Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 518652 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #1215 on: June 26, 2014, 04:57:57 pm »

Can I have some information on how it works?

Also, if I could find the sheet, I might accept it :P
I was just replying to him, Akroma. :P Calm thyself, plox. It's not a necessity, it just fits with her better.

Also, balance isn't always the best thing in a story. In most books, a lot of the characters aren't 'balanced' in regards to each other, but it can still make a good story. Besides, when everyone has multiple characters anyway...

Well, I don't feel the need to be balanced(that is to say, I'm okay with being weaker, or stronger, either way). I feel the need to be awesome(with some character types, at least), but not necessarily balanced.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 26, 2014, 05:04:52 pm »

The problem is that if you don't care about balance then plots that people do are either way too easy or way too hard. Either you balance for the more OP characters and have boss battles become almost impossible to defeat for anyone who isn't OP, or you balance for the weaker ones and have the boss be destroyed in one turn due to the fact that the OP characters can just storm in and kill it with ease. Due to this issue we ended up last game with a boss that would have taken over 50 turns to defeat and other bosses that were defeated in just 2.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:06:45 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 26, 2014, 05:06:38 pm »

well, it goes vice versa, if I make a base flea-proof, *nobody* is getting in ever
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 26, 2014, 05:14:52 pm »

A pane of glass would stop a flea. I can get through that.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 26, 2014, 05:26:11 pm »

well, turn into a drill first, get in, be flea, all is spied
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 26, 2014, 05:26:41 pm »

What if a fleamancer summoned hundreds of fleas? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 26, 2014, 05:28:59 pm »

in a world where there are flea-mancers, there clearly is no god!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 26, 2014, 05:30:02 pm »

Im screaming at my computer to boot right now. I NEED MY FUCKING DOTA FIX MAN

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 26, 2014, 05:45:08 pm »

Some more Shitimaeus shit

-When he is attacked, some of his essence is, well, dispersed. This means the lower his HP is, the worse he can shapeshift. When he reaches 0 HP he is completely unable to retain his form in creation and his essence is scattered in the void where it will eventually reform. Due to his will to exist and his binding with Alucard's soul, this takes a mininum of a few days time. But of course that means 10 years in the void.

-He can attempt to shapeshift into much larger things (dragon) if he strains his essence. He'd have to make a MAG check every turn he tries to retain the form or something or else his HP begins to deduct.

-He can also make himself explode by commiting suicide--compressing his essence into something very small and unleashing it, thus causing a big explosion of void magic. He can also do this in smaller amounts, but with a much weaker blast. This obvioiusly siphons his HP.

-Really his HP and MANA could be considered the same, but they're seperate stats for the sake of the system

-He has no true form, true name, nor does he have a true voice. There is literally nothing true about him. He is summoned through things that are associated with him and the summoner's will alone.

-He can also be considered a she, or an it.

-He has hundreds of names and forms.

-He is 5,000 years old in human time. In void time that's, well, a lot.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 26, 2014, 06:14:13 pm »

So my Internet and TV supplier is having some sort of issues or something. So basically, I have neither at the moment. I called, and they literally asked if I had turned it off then back on, so I got pissed and hung up. Currently using phone until fixed. God knows how long that'll be...
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 26, 2014, 06:29:58 pm »

The problem is that if you don't care about balance then plots that people do are either way too easy or way too hard. Either you balance for the more OP characters and have boss battles become almost impossible to defeat for anyone who isn't OP, or you balance for the weaker ones and have the boss be destroyed in one turn due to the fact that the OP characters can just storm in and kill it with ease. Due to this issue we ended up last game with a boss that would have taken over 50 turns to defeat and other bosses that were defeated in just 2.

See, the problem is, when there are shittons of characters like this, it's pretty impossible to balance anyway if they're all there at once. Plan the encounters in advance, make them suitably challenging, fudge the rolls if necessary to help the story progress, and split the party. So much easier to deal with when they're by themselves. >:D

I called, and they literally asked if I had turned it off then back on,
...did you? Like, everything in the house?
Though honestly if you're calling tech support they should know that you've done everything else within your power to fix it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:31:54 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 26, 2014, 06:30:57 pm »

See, the problem is, when there are shittons of characters like this, it's pretty impossible to balance anyway if they're all there at once. Plan the encounters in advance, make them suitably challenging, fudge the rolls if necessary to help the story progress, and split the party. So much easier to deal with when they're by themselves. >:D
I LIKE HOW THIS GUYS THINK
YOU HEARD EM, FUDGE THE ROLLS

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 26, 2014, 06:33:48 pm »

Just sayin', if the boss rolls a crit on the glass cannon which would otherwise get everyone killed...

Or fold it into the story. That's fun too; make it so they don't die, they're just kidnapped and have to escape.

The only issue is making sure the PCs understand they can't auto-solve encounters, just because you're good at picking locks doesn't every lock you come across can be picked. Randomness can be nice for ensuring a pseudo-realism with that, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 26, 2014, 06:42:45 pm »

Heh. I sorta want to start up a plot involving silly alien mischief, but I'm afraid you lot will set me on fire because of it.

Welp, time to bring Tom back into the fold. Try and not instantly glomp him, Twi  :P
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 26, 2014, 06:43:50 pm »

Winry's plot is already going to involve that.
SET ME ON FIRE
DO IT
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 685