Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 516975 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

It depends? What kind of weapon were you thinking about? As long as it doesn't give more than +5 damage it should be okay, I think.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

+5's are usually a safe bet for starting characters, although in your case I'd probably pick up some armor instead, since her weapons are better than straight up equipment.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Applied levels and added armor. Release the balance hounds! Again!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

That formatting is great, by the way. I really appreciate it.

The only thing that needs changing is Practice Makes Perfect, since it's actually underpowered right now. Making it reduce the mana costs by one all the time is acceptable as well, so you have no reason why you shouldn't improve it. Other than that... I'd describe her armour a bit (a basic name would be fine) but that's just me. Also you might want to give her a basic weapon to use her magic attacks with, unless there's something about them that I'm missing of course.

EDIT: Just so that everybody knows, I've tweaked Hakim's Support Defend ability a touch and provided an example of how it works. I just remember there being some slight confusion over it much earlier, so I thought that I'd elaborate on it a bit so that it's clearer.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:16:16 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

Welcome to the game Twinwolf :)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

One of us, one of us
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

to be entirely honest, the level 1 perk is maybe a bit too weak. Only the longest, hardest battles usualy last longer than 5 turns. I'd propose procing it once every 3 turns

and yes, as Usec said, the practise makes perfect is also underwhelming, especialy for a level 5 perk.

BUT

I must also say that damage-wise, her ability is, well, not entirely overpowered, but overly efficent. Since the weapons last basicaly the whole combat, she spends 8 mana once to give herself a weapon that deals mag+16 damage, and keeps that. Under normal circumstances, someone with 30 mana would only have the mana to do this 3 times, and a 4th one that only adds +12 damage. Combined with the swift strike perk, wether or not it gets buffed, this means this character basicaly suffers no form of fatigue from going all out in long and hard boss fights.

under these circumstances yeah, swift strike should stay how it is, every 5 rounds
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Is good char design.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there seem to be conflicting opinions about the skills, and I can't figure out if this
Is good char design.
is saying it's fine or it needs tweaking. Could you clarify?

Also I've added in a Normal weapon, if that's ok?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:34:18 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Your level 5 perk can get a buff, but everything else is good. Normal weapon is fine.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

of course having a normal weapon is fine. It would be good however, if you add their numbers to the charsheet, for easier looking up for GMs. Likewise, your heroes critchance, and innate damage block (is+1 for every 5 points in defence or resistance)
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's crit-chance calculated on?
Sigtext!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Each point of skill gives 1% crit chance, if I remember correctly. It might not me, since I make at least 90% of the changes to this game drunk.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So assuming my character is now properly balanced, when do I join in?
Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

most characters are currently away on a mission, I think..only Hakim remains in base, because he is still recovering from injury?
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 685