Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517458 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge
« Reply #9780 on: May 11, 2015, 08:36:12 pm »

Right, so I'm caught up on the IC thread now. It's... A thing.

Now, where is everyone? Apparently Linda and Kaiser returned to Northdale on a dropship, but that doesn't mean that everyone followed them. I want/need Dalia to talk to Isaac to try and set up my plot hence why I'm asking. Hakim should talk to people too, but I suppose that he could always go to the dinner thing at Kyle's ruined castle. In full combat gear, just in case teleportation to New York works again. You can never be too prepared...

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: May 11, 2015, 11:26:05 pm »

Isaac, for convenience, is in the same area as Dalia. Woo.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: May 12, 2015, 03:12:50 pm »

So, I wanna figure out some SP skills for Catherine. Does a 1SP move that makes the next attack an guaranteed hit sound alright? Or at least a much higher chance?

Also, maybe a 2SP one that let's her definitely manage to keep hold of a target for a turn to help allow her to use her Transformation magic on them?

If neither of these are good, suggestions?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: May 12, 2015, 04:39:00 pm »

for various effects, look at Hakims sheet. An auto hit is definetly worth 2 points
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: May 12, 2015, 04:44:35 pm »

Alright then. I'll add an auto-hit as a 2 point skill, and maybe +2 to next dodge roll as a 1-point? Also, should the one for allowing her to hold on be a 2-point, or 3-point for when she raises her strength, or something else?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:47:27 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: May 12, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »

+2 to the next dodge roll on the other hand is a bit weak. If it is some sort of defensive stance, it could increase dodge by 25%
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: May 12, 2015, 04:49:35 pm »

I am absolute *BLEEP* at balancing.
Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: May 12, 2015, 04:51:23 pm »

if in doubt, just check various charsheets, few have yet adopted the SP system though

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: May 12, 2015, 04:59:01 pm »

I'm slowly getting there. Linda should be next, but I don't feel comfortable doing major sheet changes without a computer. Seeing as I'm stuck to mobile until I get a new one ;-;

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: May 12, 2015, 08:43:11 pm »

for various effects, look at Hakims sheet. An auto hit is definetly worth 2 points

Hakim's sheet isn't 100% balanced though... Valour could use a touch of buffing, considering that it is worth 3 SP and isn't exactly x2 damage... Plus he hasn't used any of those abilities in a fight yet so we'll have to wait and see.

In other words... SP stuff has just been added so don't worry too much about balancing them, we'll fix them up as we go along.

I'm slowly getting there. Linda should be next, but I don't feel comfortable doing major sheet changes without a computer. Seeing as I'm stuck to mobile until I get a new one ;-;

I was wondering when Linda was going to get some SP abilities. They seem right up her alley, and she does have so much strength... Completely eliminating her spells/magics to shuffle them over to SP is probably going too far but considering her background and strengths she should get a ton of use out of them.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: May 12, 2015, 08:46:53 pm »

SP will probably be used to buff Linda's melee game primarily, but touching up on a couple things such as Double Tap and a few gun-related specials I have in mind. Will be interesting once I'm able to get a computer to use.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: May 12, 2015, 08:59:33 pm »

Double-tap should definitely be a SP ability, yeah. Maybe add in some skill/called shots too? Personally I feel that the rest of her stuff should be turned into SP abilities too because of that whole super soldier angle, but meh. Linda isn't my character.

Also I hadn't realized that Linda was so squishy until now. No wonder she gets along so well with Hakim. :P

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: May 12, 2015, 09:23:14 pm »

If I turned everything else into SP abilities, she'd be significantly nerfed in her effectiveness. Being only able to cast 6 basic boosts in combat, so I'd have to actually restat her and redo her level 5 perk to fit her being SP-reliant. :/

And yeah, she's a sniper. She's supposed to be squishy. :P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:27:21 pm by Projeck37 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: May 12, 2015, 09:36:09 pm »

Eh, with SP regenerating with every basic attack, and maybe a little bit more from perks... I don't think that she'd be that much weaker. And you'd get to divert all of those points in mana and magic into other things too. But again, do whatever you want to do.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: May 12, 2015, 09:42:52 pm »

Oh, so it does regenerate. See, my question was never truly answered whenever I asked people that *shrug*

I might hook up my old Mac (*tears*) and start editing stuff... I just have to find the damn thing.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 685