Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520787 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5850 on: September 01, 2014, 02:49:46 pm »

If you had one of those up your but would you be a space ship?
I think you'd just be stuck.

And also constipated.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: September 01, 2014, 02:50:21 pm »

Is that why paladins are always angry?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: September 01, 2014, 02:52:30 pm »

I've always played my paladins as actually kind, careing people. They know that people have flaws, and that it helps them much more to actually help them than to just slap them with a bible. Second chances over beatings!
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: September 01, 2014, 03:12:44 pm »

I've always played my paladins as actually kind, careing people. They know that people have flaws, and that it helps them much more to actually help them than to just slap them with a bible. Second chances over beatings!
Violence as a last resort, and as a means to protect people. Yep.

Which is why I don't particularly like the whole 'smite evil' thing becoming the crux of their nature.

Unfortunately, I foresee lawful stupid paladins in the plot's future if this keeps up...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: September 01, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »

Okay, so I came up with a quick system for debuffing with physical.

First off, it requires you to actually aim the attack. Aiming makes it less likely to hit but allows for debuffs and on a crit dismemberment. Feignts give bonuses to hitting with debuffs.

For every point of damage done with a aimed attack the target only loses half the damage rounded down. Defense only counts for two thirds rounded up. Note that these don't come into play if attacking a creature with non-natural armor's defense which doesn't take damage and has full defense. To compensate it get's 1.5 time the debuff. Debuffs are calculated as one third of the damage rounded up unless the attack was a crit. A crit will cause dismemberment and either remove the affected stat entirely or remove half/a third/the fractional equivalent of their natural apendages. Magic stat's can't be affected by sharp or penatrative weapons for fairness. Blumt weapons can as it concusses, not murders.

So, input on it so far?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: September 01, 2014, 11:09:57 pm »

So, link to newTA or character outline information thing?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: September 01, 2014, 11:13:17 pm »

Click on the FG&RP tab. It's on the first page, I think.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: September 02, 2014, 02:16:18 am »

"Not so much, you see these days some militaries have ICBMs, which can hit a place from a different continent, the answer to those is early detection and fast inticeptors"
((Did she just ignore the news about Kyle's castle?))
Well it's more of a residential unit than an actual fortress seeing as it isn't a military stronghold and probably not too well protected against modern weaponry.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: September 02, 2014, 11:50:23 am »

So what plot are we on/what and where is everyone doing the stuff?

I need to bring Spensir out of his magical morphine-induced coma.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: September 02, 2014, 11:51:43 am »

Nomad's plot. Kyle is with Ashley at the void gate, pretty much everyone else is at the party excluding those going home.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: September 02, 2014, 11:52:34 am »

Right now most people were at Sanguire's party, but that seems to be winding down. So we'll probably be time skipping to next morning soonish. As for plot, what Kj said.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: September 02, 2014, 11:52:58 am »

Pns plot, Icarus and Alice left for their home, Dalia and Isaac are going for a walk, Ashley and Kyle are in France, rest at the party
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: September 02, 2014, 12:00:06 pm »

Also, maybe not going on and on about how Kyle is a creep is the best idea, USEC. Kinda mean when we've already established Kj has a connection to his characters, and the character Dalia was talking to didn't say anything about him not being one.

Also, the tentacles thing really has nothing to do with anything, even if Kj still needs to update his character sheet with that info. Leth's an asshole in a lot of ways, but he wouldn't be more of one if he had a forked tongue(seriously I haven't played him much yet but the dude's a dick)

Oh, and we never talked about True Gods, Elf! I ended upbeing busy that sunday! And school starts for me tomorrow! Damnations and hellfire!

AP US History is gonna be hard.

Hmmm...3 out of my 4 characters are male, and the female has a crippling disability. I must correct this by introducing another female character with sufficient levels of badass. How to go about doing so in an even moderately unique way, though...hmmmm...and a way that doesn't set off my inner fears of accidentally being sexist....

Do we even have any androids, by the way? Gynoids, yes, but there's no one save the hyperfertility Kyle(which is creepy on it's own, by the way, though I'm surprised Kyle himself hasn't gotten pregnant from it, considering most fertility god/desses were mother-figures) for them to make tiny robot babies with. :P

And Kaiser, sorta, but that's disturbing in it's own way and I don't think the nanobots have reached the proper areas for that yet.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:20 pm »

I'm more upset that she only has two examples and one of them isn't that good.
What's creepy about calling someone maid-chan when that's the nickname you've used for years?

Also, Kyle bot will technically be an android. HK-47 as well.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: September 02, 2014, 12:13:26 pm »

Also where exactly is the Void Gate and smurf is Sage all good to go, beyond mechanics?

I have no idea how his mechanics would work, since he isn't really doing any magic, technically, when he calls for help...I suppose one could see his mana costs as outstaying his welcome or something, but that would be better called favor and probably be different for esch element and using multiple in conjunction could affect the cost(they don't all get along, but some, like Wind and Water, are friends) and youncouldn't exactly drain him of it like you can mana and...bleh. Stupid mechanics system not fitting every situation incredibly precisely exactly how I want it to :P

HK-47 doesn't count, since he's HK-47 and would never deign to make tiny robotic babies with any android that considers meatbags worthy of consideration.

Maid-chan can be considered creepy. Using japanese suffixes when you aren't japanese, aren't speaking to someone who is japaneseand and quite traditional about it, and haven't lived in Japan for significant portions of your life, is kinda weird and/or possibly vaguely racist depending on how you look at it(I don't really see it as racist, but it plays into the whole fetishization of Japan that occurs and it's weird and mildly disturbing to me, but my mom also majored in Japanese and went there for an exchange program so I'm not exactly one to talk). The maid bit is weird only in conjunction with it, because of the connotations japanese anime gives maids, though if that's her actual job and she's fine with it, it might not be all that much.

Basically, I can see how it could be creepy, but it's not all that creepy compared to building a replica of someone without their knowledge(without permission is rude, but without knowledge is creepy). He's also actively trying to create a harem, or at least his player is, which isn't quite creepy, per se, but is disturbing on a different level, especially given he's a hyperfertility totem or whatever.

If he impregnates Kaotaro, you're all fucked, by the way. SERT ain't got nothin' on robotic doom-harbinger babies. So, uh...don't do that. Please. That would throw the plot so far off the rails the only way to get back on would be to hit it hard enough mid-flight that it continues around the world and lands back on them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 685