Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517546 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #615 on: June 12, 2014, 03:07:38 pm »

yeah I noticed. So far your theme seems to be being against everything that happens in the game that goes beyond anything mundane
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 12, 2014, 03:09:36 pm »

Oh, Like how Sen showed her disdain for Alucards mission by telling him that bad things will happen and pushing him out of her store? Cause she still doesn't feel bad~
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 12, 2014, 03:10:19 pm »

in a magical girl game, magic things need to happen, else it's just a ...girl game?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 12, 2014, 03:10:26 pm »

And how Albrecht practically said 'this plan is stupid and you're all going to screw the rest of us over' and stormed out? :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 12, 2014, 03:10:43 pm »

Any plot that relies on the PCs being dumb enough to follow it is a bad one.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 12, 2014, 03:11:53 pm »

I'm not with those two. I just don't like doing plot. ((Does not apply to my Puella Magi game, due to that being non-plot central.))
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 12, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »

I'm not with those two. I just don't like doing plot. ((Does not apply to my Puella Magi game, due to that being non-plot central.))
I'm with Sanure. Unless someone can persuade Albrecht enough~

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 12, 2014, 03:14:22 pm »

oh I guess I'll just have to kidnaps someone then like in all plots ever?

also if PN is the only one who cares for a plot, then fuck it. I don't want to GM for people who don't want to be GMd, and they don't want me to GM.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 12, 2014, 03:15:31 pm »

Not saying the plot isn't something we'll do, you just are introducing it in a way that no one in their right mind would follow it.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 12, 2014, 03:17:49 pm »

I suggest using a very, very opportune hook to make people participate. Like suggesting the wish could be used to bring samson back from the dead, thus causing Shade to regain her humanity. ((this won't work~))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 12, 2014, 03:19:24 pm »

I suggest using a very, very opportune hook to make people participate. Like suggesting the wish could be used to bring samson back from the dead, thus causing Shade to regain her humanity. ((this won't work~))
Yeah, that's pretty obvious since she's DOUBLY DEAD!

I do have Kyle's wish if someone says it to him.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 12, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty obvious since she's DOUBLY DEAD!
~~I love my tutorial bosses~~

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 12, 2014, 03:22:08 pm »

I mean, you're suggesting to commit international crime, to a drunk ex-hero, a private detective, and HILDA, also an ex-hero.

Anyway you spin it, none of the heroic characters will actually accept that mission. Ever.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 12, 2014, 03:24:45 pm »

Alucard for one has all the motivation for it. It's p to him to pull it off. I'll not send in an NPC that sings the praises of Alucards goals for him. But yes - Alucard is not quite in his right mind.

That being said, Kyle is an alcoholic who has seemingly burned down so much that he'd probably never do any heroing again anyway, what with his spirit being broken and all. For a magic girl game, quite grim. So whatever way would I send a plot like this at him where he suddenly wants to participate? The prospect of giving Hilda a soul leaves him cold, he conveniently broke up moments before, and I could not have planned that in, his allies being in danger no longer interests him, the possibility of seeing Lunette does not seem to bother him, nor did the prospect of helping Ashley stay in creation, heck he'd probably not care if the layar started shit again. How would I present plot without just blatantly shoving it into his face? He's a really tough target.

As far as bringing Samson back to live, well, at the very least it could easily be used to retrieve his soul from wherever it went after death, that is absolutely in the Nexus Serpents power. Giving him a body or preventing his soul returning back to wherever it went and whatnot, that's a different story

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:36 pm »

If you can find a fairly reasonable way to present it to Albrecht without triggering his instincts to call bullshit on it.....
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 685