Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517659 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2014, 07:44:00 am »

GWG, a damage reduction of 10 points is *still* way above the actual damage you take in a single attack. It's more than Kyles physical damage reduction. More importantly, look at what Rag actually described the ability as in the acts. Shooting the thing *heals* it. I will leave the final verdict on Smurf, but when someone advertises his character by claiming to have taken the cheesiest and most gamebreaking ability gurps has to offer, it rings certain alarm bells. The character is far, far removed from how everybody else scales. If proto-Kyle needed some nerfing, this one needs a major overhaul from scratch.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with high natural damage reduction - but just not 10 points. Even 5 points is already bordering brokenly good. As far as the "get stronger when people hit you" gets, it needs more correlation to the chars actual stats. First and foremost, with just 5 in mag, on negliable and small tasks are possible. Secondly with only 5 in mana, she's going to run out of mana rather quickly.

anyway, Nuriel/Angel still need a list of examples for negliable/minr/medium etc acts, for GMs to better judge how much mana Nuriels actions take, what dice to roll etc, also how to price things out of combat
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:48:26 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:22 am »

Hm. Well, let's check that. In GURPS, a hit point is two points, but here, it's 1/3 of a Health point, or ~5 points. So any given shot should only be able to heal up to two points of damage, since each point of damage turns into 1 "PP" to spend on things. Also, if she doesn't spend them immediately, they fade. Also, the DR degrades over time.
...Okay, yeah, I suppose it could be unbalanced, but I'm not convinced that making a character who only dies when people attack her a lot and can still be killed/incapacitated by magic is OP when you consider that she really can't do anything except not die.

Nuriel's ability is basically an attack. Do you want me to list a bunch of different damage values for attacks? Sure, it has some utility potential (lighting fires and such), but that stuff could all fit under Negligible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 07:50:40 am »

well, I guess if all it does is fire damage, I'll just look at Stella.

as for Rag, you heared Smurf. Nerf or bust. Also, she does more than not die, the more she not dies, the stronger she gets. The char is more scalled to be one of those bossfights that take on the whole group, than a PC - which fits the backstory btw.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:52:54 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2014, 07:54:24 am »

Yeah, I heard the GM.
So, she gets stronger and stronger as long as people keep shooting her. What happens when people stop shooting her, and instead start using magic on her? Or, heaven forbid, ignoring her?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2014, 07:56:45 am »

for magic, she still has 19 resistance, highest resistance stat anyone has so far. As for ignoring her, even if she does not get powered up, she is still powerful enough with her attacks.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014, 07:58:38 am »

Aw yes. New RotMG thread. I guess I'll eventually bring my character over from the old thread.

Also, since I'm still listed as a Lore Manager from the OP, I'm going to start to take it more seriously. By which I mean that I'm going to start yelling at people for summaries of their plots and lore, so that I can compile it into two files. A public and a private lore file. Obviously the private file would be for stuff that hasn't been revealed yet. Sounds good?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2014, 08:01:06 am »

wouldn't that mean you are spoiled for everything plot relevant?

The whole point of lore managers etc was Elf delegating it away because he was kinda lazy. I am positive (for now) that Smurf may be a more active GM, it may be sufficent to just send all of the lore to him. He needs to get a better grasp of what is going on anyway. That way, no need for any of the players to be spoiled.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2014, 08:05:47 am »

I'll put it up to Smurf then. I am honestly fine with being spoiled for plots except maybe yours but if Smurf decides that he doesn't need my help that's perfectly fine. I don't mind either way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2014, 08:06:14 am »

for magic, she still has 19 resistance, highest resistance stat anyone has so far. As for ignoring her, even if she does not get powered up, she is still powerful enough with her attacks.
What attacks? The unarmed ones with her...huh, she actually does have decent Strength.
Still. That's not exactly much compared to what most people do.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2014, 08:22:38 am »

man, looking back at all the stuff I wrote over dozens of PMs, and so many more things I have so far only notced down in my notebook, it'll be a huge chunk of work to actually inform Smurf in detail

:'(

Laura

• Bay Watcher
  • Soo sexy. ~desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2014, 08:30:00 am »

MAN you people post a freakin lot. What the heck!?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2014, 08:30:31 am »

You aint see nuthin yet

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2014, 08:31:07 am »

the previous thread had 71k posts :P

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2014, 08:31:26 am »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2014, 08:40:33 am »

Welcome to Magic Girls! Ninja-ing posts since the summer of last year!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 685