Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517789 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2014, 12:27:15 am »

I actually covered this a long time ago, but sure.

They were originally a family group in Greece that mostly served as a protective/guiding role, chased out after being blamed for the whole... Shys'm Caes thing. They traveled over most of the world before eventually ending up in japan, their surname changing over time, finally settling there and becoming the Midorikawas. They gained their influence in Japan by using their family legacy and powers to ensure those who would obey them came to power, eventually escalating to elevating members of the family itself (extended family, of course) to those positions, and then spreading out through the world, while appearing in the modern age as a clandestine company with interests in pretty much everything one can think of, either directly, through legal subsidiaries, or though companies that aren't technically subsidiaries but are run by members of the Family.

All in all, if you can name a country, you can almost guarantee that there's a Midorikawa in most, if not all, of that country's highest offices, and those that aren't are, most of the time, highly controlled.

It was intended to be implying that the director of the CIA was an extended family member, by the way.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 09, 2014, 12:28:50 am »

Ahhhh, networking.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 09, 2014, 12:35:55 am »

Fairly certain if it's revealed they did that shit would be stirred.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 09, 2014, 12:36:07 am »

How precisely did they ensure that those extended members of family still gave a damn? After all, they could have just not complied with the family's wishes after gaining power and ensured that they had enough fail-deadly measures to prevent the Family from going after them safely or worse, split off and started a shadow war? Also, how does this network coordinate itself whilst remaining covert when there are other magical users who could monitor most means of communication? What connection did it have to IRIS, they seem antagonistic towards each other even though it seems that the former would have been able to prevent the latter from even reaching it's current form.

How precisely did they ensure their associates came to power? Furthermore, how did they ensure said associates were loyal? After all, Yuri didn't seem to have much trouble backstabbing her mother.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 09, 2014, 12:39:56 am »

Did anyone tell you that you take the fun out of things?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 09, 2014, 12:42:09 am »

How precisely did they ensure that those extended members of family still gave a damn? After all, they could have just not complied with the family's wishes after gaining power and ensured that they had enough fail-deadly measures to prevent the Family from going after them safely or worse, split off and started a shadow war? Also, how does this network coordinate itself whilst remaining covert when there are other magical users who could monitor most means of communication? What connection did it have to IRIS, they seem antagonistic towards each other even though it seems that the former would have been able to prevent the latter from even reaching it's current form.

How precisely did they ensure their associates came to power? Furthermore, how did they ensure said associates were loyal? After all, Yuri didn't seem to have much trouble backstabbing her mother.

Mostly because the VAST majority of the family are indoctrinated to live by the simple rule that anything and everything is an acceptable sacrifice for the good of the family.

Those are the ones that tend to get the important positions.

Additionally, anyone that tries to turn their back tends to end up dead in increasingly tragic accidents that can in no way be traced back to them.

They mostly don't care about IRIS.

Yuri had a LOT of internal conflict about whether or not to do anything against her mother. You all kiiiinda had a big thing to do with that.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 09, 2014, 12:46:15 am »

I recall that one complaint during the restart was that conspiracies took the fun out of the game. I am merely attempting to find imperfections and exploitable weaknesses in these conspiracies to ensure that cannot intervene in a manner that overshadows the actual PCs. After all, it's a game about people with supernatural abilities, not two enormous conspiracies with seemingly unlimited resources.

How do they determine whether they are indoctrinated or just faking it?

What prevents someone from having a fail-deadly, like something that exposes magic and the rest of the family should they die in a tragic accident?

So, there's another large conspiracy they could have influenced and taken over, yet they haven't?

How did she even end up in a situation where that was possible? Wouldn't the person they've bound God to be under more stringent surveillance and have had more indoctrination or have been outright mind-controlled instead?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 09, 2014, 12:50:22 am »

I did kind of cut Kyle's ties with IRIS. Really, the only time they should be able to intervene is if someone specifically bothers them. I really don't remember IRIS coming in unless it was something that was really big actually, like with the order.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 09, 2014, 12:51:09 am »

Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 09, 2014, 12:52:04 am »

And the dragons. And Grandiose.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 09, 2014, 12:53:59 am »

Are you saying those aren't big things that fall under IRIS things?

A fucking dragon, and some kind of entity attacking a public area.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 09, 2014, 12:54:44 am »

There was a lot of chaos at the time. And it's also still a family organization, and she was supposed to take it over, so... bit more faith there than usual.

And I never said they didn't have agents in them, they just don't care enough about them to overtly take them over. They do their job, they don't bother the Midorikawas, no reason to give a shit.

And mostly they're just really damn good at finding and removing those fail-deadly backups. Mind-readers and the like are good at that.

But yeah they shouldn't be used as a really helpful thing.

They mostly just follow their own objectives.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 09, 2014, 12:57:05 am »

Are you saying those aren't big things that fall under IRIS things?

A fucking dragon, and some kind of entity attacking a public area.
Then under that definition wouldn't most things fall under that classification seeing as plots tend to affect public areas?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 09, 2014, 12:58:00 am »

I tend to forget that IRIS is a thing I control. Thus I blame it on local problems and being understaffed.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 09, 2014, 01:00:22 am »

So can't you just prevent them from intervening in plots by citing those reasons?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 685