Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 518651 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #1200 on: June 26, 2014, 09:31:48 am »

At the cost of MP or HP and is specifically stated to be weak at it's lowest level.
You mean him being able to shapeshift magic? I retconned that. In fact, I changed all of my sheets. Check the ones actually in my sig instead of the op.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 26, 2014, 09:33:31 am »

Goddamit Smurf.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 26, 2014, 03:32:31 pm »

Okay, now for the overall changing of Bartimaeus's shapeshifting
?=not sure

-Whatever he shapeshifts into, he also receives the physical characteristics and stats of whatever he is in the form of. If he's a fly, he is very supceptible to the cold.

-Shapeshifting costs 2 mana (?1 mana for simple shapeshifts, say a fly to a flea)

-?Higher MAG = better and bigger shapeshifting?

-HEALTH, MANA, and MAG are constant throughout shapeshifting. If he somehow does shapeshift his health, he still retains the damage he took.

-?Also gets the magic power of what he's in the form of, depending on his MAG?

Any discussion?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 26, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »

How about his total stats have to stay the same between forms? A fly might have really high speed and fairly high skill, but terrible Strength, Defense, and Resistance. Meanwhile a grizzly bear would have high strength and defense, but mediocre speed and resistance(skill would be somewhere in the middle). Etc.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 26, 2014, 03:52:53 pm »

a grizzly bear would have mediocre resistance
heh.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 26, 2014, 04:21:15 pm »

a flea is not simple shape-shifting, as it means compressing yourself to a tiiiiny size and it makes you basicaly invisible and unkillable by anything but AoE. it's really a huge transformation. fleas are small and sturdy enough that they can not even be squished easily
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 26, 2014, 04:24:26 pm »

Still, 2 mana per shapeshift is pretty bad when you only have 14 mana. That gives you 7 shapeshifts. Even worse since he shapeshifts a lot.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 26, 2014, 04:26:28 pm »

what you mean the brilliant infiltrator now has to pay some forethought to his infiltrations instead of just becoming a flea and winning?

:o

thats horrible.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 26, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

:/

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 26, 2014, 04:33:24 pm »

And not to mention that he still uses his other magic.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 26, 2014, 04:36:27 pm »

just because something is not a combat skill doesn't mean it's not unbalanced. with the balances though, you may or may not want to upgrade barti to a normal stat pool. I'd rather have balanced, non-plot breaking abilities on normal statted guys than plotbreakers on understatted guys. smurfs call though

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 26, 2014, 04:41:21 pm »

I'll adjust his sheet a bit then

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 26, 2014, 04:44:01 pm »

Personally I don't think shapeshifting is that unbalanced.

Particularly since I don't know if this game has even seen anything resembling a plot for the last 30 pages.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 26, 2014, 04:47:35 pm »

Kaotaro
-snip-

As for how it would work; I'd rather her have sort of a power-system, since she technology based, where she's continually getting MP, but she has to delegate where it goes and what it's used for. She would have some mana-capacitors, for emergency boosts to power, and there might be stuff she has to charge her MP up for/afterwards back up from, but that's the basics of it. Moves are interlinked with one another, so she has to use, say, Supercharge! a couple times before she can use X other move. Building up different pieces of equipment consumes 'MP' as maintenance of the construct, modes might begin draining her reserve supplies, etc.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 26, 2014, 04:51:01 pm »

I'll leave it to smurf, though generaly I am not thrilled by characters getting their own rules custom made. it's only more work for the GMs, harder to balance in regard to other characters, and generaly just a hassle. the more exceptions are made, the more people will want some too
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 685