Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 518428 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Ninja Plots
« Reply #2025 on: July 10, 2014, 01:30:38 am »

Void isn't that eldritch tough. It's a void.
It's odd but in the end it wouldn't be mind bending.
But why would entities from it develop to consider their very antithesis to be beautiful or otherwise attractive?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 10, 2014, 01:31:34 am »

Why do some people think that void is beautiful?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 10, 2014, 01:31:55 am »

And now I just envisioned Romeo and Juliet with the two sides as Creation and Void.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 10, 2014, 01:32:50 am »

Do they?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 10, 2014, 01:33:38 am »

And now I just envisioned Romeo and Juliet with the two sides as Creation and Void.
Alucard is Juliet.

Do they?
I don't know any personally but I have heard claims and thus can't disprove it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 10, 2014, 01:35:40 am »

From what I know, Abraxas just stays there because its convenient for his studies, Ashley uses it as her teleportation network, and Alucard and Barti haven't said anything about it's beauty.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 10, 2014, 01:37:24 am »

Barti can proclaim it's beauty all he wants, after all, he originates from it. Ashley may as well due to being assimilated partially by it; it would be pointless to revive someone as an entity that finds it's own ability abhorrent.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 10, 2014, 01:39:46 am »

Barti can proclaim it's beauty all he wants, after all, he originates from it. Ashley may as well due to being assimilated partially by it; it would be pointless to revive someone as an entity that finds it's own ability abhorrent.
She does hate it though. Mostly because she has to kill people because of it and she's going insane but still.

It also means that if Kyle manages to get together with both Ashley and Lizzie he's going to have two void related girlfriends who hate their powers.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 10, 2014, 03:27:30 am »

Who said Ashley hates her powers? She hates her Voidwalker origins, aye. Just because she has to do stuff she dislikes so that she can stay the way she is.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 10, 2014, 03:50:39 am »

for the record, not *this* creation 12 times, but 12 different creations. void is vast, and creation is not the only light in it

as for those wondering about beatability, the method of summoning was flawed - for the time being, they are not impossible to beat.

as far "caes just sais no" goes, don't blame me for that. It should be evident to everyone that a player character that is literaly the creator of the universe is pretty bullshit, and I will not take such stuff into consideration when thinking up a plot. Same goes for "let's just call the gods". This is the kind of bullshit resource that makes any difficulty arbitrary.

as far as the invasion goes, it goes slowly and deliberately. Most of all, I am establishing villains for a long lasting useage. I mean come on, magical girl trope number one, there is something evil going on that needs to be fought. Without that, it's just a game of the sims

edit: as far as *destroy the nexus serpent* goes, that thing is dead. It literaly got torn from inside out. And if you read carefully, you will notice that 11 other figures entered alongside Amazeroth. the damage is already done
Finaly, with the eclipse stretched to encompass almost the entirety of the sky, a single ball of sheer blackness drips unto the world, landing in front of you with a release of void energy that deconstructs all form of matter in the area around you. As the blackness dissipates, the energy condences into twelve figures - eleven of which dart away over the horizon as soon as they took shape. Only the twelth figure remains. Standing at about four meters tall it stands, mummified and incredibly thin. Its four arms stretched out in a welcoming gesture. Behind it, the portal closed, the moon moved on, and the sun light returned as if nothing ever happened.
Amazeroth had arrived. And he was not alone.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:57:32 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 10, 2014, 03:57:45 am »

Anything about a creation loving Sultane? Because that would make it more interesting.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 10, 2014, 04:16:05 am »

For the record, not *this* creation 12 times, but 12 different creations. void is vast, and creation is not the only light in it
That probably needs to be defined better to prevent future ambiguity seeing as the whole of Creation also resets on a regular basis.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 10, 2014, 04:33:33 am »

spoilers!

also I guess I better get the info dump posts going, regarding what knowledge Alucard has about the enemy that he can share with the group. For now, the information he has about Amazeroth and his henchmen.

Amazeroth, that summoners call Iribaar. Bringer of dark wisdom.

"Amazeroth is his name, madness and and deception are his left and his right feet, but his hands are Qok'Maloth the witchcraft, and Xamanoth the forbidden knowledge. And the Hand Uridabash wields the staff and the hand Beel'Ymash the blade. And he holds the key to Gnap'Caor the compendium. And one tounge speaks true and one speaks false. And his eye is called Mhek'Thagor, and it's blind and yet sees everything. And it's the third tounge that speaks death." - the daimonicon, first edition, p.34

Amazeroths domain is knowledge and magic, but also lies, illusions and insanity. As one of the older sultanes, he is experienced but conceited. Thinking no form of magic beyond his grasp, he fears little. It is said that each of his minions was forged by splitting off a part of himself and giving it form, rather than what other sultanes normaly, do form stuff from souls and energy taken from creation. That is simultanously his greatest strength and his greatest weakness, as splitting off so much of himself leaves him considerably weaker individualy than any other sultane. However as long as even a single part remains, he regenerates much faster than any other sultane could. As such when fighting him, one has to consider every opponent he sends at you all part of a single opponent.

((considering that this would be *the* first thing any summoner reads about amazeroth, I do wonder why Alucard was not at any time suspicious. He could have at any time analysed the shard that Amazeroth told him was part of the world core, and found that it was part of the void))

Beel'ymash, the hand with sword

taking the form of a one-armed maiden in armor made of glass, Beel'ymash is one of the greatest anti-mages in the void. Clutching a blade made from a mirror in her left hand, there is little magic she can't disrupt, or outright reflect.

Uridabash, the hand with staff

taking the form of a one-armed humanoid with mostly reptilian features, clad in vaguealy greek robes, Uridabash casts spells that are of great destructive power. A staff in the shape of a draconic spine in his right hand, his offensive capabilities are hard to withstand

Xamanoth, the forbidden knowledge

taking the form of a disembodied head, with various tentacles instead of a lower jaw, dangling from his head like a beard. Little is actually known about what Xamanoth is capable of, as he is usualy summoned to impart knowledge about magic on the summoner

Qok'maloth, the witchcraft

taking the form of a hemipledgic vulture, it's left side of the body entirely devoid of feathers and covered in scars, Qok'maloth holds little potential in actual combat. He is however, the master of curses. Before you know it, he may render you so helpless that he can slowly limp over to you and eat your eyes, no matter how slow he is.

Mhek'thagor the blind eye

taking the form of a 3-eyed mask, behind which one can see into the void, Mhek'thagor brings upon the world illusions that even the sharpest of minds will find convincing. Trapping it's victims in dreamworlds, he robs them of their sanity.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 10, 2014, 04:33:35 am »

Oh yeah, my family and I are moving to California. I thought I should mention that while I'm still awake and people are on.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 10, 2014, 04:34:12 am »

oho? how how long will you be unavaiable?
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 685