Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 519055 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: My Shame is Eternal
« Reply #3060 on: July 19, 2014, 07:10:55 am »

I have a feeling that everything he doesn't want gone with also go :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: July 19, 2014, 07:15:10 am »

Heh, only if the everything is negatively charged. Caesite is positively charged; (like 99% of matter in Creation) it is actually very stable, although based god help any Void entity that gets hit with it.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: July 19, 2014, 07:27:43 am »

Ah, so it won't be an Ice-9 esque incident unless the fight takes place on a neutron star or someone manages to magically disable the effects of charge.

How much void-harming radiation would it be emitting?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: July 19, 2014, 07:28:53 am »

inb4 Kaiser continuously using that stuff gives Ashley cancer
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: July 19, 2014, 07:30:19 am »

inb4 Kaiser continuously using that stuff gives Ashley cancer
It would give everyone cancer if the radiation is actually just magically enhanced strange quark decay. Also, the immense tidal forces would make cancer the least of everyone's problems..

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: July 19, 2014, 07:39:30 am »

With Kaiser's stuff? Probably double what the sun projects on Earth, so nothing too terrifying. The pure stuff? Ohhhh boy.

Luckily for everyone (and planet Earth), Caesite is positively charged, so it (and it's radiation) are content to stay repelled by the creation surrounding it. On contact with Void 'matter' though, the stuff gets excited and tears said Void matter into tiny little pieces. Before turning the pieces into more caesite, and the cycle continues until all Void matter is replaced by caesite.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:42:45 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: July 19, 2014, 08:01:11 am »

Right, just so that people don't wake up, read this and have absolutely no idea as to what this incomprehensible rambling is about, I shall summarize:
  • Nucleons (protons and neutrons) are comprised of quarks.
  • Strange matter is matter comprised out of quarks that do not form nucleons. Strange matter that is only stable at high pressures can only really exist inside the cores of neutron stars, caesite falls into this category. Hence, this variety is really fucking dense.
  • According to strange matter theory, strange matter is more stable than nucleons. As this holds true in this setting, strange matter turns regular matter into more of itself, causing an Ice-Nine scenario. However, due to caesite being positively charged like nuclei, it probably can't really assimilate anything other than a neutron star.
  • Due to it's immense density, caesite would have a noticeable gravitational effect in even relatively small amounts. Space will bend around it and time moves slower near it. Furthermore, anything too close to it may result in differences in gravity between locations relative to the caesite, that is, tidal forces, ripping the material apart.
  • So yeah, don't expect to see it anytime soon. It's going to require a lot of magic to keep it stable and even more to prevent it from murdering the summoner and fucking up the Earth. Yes, it would be very damn effective against void entities since they presumably lack electrical charge, but the tidal forces and void-harming radiation would probably kill them before they even touch it.

Further reading here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:14:18 am by Empiricist »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: July 19, 2014, 08:04:27 am »

can't is just be magic? Like magnets?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: July 19, 2014, 08:06:43 am »

b-but !!SCIENCE!!...
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: July 19, 2014, 08:10:24 am »

Can't is just be magic? Like magnets?
No. Magic doesn't offer as much horrible death and destruction. I have yet to see any piece of fantasy provide as much existential terror as the prospect of a false vacuum metastability event.

Also, are there any caesite pulsars out in the universe, created by caesite assimilating the electrically neutral neutron star?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: July 19, 2014, 08:10:50 am »

science sais the stuff kaiser does destroys the world, so meh

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: July 19, 2014, 08:12:20 am »

His stuff is impure as stated. Mere strangelets dispersed throughout regular matter.

Unless combat occurs ontop of a neutron star, it won't destroy much anytime soon.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: July 19, 2014, 08:14:18 am »

Also, are there any caesite pulsars out in the universe, created by caesite assimilating the electrically neutral neutron star?

Possibly, although they would be very, very rare, and not exactly safe to go near.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Quark Stars v3 OOC: My Shame is Eternal
« Reply #3073 on: July 19, 2014, 08:16:39 am »

Possibly, although they would be very, very rare, and not exactly safe to go near.
What happens to normal creation stuff that gets caught in the beams of caesite radiation?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: July 19, 2014, 08:29:01 am »

Nothing, if the caesite is positively charged, other than the object getting irradiated. Negatively charged, it would probably devour said object, or just melt the object instead.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 685