Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 521268 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #6270 on: September 24, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »

nice godmode there
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: September 24, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »

First off, It's not god-modding.

what it is, however, is an unsettled, important matter that Has not been brought up at all: (to my knowledge)

Is teleportation resistable?

From my perspective it isn't. That is because how do you resist someone teleporting you? Besides the point however.

It doesn't seem fair, and seems like it is god-modding. It isn't since there isn't a rule on it.

So the question is, How do we make it fair while also making teleportation the same as always?

Akroma, suggestions?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: September 24, 2014, 05:02:48 pm »

Teleportation can only be used on willing people, that still allows it to have utility without it being cheap.

And Sanure it was godmodding, the teleporation spell you used has a roll for it. Even if its not very likely that you would fail that test you still have to roll it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:05:51 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: September 24, 2014, 05:07:09 pm »

First of all, there IS a clear rule on it, that is mag and res rolls. You are resisting teleportation magic the same way you resist a fireball or mindcontrole or how you defend against a bullet. And it is very poor etiquette by the way to argue that an instant-win ability like a non-consenting teleport should not be resistable.

The question is frankly ridiculous. Teleporting someone offensively is simply one of the most broken abilities one can imagine. Anything that can not teleport back *instantly* has immediatly lost the fight. So we will use teleportation, as you said, the same as always. As a means of convenience when moving characters around.

I do btw very seriously propose to not let Icarus and Sen escalate this. Sen is telling Icarus, a yandere that is already sitting on thin ice, that she is not deserving of Alice and that she will make sure she never sees a human again, then proceeds to teleport her. I don't mean to escalate things, but either Icarus kills Sen or dies trying.

also kansa: 15 mag vs 11 res is only slightly in favour of succeeding
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: September 24, 2014, 05:07:49 pm »

I actually meant the difficulty roll for the spell. I didn't think of the resistance stuff.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: September 24, 2014, 05:12:37 pm »

If a roll is needed, then we need PN here. Or Smurf. Me rolling it would be unfair since roll fudging. And Akroma rolling it would also be unfair.

Here is the thing Akroma:

The rules you listed were actual combat rules. Sen teleporting Icarus away is not combat. and neither is it agressive.

I agree that things between Icarus and Sen should not escalate higher, but admit it, it is great for character development.

Lastly, Sen does lie. Icarus should be able to tell that Sen doesn't actually mean to keep her away from humans. Sen's small teleportation spell can't even teleport her the required distance to be away from humans forever.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: September 24, 2014, 05:14:33 pm »

Then to be honest you should have actually waited for them to show up before doing it in the first place, also it was against an unwilling target it should follow the same combat rules at that point.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: September 24, 2014, 05:16:06 pm »

Which is why I changed my teleportation post to say that she began teleporting her before I came to the OOC.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: September 24, 2014, 05:17:22 pm »

well, considering the target is the arctic, for distances you should refer to ((the usualy entirely ignored)) sheet for Ashleys teleports. And considering that Sens spells are supposed to be *weaker* than average as a set-off of the versatility, I'd doubt she could even teleport Icarus out of the range of her sight, let alone across the globe. Sen is literaly not strong enough to do that. Heck, Ashley can't even do that.

dont argue semantics about "combat rules", it's a teleport without consent, to assert dominance and superiority over someone who was very seriously considering killing Sen.

and as far as Icarus understanding that Sen is just fooling around goes, what part of Yandere do you not understand. It switches off reason and humor.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:06 pm »

....and there goes my desire to reenter this game.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:35 pm »

I would remind you that this is a game once primarily about shipping on a forum about a game where you control alcoholic midgets. Don't take it too seriously.

On a more serious note, teleporting others will need to be done with a MAG/RES roll during combat.

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: September 24, 2014, 05:21:47 pm »

Elf, we are argueing *about* something, not *with* eachother. There is no agression going on yet (though your post does tick me off), so stop being so super sensitive. Newsflash, people disagree with eachother. Some try to discuss that disagreement, rather than just leaving and occasionaly popping in to complain about the disagreements

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: September 24, 2014, 05:23:24 pm »

For gods sake Akroma. Maybe if your characters weren't so easy to hate and you weren't so much of a stick in the mud then we could actually have some fun.

KJ out

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: September 24, 2014, 05:26:22 pm »

How am I being sensitive? Explain, precisely, considering that most of the pages in this thread is arguing, how my complaint is in anyway unjustified. Or better yet, don't.

Really, being hostile to me when I literally say one thing without aiming it at anyone in particular isn't helping things. Elf out, I guess, my taste for this game has returned to nothing. Feel free to do whatever, I don't care.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: September 24, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »

easy to hate? The moment PN declared where the enemy was *everyone* (besides kyle) immediatly declared an attack. The difference is that Icarus will not do a 180° right afterwards and pretend the outcome was not what she had aimed for. Boohoo, she has no mercy on international terrorist who bombed her hometown less than 10 hours ago, what a psycho. You guys really need to check your hypocracy levels, and I dont mean in-game. Those people are bombing cities around the world to force their views onto others, and are totaly fine with preparing this large scale militaristic coup for years. They knew what was going on, and were fully aware and ready to face an armed reaction. They literaly had it coming. the entire "but we are the good guys, ablubluhbluh" stuff, seconds after joking about how squishing them with darkness boulders, rather than normal boulders, and doing maths about just how much force the giant spike is going to crush them with is almost shizofrenic.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 685