Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 519065 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: My Shame is Eternal
« Reply #3105 on: July 19, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »

I suppose moaning would make it quicker no matter what. Unless they're bad people. In which case you can stab them.

Ninja:
Spoiler: The new char (click to show/hide)

That's a paddlin'.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: July 19, 2014, 02:27:34 pm »

if it wasn't a girl, but a fat greasy man, *kinks* is exactly how you avoid pat downs. when the security touches you, moan. BAM, pat down suddenly not very thorough

Turns out they keep a lipophile on staff for just that reason.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: July 19, 2014, 03:11:36 pm »

it's very annoying that projeck usualy gets up only shortly before I go to bed :(

someone other than me try and take the initiative in this plot, as I certainly can't move things about
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: July 19, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

Falcons, peregrine falcons in particular, are literally the fastest animals on the planet.

Unless you want Bartimaeus to turn into a missile, you're stuck with that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: July 19, 2014, 03:49:16 pm »

yes, fastest when *diving*. Not quite the scouting manouver.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: July 19, 2014, 05:33:09 pm »

I think We should discuss some limits on just quite how far Hilda can boost her damage potential. I mean, the coordinated attack should be devastation, but not d260 devastating

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: July 19, 2014, 05:38:26 pm »

How much mana does this cost? That's craaaazy damage.

Also, why do I think she's going to jump behind Icarus and stab her or something?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: July 19, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »

smurf, do you mind not giving projeck ideas?

we are commiting and combining 5 characters to this attack, if this does not work it's supremely rageworthy.

also yeah, that amount of damage is just stupid. there needs to be a hard limit for what Hilda can do with stat-shifting. for starters, size categories of spells should be limited by her base mag

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: July 19, 2014, 05:41:34 pm »

Decrease the damage multpliers she can use? Like 1 or 0.5 less? It's the magic damage that's the real problem, mainly because of the multipliers.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: July 19, 2014, 05:42:03 pm »

Probably because that's exactly what she'll do because being able to beat a boss as easily as 'oh yeah we just teleport behind her derp' isn't fun or dramatic?

Fookin' teleport shenanigans.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: July 19, 2014, 05:43:34 pm »

And with that, raise the TN of it. Less damage multiplier, harder to fire. She would still get the damage out, but it would take a long time to charge.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: July 19, 2014, 05:44:06 pm »

well, even without the multiplier, when handled like Icarus ability, adding even just a 50% to the roll is +30 damage if you have 60 mag.

I think the actual problem is the extreme stat allocation. I think all stats should have a minimum they can not be lowered below, so you can't just turn 4 skill to 0 and all put them in other stuff

edit: on a side-note, Ashfake does not know what is up. Even if she suspects *something* is up, if she'd teleport into where we are rather than counter-sniping Icarus, she has to suspect that everyone else is in the room with Icarus, meaning she will eat all of our attacks by doing essentialy what we need to do - closing the distance
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:48:49 pm by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: July 19, 2014, 05:47:29 pm »

0 SKILL means she can't aim at all, and is extremely bad at pretty much everything.
0 SPEED means she can't move at all.
0 STR means she wouldn't even have the strength to aim a huge cannon
0 MAG means something else
0 DEF means she is fucked if she gets hit.
0 RES ditto

Mininum stats is a good idea.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: July 19, 2014, 05:59:56 pm »

She should probably be unable to lower them to less than 25% of their base, and unable to raise them above 400% of their base.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: July 19, 2014, 06:01:28 pm »

so we have 6 stats with currently 70 points to allocate between them. I'd say no stat may go below 5, and no stat may be increased by more than 20 points- which also makes a difference depending on what base-form Hilda starts at, making them actually matter
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:06:32 pm by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 685