Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517635 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2014, 02:31:29 am »

But the simple solution is to use AP ammo and regularly switch tactics, which I think is actually a really good thing as it means EVERYONE is having to change things up when they fight.

Also, should we include the thing with the undead I posted in the V2 thread?

I will note that Rag has Talia's small ability as: Shot. Heals the wound and increases the armor.
Shooting won't work a second time. Bomb encompasses all forms of bombs.
Also, notice how the abilities don't have a TN? Yeah, that makes it kinda hard to beat already.

I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to include the undead post. I should probably look for my tidbits and pm them to Smurf.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2014, 02:33:51 am »

I just read a question in the other thread about Stella's Timeskip had an idea somewhere but I will just write it here

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2014, 02:34:28 am »

Ok, To be completely honest, No matter how 682 is made, statted, or otherwise written, it's just going to end up being another immortal being that no one can deal with IC or OOC. Rebooting the game was meant to get away from that. No offense, but please do not make such an OP character. And yes, Talia is OP. No matter how you fight her, all she does is get stronger. There is no winning against her. So yeah, I'm going to quit complaining now and get back to finishing up Sen for when the game starts.

Edit: This post is directed at @Rag.

That edit is [Obvious].

And I agree that Absorption DR is really damn strong, but all in all it's a defensive ability.

She's a tank.

A really big tank.
But the simple solution is to use AP ammo and regularly switch tactics, which I think is actually a really good thing as it means EVERYONE is having to change things up when they fight.

Switching tactics is good.

AP ammo is good, for until she adapts against it.

She's built to be the tankiest tank to ever tank. She's not exactly a damage dealer.

Mostly her points are probably going into various DR levels when she gets damaged that just make her tank better against whatever she's tanking and MAYBE an adaptation that makes use of some enemy's Achilles heel.

Unless she's in a solofight, in which case yeah points into STR/DEX/Etc

I will note that Rag has Talia's small ability as: Shot. Heals the wound and increases the armor.
Shooting won't work a second time. Bomb encompasses all forms of bombs.
Also, notice how the abilities don't have a TN? Yeah, that makes it kinda hard to beat already.

I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to include the undead post. I should probably look for my tidbits and pm them to Smurf.

Actually, shooting WOULD work, with a big enough bullet, AP would work wonders, since AP is actually really strong against DR in gurps.

The issue is more that she can pay to throw up plates that are Hardened, which means that her first layer of armor ignores AP. this issue is that this means that any attack has to break her first layer of Hardened DR in order to hit her absorption DR, since tacking Absorption onto that would get expensive fast, unless she had a LOT of points to throw around, which she doesn't at present.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2014, 02:39:27 am »

Look Ragnarok. No matter how she is written or statted, She will be OP. I will not sign off on it unless some form of disadvantage exists. Just having temporary is not good enough. There needs to be some drawbacks to each of the abilities or were just head right back into V2 territory.

We don't need an immortal tank. It's like having the Anti-void/Anti-magic generators all over again. No offense to owners of said generators since you have kept our butts safe from outside attacks, granted a few of them were bullshit :P
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2014, 02:40:24 am »

The carapace armour is mainly physical in nature. Certain spells will crack her open like wet cement, not to mention that anything that disables her without doing much damage would leave her lying on the floor disabled.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 02:41:59 am »

The carapace armour is mainly physical in nature. Certain spells will crack her open like wet cement, not to mention that anything that disables her without doing much damage would leave her lying on the floor disabled.

If you're gonna do that that puts it at another -20%. Limited DR (Physical Damage), which would bump it up to 25 DR, per the book.

funny thing about the mechanics of that ability is that it applies to all damage that doesn't have AP by default, which is why it's so expensive (5/1)

I mean if you really want you can force me to take the Limited mod for it, and I will, just pointing out.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:43:37 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 02:43:12 am »

With the current rule-set, that is game breaking. How many characters in the group/ not in the group has enough stats in the MAG stat to bypass 19 RES?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2014, 02:44:29 am »

With the current rule-set, that is game breaking. How many characters in the group/ not in the group has enough stats in the MAG stat to bypass 19 RES?

To be fair she has 19 DEF too.

So that's gonna be a bitch to pierce, anyway.

Also

Why is it a problem?

It's not like we're PVPing or anything.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2014, 02:45:06 am »

To be fair she has 19 DEF too.

So that's gonna be a bitch to pierce, anyway.

My point exactly.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2014, 02:47:37 am »

It's basically because when we had plots, it ended up being 13 players vs 1 boss with all of the PCs being OP and the boss having like 300 HP. 1 turn and everyone has killed the boss. Its not about PvPing. It's about making sure the plots aren't in constant easy mode and we can't just stay behind one character and chill while we figure out a plan of action.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 02:54:37 am »

Couple things. First, I doubt everyone's going to be targetting her. Why the hell would they? Second, she has a total of 21 points of DR, 25 if I need to take Phys.

that comes out to 21/7=3, or a max DR if I spend every single point I get on it of...

24, with three whole points floating around. buying shit with absorption DR doesn't expend the points, it just allocates them to do shit.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2014, 03:02:07 am »

That's the things about tanks. The attacker doesn't need to target the tank. the tank just has to get in the way of the attacker.

Anyways, I have some finishing touches to put on Sen's character sheet and then I'm off to bed.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 03:06:15 am »

Let's leave it up to the GM.

Speaking of, GM, PM me any ideas and shit for balancing it if you have issues.

Always glad to help.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2014, 03:17:07 am »

@KJ and @Ragnarok probably should post all relevant data on how their respective conspiracies acquired their funds, power, resources, etc. for all to audit. As I recall, PCs having access to the might of enormous conspiracies was an issue.

Aside from that, my involvement basically ends here. Good luck with the reset.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2014, 03:21:03 am »

excuse me, a damage reduction of 21 points?

attacks averagely do what, 4-7 damage - assuming equal strength to defence. That's maaaybe a bit too tanky.

How about:

Minor: increases damage absorption by 2 for one turn

medium: increases damage absorption by 4 for one turn, or by 2 for 2 turns

big: increases damage absorption by 6 for one turn, or by 4 for 2 turns, or by 2 for 3 turns

etc.

All these abilities need to be used actively and take mana and a roll. No, you may not get nuked and just tank that and even become stronger from it. Invincibility is not a legit ability.

That fits generaly pretty well into how everyone elses abilities are scaling compared to mana cost and difficulty

smurf: to find the charsheets, my signature may be helpful. Also, it was patched out that ever action of a summoned creature takes mana, I just overlooked it and thus did not delete it

I ask everyone to please go through the rules again, as they may have been patched since you made your charsheet, and double-check TNs and mana costs

Laura: beware, with just 6 in magic, your char will only have access to medium spells until you level up
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:57:59 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 685