Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 518782 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2520 on: July 13, 2014, 09:12:41 am »

How can Winry heal a void construct?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: July 13, 2014, 09:20:13 am »

as if Stella would allow that

She might, but she would have to get to know him first ...

She likes taking her family flying remember
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: July 13, 2014, 09:21:28 am »

what powers Hilda and who constructed her is one thing, but when it comes down to it, Hilda is a piece of technology, or not?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: July 13, 2014, 09:23:42 am »

I suppose so.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: July 13, 2014, 09:43:16 am »

also, we have an OOC thread, lets not clutter the main thread with arguements.

my point: Hilda dishing out 91 damage to instantly obliterate a bossfight ((he literaly has 99 health)), is more bullshit than a being with 6 bodies.

I explained that from the start, well before the battle. each of the 5 minions are a part of his body, and he can use them to regenerate himself.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: July 13, 2014, 09:45:03 am »

Yes but her's is balanced by lacking any meaningful stats in anything else compared to having 7, now six, extra lives that are free to flee.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: July 13, 2014, 09:49:55 am »

what's that, you mean the boss has more powerful abilities in his repertoir than a standard PC?

oh deary me, truely I am the worst.

anyway, I said it time and time again, nobody is forcing you to play anything. so if you feel the need to ragequit because you can't quite so easily one-shot a boss, go right ahead. Really, it's very valueable advise: when something on the internet makes you mad, just walk away and pretend it does not exist. Else you will just continue to be mad, and being mad all day is neither good for yourself, nor those around you.

((also, 7, now 6? from the start it was 5, now only 2 remaining))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:51:27 am by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: July 13, 2014, 09:54:24 am »

And plus he has pretty low HP when he does regen, so...
And almost no mana.

In Hilda's case, that was a pretty good trade. She won't be able to enter battle again, but she damaged Azzy by a longshot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: July 13, 2014, 09:55:25 am »

You know what? Maybe I will since what I feel is a valid concern about the power of this boss is being treated as if I'm whining about having to nerf a Mary Sue.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: July 13, 2014, 10:02:05 am »

you do realize that the health total does not change?

He respawned with the health that Mhek'Thagor had when he sacrificed him. 30. The other remaining ones all have less than 20 left.

It would be best to look at this battle the very way I described it from the start. All of the enemies are part of a single entity. I will not listen to complaint about him being too powerful when you guys are absolutely winning. Hilda now is in the problematic position that she is in, because eventhough she was at only 3 health points, she did not retreat and instead insisted on drawing attention to herself - however in doing so, she took 2/3rd of the enemies remaining health, and interrupted his ultimate spell, and freed Stella.

And Hilda is not even dead yet, as she happened to be beheaded right next to the most suitable person to save her.

Overpowered my ass. If anything, these guys could have used a buff or too to make up for more and more characters joining in - or in the case of the Nomad, even particularly made to suddenly add some extra power.

I am still pretty annoyed that just as it so happened the group had a powerful enemy from the void, that Kaiser just so happened to pull an so far unknown metal form his ass, declared it pure creation dealing +10 damage to the void, and that he'd be one in 3 dudes in the entire world who could create that stuff.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:05:49 am by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: July 13, 2014, 10:04:34 am »

Everyone better thank Hilda's ass once all this is over.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: July 13, 2014, 10:06:13 am »

if they can find her ass :P

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: July 13, 2014, 10:07:09 am »

91 damage... holy shitters. I need to add some drawbacks to that or something.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: July 13, 2014, 10:10:50 am »

I think after this we will rebalance magic attacks a bit. Though honestly, even a normal *enormous* magic attack only does 3*magic damage. For most characters, that's just *up to* 45-60. When I statted the stuff, I really did not take into account that someone would boost his magic to 45 and then proceed to roll a d135 on damage.

though the obvious drawback is, Hilda has only 14 mana. if we start putting a cost on such tranformations, she can do such an attack once and already she is has only 4 mana remaining. Still, just the ability to raise your mag to 45 and then do what other chars do with an enormous attack with a *normal* attack is gigantic.

Maybe we should stick to the 4 standard forms Hilda has right now, and make the "hilda morphs arm into weapon" thing fall more in line with normal weaponry, giving her +3-+7 damage on her attack, or the attribute she shifts towards, rather than this huge increase
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:12:55 am by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 13, 2014, 10:14:09 am »

She only has 14 mana? Jaysus.

Perhaps. Either way, she's going to be useless for the rest of the battle and a good portion of the plot.
Then again, having absolutely no SPEED or DEF or RES at all is a pretty good drawback for such a thing, hence why it's called a glass cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 685