Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517104 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #4860 on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:32 am »

Nah, your plan is better, I was just worried that if Sen was too far away Mary might not notice and turns it into metagaming. Hopefully Alice arrives soon enough, I may have enough time for Mary to switch forms and charge up...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: August 12, 2014, 07:12:09 am »

Sen is currently in combat range, but she is making sure the Assassins do not notice her, hence why I said nondescript :P

Sen is a good healer, but her need for mana is sad.

Also, Smurf, do not forget that Sen's magic is catalytic, which requires more mana to cast or it suffers from a reduced effect.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: August 12, 2014, 07:14:06 am »

Mary isn't too good a healer unfortunately, she pretty much only heals for half as much as Alice at the same costs and drawbacks.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: August 12, 2014, 07:16:59 am »

Alison begins to move a bit faster as her limbs begin to change shape and size. When they are done changing, Alison's arm are now more aerodynamic and end in sharpened claws. Her legs have become lithe and long, further giving her an edge in combat.

Alison's SPD increased by 3
Alison's STR increased by 4

[Alison gained Rapid Succession: Alison gains an extra attack as long as her SPD is higher than an Opponents by at least 5.]
[Infection Rating: 25%]

Alison rushes at Issei again and rakes her claws against his side as she slides past him.

Alison [42] [10]
Issei [26/54/120] [8]

Alison rakes her claws towards Issei, [7,19 VS 17, 7], landing a vicious attack, which deals [11+4 VS 1] 14 damage!

[Welsh Dragon Balance Breaker! BoostBoostBoost-o!]
Issei [10] (-6 mana) activates Welsh Dragon Balance Breaker, which he can maintain for 5 turns!

Alison regenerates [2] health!
Issei's power increases by 1.

Can I try out one of Issei's planned perks? It'll be funny, trust me.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: August 12, 2014, 07:22:47 am »

At the rate things are going, Alison/Bakteiral will get two attacks each turn. Also, What are Issei and Alison/Bakteiral's current stat totals? I feel that will be necessary to list.

Alison begins clawing at her own skin as it begins to harden into chitin.

Bakteiral's DEF increased by 3.
Bakteiral's RES increased by 3.
Bakteiral's STR increased by 3

[Bakteiral gained Chitinous Skin: Bakteiral gains a natural DR 4. ]
[Infection Rating: 30%][Bakteiral assumes control.][Alison has died.]

Bakteiral rushes at Issei slamming her claws into his chest. As she hits she spins her foot up towards his head to hit him again.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: August 12, 2014, 07:24:27 am »

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:24:22 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: August 12, 2014, 07:38:19 am »

Going offline now. Apollonius will continue being cute and murder happy. Mary will continue trying to stay alive and keep allies alive.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: August 12, 2014, 07:55:23 am »

Issei:
Health: 9/18/27
Mana: 5
Speed: 30
Skill: 30
Strength: 30
Magic: (6) 21
Defence: 30
Resistance: 30

Issei is pretty buffed at the moment, although some of that is due to me slipping him a bonus one point of base magic per round.

Baktieral
Health*: 20
Speed: 27
Skill: 21
Strength: 24
Magic: 5
Defence: 8
Resistance: 20

Daaang

At the rate things are going, Alison/Bakteiral will get two attacks each turn. Also, What are Issei and Alison/Bakteiral's current stat totals? I feel that will be necessary to list.

Alison begins clawing at her own skin as it begins to harden into chitin.

Bakteiral's DEF increased by 3.
Bakteiral's RES increased by 3.
Bakteiral's STR increased by 3

[Bakteiral gained Chitinous Skin: Bakteiral gains a natural DR 4. ]
[Infection Rating: 30%][Bakteiral assumes control.][Alison has died.]

Bakteiral rushes at Issei slamming her claws into his chest. As she hits she spins her foot up towards his head to hit him again.

Alison [42] [10]
Issei [12/54/120] [2]

Bakteiral rushes at Issei slamming her claws into his chest. As she hits she spins her foot up towards his head to hit him again. [2,14 VS 23, 11] Issei blocks the blow to the chest, but she lands a vicious attack to his head, which deals [3+1 VS 12] no damage!

[Jet!]
Issei is at his maximum level of power in his current state, and he rams Bakteiral into a wall, following up with a devastating punch! [28,16 VS 21,15], the ram dealing [4+3 VS 5+1] 1 damage, and the follow up punch dealing [24+3 VS 2+5] 20 damage!

Alison regenerates [3] health!

Titus [36] [20]
Kaiser [38] [42]

Titus [6] (-4 mana) fires at Kaiser, the arrow hitting him for [4+5 VS 5] 4 damage!

"Let's speed this up."

Kaiser [10 VS 1] grabs Titus, and puts him into a bind, requiring a TN 9 for strength to be escaped from.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:00:15 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: August 12, 2014, 07:59:04 am »

sdadasadsdasfadeahdsejtyhytgfbshtgbv ccbv
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:34:41 am by Kansa »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: August 12, 2014, 08:11:33 am »

((wait, did Issei just boost all his stats by 25 for 5 turns, for 6 mana?. haha, no. Dont do that. Instead, roll nazi vs kyle battle plox))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: August 12, 2014, 08:12:24 am »

The Mary health detector thing is allowed, although it will only tell you if your attack will heal or hurt it.

