Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Web Fortress  (Read 39811 times)

SamStrife

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Web Fortress
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2014, 01:54:43 pm »

OK so I got this working and it's awesome. My only question is, is there a way to change the settings so I can limit, change control, change the times people have control, or prevent it from ever changing?

Thank you so much.

Unfortunately not at this time. As I said, I'm not very interested working on this right now (because I don't need it myself and don't have a clear vision what to do), so I may add some simple things like commands to change some parameters, but only if I'm bored and have nothing else to do, sorry.

No worries dude. Thanks for putting it out in this state, it works pretty much much perfectly. I have a few minor (and I mean minor) issues that I can't work out but I already used it today to help teach a couple of friends who couldn't get into the game beforehand...I couldn't have done that without this. So thank you.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2014, 09:09:54 pm »

Great stuff! Please add a spectator mode for those who only want to watch. Also, chat room?.
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2014, 05:46:38 pm »

ok so i have a web fort going
but the people playing on it want a different ile set, and they want it running 40.xx
how to i change the tile set without messing it up on the web side, and how would i make the latest version work with it?  can you guys help me out with this please?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2014, 07:45:41 am »

ok so i have a web fort going
but the people playing on it want a different ile set, and they want it running 40.xx
how to i change the tile set without messing it up on the web side, and how would i make the latest version work with it?  can you guys help me out with this please?

I think it should just work.. what happens if you replace Spacefox_16x16.png in web folder with another tileset (renaming it to Spacefox)?

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2014, 12:53:58 am »

I think it should just work.. what happens if you replace Spacefox_16x16.png in web folder with another tileset (renaming it to Spacefox)?
thanks for getting back to me
 what seems to be happening is that
here ill see if i can post a pic
http://imgur.com/XqFhWC2, i tryed replacing the tile set and this happend (the tile set was an 16x16 Ascii)

if i try and make this the tile set
 https://8chan.co/tg/src/1412727894030.png
EVERYTHING GOES PURPLE

also the colour REALLY  intents If i even try and change the set a little
it might be that the varied ground off idk
any if you want to play it
we almost had a collapse
http://68.103.234.45:8080/webfort.html

also the people who play/watch REALLY WANT a chat, and the ability to just observe the game without playing it i know,  that you don't really feel like working on it, but if you could update web fort to work with the new version of DF that be great, maybe add a chat and observer mode if ya can/want to, i'd do it but i'm no wizard

really though the biggest thing is this tile set issue , its making it hard to play over the net
love web fort its been a lot of "Fun",
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:04:11 am by Seeker »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2014, 02:47:11 am »

What's wrong on your first screenshot? I've never played with ascii tileset, so maybe I don't see something.

It can't load images with magenta background, it needs transparent background - just use a tool like "magic wand" in any graphics editor to remove background.

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2014, 04:20:15 am »

ok i think i got it to work, its just the color seem a little off, idk ill see what they think of it
also i have to change the both image files to get it to work, which seems kind of strange but idk

something seems wrong with it but i can't put my finger on it

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2014, 04:33:38 am »

ok i think i got it to work, its just the color seem a little off, idk ill see what they think of it
also i have to change the both image files to get it to work, which seems kind of strange but idk

something seems wrong with it but i can't put my finger on it

The only thing I can think of is that probably you need to update raws and savegames when changing to ascii, but I'm not sure.

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2014, 04:42:54 am »

derpa derpa

hehe
thanks for the help that fixed it looks like, looks much better now i think
still would like it to be update to 40.xx but i don't think you'll be doing that soon
(which is fine)
feel free to play  on the server its not going anywhere
if i have any more problems  ill post em  :D

goodvibesforyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2014, 03:56:44 pm »

Excuse me for being technologically challenged, but it is possible to change the graphics then yes? I'd like to change it to something like Myne or Taffer, how would I do that? I've tried replacing the Spacefox .png with a Myne.png renamed the same but that only causes a garbled screen as a result.

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 01:32:02 am »

what you also have to do it change the texture in the df folder and update the raw file
 i think

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2014, 11:29:06 pm »

ok, so im back working on it
mifki, how would i go about changing the turn time (currently defaulted at 15 mins)
to a longer time (around 30-45 mins)

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2014, 01:46:22 am »

ok, so since you don't really feel like working on it, i went to /g/ over on 4chan, and asked them for help, they just want to make sure your ok with them working on it, and since they don't want to flood you e-mail with notification they want me (since im the one maintaining the server to make a git hub thing and post the S code in it, so they can make adjustment to it

heres the thread if you want to take a look at the discussion
 http://boards.4chan.org/g/thread/44715122#p44715536

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:22 am »

I was going to adjust turn time for you once I get home, probably I'll do that. But of course it's not a proper solution to change one hardcoded value to another one. So people are free to fork my repo on github and do whatever they want with it.

EDIT: Actually, I can give write access to my repo to people who want to work on the project if they prefer to keep sources in one places.

goodvibesforyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2014, 08:47:41 am »

what you also have to do it change the texture in the df folder and update the raw file
 i think

Update the raw file? Could you explain further I've never had to do anything like this. Like if I wanted to change it to Myne? Rename Myne.png to ShizzleClean.png and throw it in the data/art folder and the DF folder? After that though, what do?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6