Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 521270 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #6285 on: September 24, 2014, 05:37:11 pm »

Have you not viewed any anime, ever? The heroes help everyone in trouble, regardless of allegiance, and especially if they're injured. But that's beside the point.

Akroma, stop starting arguements. Granted, a few are fine, but you go way too far every time you get involved.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: September 24, 2014, 05:38:43 pm »

Smurf, please make a ruling on the current teleport situation.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: September 24, 2014, 05:41:36 pm »

it was an in-character arguement, until kyle had to come and insult me for it.

as for the teleport yes or no question, we are discussing rule mechanics. I am not argueing with Sanure. I am argueing with kyle because he is the kind of Hypocrate that Sen only pretends to be for fun
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: September 24, 2014, 05:58:41 pm »

Making a GM ruling here.
Teleporting others against their will enables a RES roll. The higher the roll, the less distance they are teleported or the longer the teleport takes.
Does that satisfy everyone?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: September 24, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »

well, any numbers on that?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: September 24, 2014, 06:00:41 pm »

That sounds fine to me.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: September 24, 2014, 06:00:52 pm »

Ruling is that the teleport happens, purely because I'm annoyed. Henceforth, all targeted teleportation gets a MAG/RES

Akroma, you insult people often, and that's not on. If I catch you arguing out of line again, the punishment will be severe.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: September 24, 2014, 06:08:19 pm »

Just so you guys know, telekinesis can be one of the most plotbreaking abilities there is, if you use it right. It's a method of dealing direct damage without the enemy getting a SPEED or RES roll and can easily destroy structures or machinery.

Also, I believe I should decide how the teleport plays out considering that it's occurring in my plot.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: September 24, 2014, 06:15:13 pm »

it's not just about damage or insta-kill scenarios. Almost any situation where an enemy provides a physical obstacle (and that is a common occurance), can be resolve with just a snap of a finger. the enemy does not need to be dead, 10m to the left can already be way more than enough and bam, suddenly pushing the button to disarm the doomsday device, or freeing someone from bindings or arriving at the mcguffin first is childsplay.

and even more importantly, it also establishes a bad *in-game* presence. As often with magic, there is often the question *but why aren't they just...*. Being able to do certain things makes other things arbitrary and pointless, and everything becomes difficult to believe. It's hard to weave a suspenseful yet halway credible narrative around someone who can just solve any fight at the snap of a finger

edit: also oh boy, is it late, sleeptime
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:19:25 pm by Akroma »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: September 24, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »

I am going to go sit over here because I was on the phone just now and the OOC just kinda left me behind o.o
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: September 24, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »

One thing I forgot to touch up on is Sen's Catalytic magic:

It is weaker than normal except when she has an active catalyst, in which case it is at full strength.

Sen's teleportation spells are actually stronger than ashley's teleportation, due to being able to safely mass teleport any number of people so long as she has the mana for it. And as for the Not being able to teleport her far, Sen did teleport an Efreet all the way to hell by using a larger form of the teleport spell.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: September 24, 2014, 07:31:12 pm »

Technically, Hell isn't 'far' because it's not in her current plane of existence. What she did was a planar shift.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: September 24, 2014, 07:33:08 pm »

And turns out I left the Succubus that Sen was using as a catalyst as absorbed and not set free.

Official: I am not allowed to not release the succubus once done with them...

@PN: Which requires a lot of mana to do. It's not easy teleporting between planes at will unless you have an obvious connection with said plane. Other wise it would take a lot of mana to teleport something non-native to said plane.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: September 24, 2014, 08:10:52 pm »

Ah, just finished mapping this dungeon...

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:20:44 pm by PrivateNomad »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: September 24, 2014, 08:32:30 pm »

Meh, you all probably won't see me tomorrow. Personal shit.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 685