Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520278 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5025 on: August 14, 2014, 12:11:01 am »

Well, if you have a better idea to deter people from using stupid plot hooks like the assassin's I'm all ears.

And yes, there have been much better plot hooks, the one for Usec's was great for instance, the one for taking out MN's general was a good one (the resolution could have been better though) and using a similar one here would have been better than 'Hurr durr, assasins'.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: August 14, 2014, 12:14:16 am »

The current plot involves assassins, and though they seem to be hopelessly incompetent seeing as none of the have tried an actual assassination method, it does work in getting the characters acquainted. You have yet to explain how the castle suddenly teleported from the middle of the outback all the way into the east coast.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: August 14, 2014, 12:20:51 am »

No, the current plot is trying to kill an African warlord. The initial assassin's were a hook as far as I'm concerned. These ones are just here to say 'if ya don't win ya die' from my perspective which makes the plot seem more like a chore than it needs to be. Really that type of thing is kind of lazy. Like the Sultans, no offense but still, don't see why yet another void thing is anymore interesting. Ecspeacially right after a void thing.

With teleportation.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: August 14, 2014, 12:23:28 am »

I can certainly agree that it is far from interesting. However, the argument was not about the current state of affairs but rather how the castle seemingly teleported from the outback to the east coast of Australia and what that had to do with performing its purpose.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: August 14, 2014, 12:24:24 am »

Well, no-one actually took the plot-hooks I laid out, and some people wanted to introduce characters, so I went 'welp, screw it' and sicced more assassins on you.

Also, if they weren't hopelessly incompetent, you suckers would get permakilled, which is a shitty idea.

If you asspull the ability to teleport your entire castle, considering even Alucard's ultimate would have trouble doing that, I am fully within my rights to sic an archon on you.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: August 14, 2014, 12:29:27 am »

When was it even confirmed where Northsdale is? Because that seems like something we would need to know for this disscussion to continue.

And Smurf, why not have SERT come to the players and offer them compensation for services like most quests? It seems like I'm the only one who's actually done that this game.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: August 14, 2014, 12:31:17 am »

It's just north of Brisbane, on the coast.

Y'know, somehow displacing Redcliffe and Noosa, but we'll go with that anyway.

Also, SERT is too busy dealing with Shade, void fuckery, Murder Night, and the proto-surprise. Not to mention SERT promised to leave them alone.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:34:21 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: August 14, 2014, 12:33:52 am »

When was it even confirmed where Northsdale is? Because that seems like something we would need to know for this disscussion to continue.
When we established it was in a suburb in urban Australia. That hasn't even changed from v1. As for the city, I'm not too sure, it was Sydney in v2, but it's probably in the state of Queensland this time.

Issue is, either way, it's on the East Coast of Australia. Where the settlers actually wanted to live due to not being desert-like. The outback, is far closer to the center of Australia. Which is rather far away as one may imagine due to Australia taking up most of a continent.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: August 14, 2014, 12:36:07 am »

Alright, all discussions about the current plot aside, am I cleared to have Lohen roll up on his sick motorcycle yet?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: August 14, 2014, 12:43:22 am »

Nope, you get to go through the joys of combat testing. Yaaaaay.

Also, begun reworking the magical system.

Who we missing for archon fun times?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: August 14, 2014, 12:48:18 am »

It was stopped for a little bit.

Why is a global orginization to busy to make a grunt go to a local heroes house where they previously went and offer money or something for work?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: August 14, 2014, 12:50:24 am »

When we established it was in a suburb in urban Australia. That hasn't even changed from v1. As for the city, I'm not too sure, it was Sydney in v2, but it's probably in the state of Queensland this time.

Issue is, either way, it's on the East Coast of Australia. Where the settlers actually wanted to live due to not being desert-like. The outback, is far closer to the center of Australia. Which is rather far away as one may imagine due to Australia taking up most of a continent.

Ahem ... ALL of a continent, thank you

Nope, you get to go through the joys of combat testing. Yaaaaay.

Also, begun reworking the magical system.

Who we missing for archon fun times?

:D

edit: had wrong second quote
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:52:32 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: August 14, 2014, 12:54:17 am »

Ahem ... ALL of a continent, thank you
I did say that, but apparently, the continent extends to a few islands so I had to edit my post.

It was stopped for a little bit.
I don't think it could have gone all the way from the middle of the outback to the east coast in the half an hour or so there was in between the report and the assassination attempt.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: August 14, 2014, 12:57:54 am »

Now that I think about it Northsdale really needs to be somewhat close to the outback as Kyle's family is within walking distance and was stated to live in the outback.

And meh.... i tired.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: August 14, 2014, 12:59:10 am »

>inb4 northsdale is actually a giant sprawling metropolis across all of Queensland
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:00:47 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 685