The problem with limb-removing special attacks is that high-health characters (especially Issei) would be too greatly effected by it. I would build up a better VATS-style physical combat system... but I've got two maths assignments due in a few days, so fark.

not nessecarily - your could for instance make the tresholds for temporary crippling, permanent crippling and complete removal percentage based to the total health someone has - that way very resiliant characters are much more likely withstand this attack. Feel free to set those tresholds at whatever percentage you seem fitting
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: August 12, 2014, 08:19:08 am »

As Issei has Bakteiral pinned to the wall her body begins to adjust to the battle.

Her right claws change into talons.
Her left claws change into a large pincer with barbs on it.
Her legs split and end with large barbed spikes.
Her lower jaw dislocates and falls to the ground.
Small feelers and fangs descend from her upper jaw.
Her back now two large prehensile spikes curving around her head and pointing at Issei.
Bakteiral has grown a large prehensile tail that ends in a large curved scythe blade.

Bakteiral's SPD increases by 6.
Bakteiral's STR increase by 6.
Bakteiral's SKL increases by 4.
Bakteiral's DEF increases by 4.
Bakteiral's RES increases by 1.

[Bakterial gains Insectiod: Bakteiral's healing factor changes into 3d24 HP Regen. Bakterial's No Pain, No Gain becomes Exoskeletal Armor: Bakterial resists 2d16 damage.]
[Infection Rating: 40%]

Bakterial immediately grabs Issei's Arm with her large pincer in an attempt to break his armour and arm. Her back spikes jut towards Issei attempting to skewer him.

((Holy fuck I can see Bakteiral becoming OP when she gets to her current infection rating if I roll her upgrade rolls this well again [using a real d8]))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:23:21 am by Sanure »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: August 12, 2014, 08:41:34 am »

((wait, did Issei just boost all his stats by 25 for 5 turns, for 6 mana?. haha, no. Dont do that. Instead, roll nazi vs kyle battle plox))

((One, it was 5 skills by 15 (which is still terrible), two, it's because I have been slipping him bonus magic so he can deal with Bakterial's upgrades, three, still working on it.

I did update, you turds guys didn't reply to it >.<))

As Issei has Bakteiral pinned to the wall her body begins to adjust to the battle.

Her right claws change into talons.
Her left claws change into a large pincer with barbs on it.
Her legs split and end with large barbed spikes.
Her lower jaw dislocates and falls to the ground.
Small feelers and fangs descend from her upper jaw.
Her back now two large prehensile spikes curving around her head and pointing at Issei.
Bakteiral has grown a large prehensile tail that ends in a large curved scythe blade.

Bakteiral's SPD increases by 6.
Bakteiral's STR increase by 6.
Bakteiral's SKL increases by 4.
Bakteiral's DEF increases by 4.
Bakteiral's RES increases by 1.

Baktieral
Health*: 20
Speed: 33
Skill: 25
Strength: 30
Magic: 5
Defence: 12
Resistance: 21

[Bakterial gains Insectiod: Bakteiral's healing factor changes into 3d24 HP Regen. Bakterial's No Pain, No Gain becomes Exoskeletal Armor: Bakterial resists 2d16 damage.]
[Infection Rating: 40%]

Bakterial immediately grabs Issei's Arm with her large pincer in an attempt to break his armour and arm. Her back spikes jut towards Issei attempting to skewer him.

((Holy fuck I can see Bakteiral becoming OP when she gets to her current infection rating if I roll her upgrade rolls this well again [using a real d8]))

((that regen and exoskeletal armor is fucking off the charts, son))

Alison [45] [10]
Issei [12/54/120] [2]

Bakterial immediately grabs Issei's Arm with her large pincer in an attempt to break his armour and arm. Her back spikes jut towards Issei attempting to skewer him. [21,20 VS 10,21] Issei's arm is grabbed, but he manages to roll out of being skewered. [10+3 VS 11] 2 damage!

Issei kicks Bakterial off the battlements, following up with a gravity-assisted stomp across her abdomen. [30,12 VS 20,22], the kick dealing [30+3 VS 1+21] 11 damage, and the follow up stomp missing!

Alison regenerates 33 health!

Titus [36] [20]
Kaiser [38] [42]

Titus [10] breaks free!

Kaiser [13] [13 VS 10] injects Titus with nanomush!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: August 12, 2014, 08:46:44 am »

((Yeah I think the upgrades need a bit of a nerf))

Titus took a step backwards as he was injected with the thing, he shook him self slightly and then fired another flash arrow at the ground between them. Once again he made sure to close his eyes.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:23 am »

when you have a total of 186 health, adding a bonus to +15 to 5 stats is not useless, it's HUGE

Issei as it stands is broken. almost 200 health and 30 in almost all stats? that's stronger than amazeroth or araceli. That is definetly raidboss material.

speaking of which, that amount of health regen and armor on bakterial is utter nonsense too. Any attack that does not one-hit her, she will not care about, and with that armor, nothing one-hits her. Both of you should seriously compare the numbers you guys write with numbers on already existing character sheets.

((also, I did not see that update you poop. link))
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 685