Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517136 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #4890 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:02 am »

Also, I will note that waht I listed was her at Infection rating 60% I will actually need to slow down her Infection rating gain by a bit to make sure she only gains stats at large intervals.

This is a test fight that i said that each round I would be increasing her infection rating.

What level would you say the group's effective range is right now?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: August 12, 2014, 10:35:24 am »

Four attacks to kill still isn't okay. Ecspeacially if the attacker can't reach the other person at all.

Magic needs to be weakened and mana needs higher costs or higher roll numbers.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:06 am »

the groups effective level right now is 3. Simple as that. In fact, even lower, as only a few chars are at level 3, most are still level 1
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:59 am »

This is why we have test battles :)

Magic doesn't need to be weakened, it's just it needs to be more avoidable or resistable.

@Akroma, That tells me that the boss was a tad bit too weak even with it's minions...

Also, I'm still tempted to have sen put on Amazeroth's mask. It is very tempting.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: August 12, 2014, 10:42:01 am »

I'm still upset that she stole it.

But magic still needs some bigger limiters. I mean, when was the last time a magic specced character ran out of mana or failed their magic roll?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: August 12, 2014, 10:44:53 am »

nah, if magic becomes too unreliable, it can quickly become underpowered. the disparity between magic and physical attacks are too high, I think my rescaling is the best solution

also, amazeroth only failed to kill everyone because Hilda critted and more or less blew 90 damage (dude had 100 health (+renewal from minions)), so yeah, without that shot doing so unbelievably much damage, Amazeroth would have lived 5-6 turns longer. Note that in the round he died, everyone except for Spensir was below 20, many under 10 health, well within one-shot range. Against an enemy that does have AoE.

you are getting entirely the wrong impression because nobody actually died, but this one roll from Hilda made the difference between victory and a party wipe

also, who stole what? Where is the mask?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: August 12, 2014, 10:48:17 am »

I sorta agree on the bigger limits, but it needs to be moderated a bit.

If we increase the TN, then we make Magic users almost useless. If we raise mana cost then any character who uses mana for physical damage increase suffer, thus adding to the problem.

I still think that making spells more resistable (read as making RES more useable than it is) would solve some of the problems with Magic.

A good example is the Telekinesis: Basic telekinesis cannot target living entities unless the user is an esper with a powerful mind.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: August 12, 2014, 10:49:05 am »

Sen has the mask. She grabbed it before anyone had a chance to claim dibs on it :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: August 12, 2014, 10:50:37 am »

Wrong Kyle did and got pissed.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: August 12, 2014, 10:54:01 am »

idea, possibly perk-bound as it seems very useful and implies combat training so people might not automatical have that

Def: Defensive stance, char braces for incoming fire while in this stance, +3 def, +3 speed, -3 skill, -3 damage (no matter the source, to avoid abuse)

Something similar for magic, and offensive equivalents are obvious.

But really, what is wrong with just rescaling magic? It reduces the damage dealt to a easily dealable amount

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: August 12, 2014, 10:57:12 am »

Leaving the link, but otherwise that wasn't really helpful to anyone.

Anyways, We really need a plot element to help us uncover what the mask will do. I mean besides someone putting the mask on and unleashing hell onto the group.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:04:58 am by Sanure »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: August 12, 2014, 11:05:43 am »

Don't look at me, nobody ever bothered trying to find it out either way

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: August 12, 2014, 03:26:22 pm »

Just thought I'd point out:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: August 12, 2014, 03:29:51 pm »

Point out what? Twilight Academy is back? Someone posted in the v2 thread? RotMG is still the monstrosity it has always been?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: August 12, 2014, 03:32:19 pm »

Just the sheer size of v2 whenever we left it off. TA isn't back btw. I just sorted it by the amount of replies... but TA grew to twice the size of v2 very quickly back when it was still active haha.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 685