Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517098 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge
« Reply #10185 on: July 04, 2015, 06:48:01 am »

Okay, so I may as well just cancel all of my fucking plots since the two people I needed most just decided to turn drama queen and quit.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: July 04, 2015, 06:56:00 am »

I'd hardly call me quitting, being a drama queen. I've been running on fumes for this game ever since Rolep was doing the Fae plot or whatnot.

And if I'm honest, the Sultanes really killed my rooted interest for this game.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: July 04, 2015, 07:02:21 am »

For me it was the combat system as well as the Sultanes. The last nail in the coffin was the constant combat and lack of down time to rest and lack of true shipping besides AshleyXAshley (because it actually went somewhere). I just lost the will to fake interest in this. PN, if you want, just PM me when you need Sen or any of my characters for you plot and I'll jump back on to help with it.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: July 04, 2015, 07:05:48 am »

I indeed agree that it became not just too combat heavy, but also simply too plot heavy. Everyone wanted to pitch in, had their story ready and was eager to tell it, so naturaly people went ahead and started telling theirs as soon as someone else ended. And yeah, the entirety of the sultanes plot was perhaps too ambitious.

suggestions, besides just calling quits?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: July 04, 2015, 07:06:59 am »

I'd hardly call me quitting, being a drama queen. I've been running on fumes for this game ever since Rolep was doing the Fae plot or whatnot.

And if I'm honest, the Sultanes really killed my rooted interest for this game.
Are you really going to do the "muh lore" argument again.

And if I'm honest, what also hurt the game was your constant flow of munchkin NPCs that always butt in on combat and your tight grip on the nonsensical lore written by a person who hasn't legit even played this for a long time, leaving it pretty much useless as Akroma tries to actually write interesting plot which you apparently don't like for whatever fucking reason.
/endrant

suggestions, besides just calling quits?
+1

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: July 04, 2015, 07:10:31 am »

I think I may just have missed the target audience, it's okay. When players are not having fun, it's the GMs fault. I should have limited my plot to Belkelel the machine god and her domain, instead of going all out for the long haul with an entire campaign about the encroaching void.

I am at blame here, and would be happy if I could somehow rekindle peoples interest
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: July 04, 2015, 07:15:32 am »

My only suggestion is to tone down the combat. It'll help bring new players in that want to experience plot without all the tough as shit enemies that only certain characters can kill.

Anyways, I'm out. I have a busy day today.

@Akroma, No, It's not about an entire campaign. It's more about how it was handled. Having a plot is fine Having three is also fine. Having a Campaign is fine. But when it's nothing but Combat after combat after combat, it begins to get repetitive. Amazeroth was handled well. Belkelel was a losing battle and it made some characters nervous and hopeless. Lolgrammoth took away from that by making an unwinnable situation. No character is at a high enough point to combat an almost guaranteed dodge. :/
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: July 04, 2015, 07:23:28 am »

to be honest, Lolgrammoth was designed to be difficult to deal with on purpose. The team has so many means of one-shotting things, for once I wanted a victory to be an achievement, not a foregone conclusion.

the problem with people thinking it is unwinnable is, nobody has been paying attention at all. Alucard has said so many times, it is almost known for a fact that Lolgrammoth is weak to teamwork. Re-read the turn where Berny almost died, there it really showed. People were doing actions to help other people, and they auto succeeded, way beyond their usualy strength.

sadly, that was for defence. In offense, everybody was just throwing their strongest attack at Lolgrammoth and expected that to work, because so far, this has always worked. Despite my characters trying to somehow encourage people to make a plan, it seemed everybody already thought it was unwinnable because just overpowering him by spamming ultimates didnt work.

maybe I didnt make it obvious enough, or just expected too much, but the way to defeat Lolgrammoth was mostly exactly what you guys have complained about the game lacking - roleplay, rather than combat.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: July 04, 2015, 07:27:10 am »

@PN, I didn't even mention the Void lore. The part about the Sultanes that killed my interest was that there was 12 of them, and we've only really touched on our second one. While no, I did not expect it to be ez pz, just something that'll take so god damned long to finish isn't appealing to me. And I heavily appreciate Akroma's attention and drive to try to make the game fun for everyone, and I appreciate her trying to make Void lore sensible. I admire it. It's just not for me? And I have a right not to like lore that someone wrote. Is it well written and make sense? Yes. I personally just don't like it, which it's nothing personal.

As for my NPCs...? I've only had 2 that have even touched in "helping" in combat with the PCs. Marilyn is the only one that has even sent a spell at an enemy. And that was only once. Sydney hasn't done anything combat related besides save Marilyn? So I really don't get where you're coming across with the "constant flow" stuff.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: July 04, 2015, 07:33:02 am »

well, while I am really not a fan of retcons, it's technicaly still salvagable. Belkelels action so far, at no point, need 11 others to be justified.

I will just surrender all void lore back to you, and Belkelel becomes some sort off...I dunno, occult form of AI or something. Or simply a god. My plot gets limited to the current developments around Belkelel and Icarus, and the...sigh...metric load of stuff I have may or may not one day be recycled, here or in different games.

Interested?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: July 04, 2015, 08:08:02 am »

Lack of true shipping besides AshleyXAshley (because it actually went somewhere).

What about the big love triangle between Dalia, Kaiser and Isaac? Or the tenative HakimxLinda? You can't rush shipping, you know. Some kind of build-up has to occur before they bang everything is finalized. And then they bang.

maybe I didnt make it obvious enough, or just expected too much, but the way to defeat Lolgrammoth was mostly exactly what you guys have complained about the game lacking - roleplay, rather than combat.

I think that part of the problem is that there's no obvious way to cooperate offensively in combat. No flanking, no team attacks, and we have pretty much no buffers. So everyone came into the fight expecting that spamming regular attacks was the way to win, or something like that. I don't know.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: July 04, 2015, 04:02:23 pm »

That'd be one massive retcon. Which, I'm not necessarily a fan of either.

But I won't make you surrender anything. While it might not necessarily be my type of Campaign, it is a good story. If it were shorter, I might have thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I don't quite recognize this game as a "Rise of the Magic Girls" game anymore. I would prefer to leave on a note where I still have that idea of what it used to be, rather than what it has become. This is nobody's fault, of course, it just naturally steered this way and it's unfortunate.

As for a suggestion, I have only one: Do what's fun for all the players, and not what's fun only for yourself. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:05:45 pm by Projeck37 »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: July 04, 2015, 04:09:57 pm »

I believe I'll be dropping this as well. I've kind of lost interest in this primarily combat-focused 'RP', even though I enjoy my characters. :-\
Also, I wanted to note the conjunction.
'I will'
I'm not leaving right away. I'm not a douche haha. I understand that my characters are needed in some places.
I'll be staying awhile longer, since giving no warning is kind of a dick thing to do, though I should've made that clear <.<
(Also PN begged.)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: July 04, 2015, 04:18:09 pm »

but now I already spoiled the Icarus plot to Kansa damnit.

also, everyone complaining about not having fun makes me not wanna run this anymore too

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: July 04, 2015, 04:21:13 pm »

If it makes you feel better, I'm still having fun playing. Though I will completely understand if you want to drop this.
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 685