Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 518413 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Ninja Plots
« Reply #1995 on: July 09, 2014, 10:50:59 pm »

Sen is a knowledge demon. Any logic she says, is meant to be sound. It's one of the aspects of her kind.

Also, fun or not, don't make fun of player's or their lore. It's not nice and could be considered against the Bay12 rules.

Lastly, Saying: Nothing Personal, is a good way to start a fight, even if it is meant as good natured.

((Yes i am in a bad mood. My brother is sick and I'm having to take care of his sorry ass :/))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 09, 2014, 11:15:47 pm »

...wait so anything she says is automatically logical? >_< I'm not making fun of you, just the way that could be abused hurts my brain.

I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments/questions. It's just that that train of thought seems...ill-thought out to me. Could she not simply avoid the Void-Sultans, or at the least save 'KILL ME NOW' for a last resort?

Expecting your opponent's entire plan to unravel because you got rid of one of their tools that you don't even know what it's for seems like...poor...strategy/planning. She's not a tactics demon, though, so perhaps it makes sense. If they believe she's absolutely crucial to their foe's plans, it does make a strange sort of sense to be absolutely sure he couldn't get hold of her.

Sidenote: I'm sorry your brother is sick, and I'm sorry you have to deal with his (presumable) whining.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 09, 2014, 11:27:57 pm »

Nah, Sen just says logical things, that's it. It just sounds logical, but can be entirely wrong.

It's good roleplaying. Sen automatically assumed the worse possible, most game changing thing she could do and said it. As I said, Sen says logical, if wrong, things.

I am not expecting the entire plan to be unraveled. In fact, I am full expecting Sen to be a sort of Key to stop the invasion. And as such what ever his name needs her either dead, or under his control to make sure his plans succeed. Sen is definitely not a tactician. If she was, She would have destroyed more than a village in a day before Kyle and company stopped her.

Sidenote: It's less his whining and more me having to ferry food and medicine for him.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 09, 2014, 11:28:59 pm »

Just dont pour hot soup on his face.
pls get the reference

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 09, 2014, 11:34:24 pm »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: July 09, 2014, 11:39:22 pm »

So, anything powerfully enough Void is effectively Anti-Creation, right?

So by the same logic, anything powerfully enough Creation is Anti-Void, yes?
Yes. Which means that most of the cast's magic deals extra damage against void entities, though they also take more damage from void attacks.

Also, seeing as the lore in the OP of this very thread indicates the proliferation of anti-magic and anti-void fields, what prevents the fields from cockblocking the sultans?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:44 pm »

Unless the field is super-strong, they can be overpowered easily by really strong magical or void entities. Besides, they could probably try tricking/enslaving us feeble mortals to blow the generators up for them.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 09, 2014, 11:50:33 pm »

Whelp; solution found.

Turn the Golden Throne into an Anti-Void generator, drop it on the portal.

DONE.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 09, 2014, 11:50:53 pm »

What if there's one sultane who has a creation fetish or something and gets really pissed at the others and secretly helps the creation people.

... I mean, I think it'd be interesting.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 09, 2014, 11:57:14 pm »

*how I read that:*

"Unf! Yeah....nnnngh! Just like that, baby....ooh yeah..."
"What the fuck are you doing, Skjdijhbinajhslkd?"
"Oh! Uh, Fnuyehfsnb! I didn't see you there, I was just, uhhh..."
"What the fuck is this, Skjdijhbinajhslkd!? Is this a video of that human planet? Are you getting off by watching Creation orbit itself?!?"
"Well- uh- you see-"
"Oh no. You're not getting out of this. You're fucking gone as soon as the other Sultans find out."
*door slams*
"...shit."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 09, 2014, 11:57:36 pm »

You could try finding someone/something that can weaponize inflatons (assuming that inflation theory is correct in this universe), I would presume it'd be the Creation-equivalent of Mordite.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 09, 2014, 11:59:13 pm »

Yeah, that stuff is a big part of Kaiser's plotline, but then you decided to drop this lovely onto his lap.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: July 09, 2014, 11:59:19 pm »

You could try finding someone/something that can weaponize inflatons (assuming that inflation theory is correct in this universe), I would presume it'd be the Creation-equivalent of Mordite.
Could you explain that further? Because it sounds like something Kyle would use.

*how I read that:*

"Unf! Yeah....nnnngh! Just like that, baby....ooh yeah..."
"What the fuck are you doing, Skjdijhbinajhslkd?"
"Oh! Uh, Fnuyehfsnb! I didn't see you there, I was just, uhhh..."
"What the fuck is this, Skjdijhbinajhslkd!? Is this a video of that human planet? Are you getting off by watching Creation orbit itself?!?"
"Well- uh- you see-"
"Oh no. You're not getting out of this. You're fucking gone as soon as the other Sultans find out."
*door slams*
"...shit."
Best interpretation.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 10, 2014, 12:05:39 am »

You know how the early universe supposedly underwent inflation (sudden expansion)? Well, there's a theory that inflation is a field (think gravitational field, or Higgs field) that released all it's potential energy in the form of matter. An inflaton would be the particle representation of the field.

Not really sure what firing a beam of that stuff would do though. Plus a laser may work just as well against void seeing as lasers are beams of photons, the gauge bosons for the second most powerful fundamental force.

I suppose you could try magically shoving energy back into inflation to cause a similar event on a smaller scale...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:07:13 am by Empiricist »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 10, 2014, 12:07:14 am »

Aw, I hoped that it was some kind of funky metaloid.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 685