Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I stop sieges?  (Read 1242 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I stop sieges?
« on: June 05, 2014, 01:44:21 am »

I managed to accrue heat in quadruple digits. The full might of the game's army is on me (all the way to the bombers, who what'd be higher up) and I'm chewing through it without much issue - 20 10+ rifle libs do that for you. The country is steadily on its way to L+, I gotta wait to flush out the Supreme Court though (extended endgame ho).

I've been shooting up the police station like mad, closing it down for a month and half at a time, but as soon as it opens back up (HS or otherwise) I have a window of two days tops to close it again or I'll have a siege waiting on me. Sometimes the siege starts the day it reopens, so my sleepers don't even have time to warn me beforehand.

Should I start taking down the army base too or what? This has already grown past a nuisance and gone into annoyance territory, I might disband just to not have to deal with this stuff.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I stop sieges?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 08:39:05 am »

Usually when I reach that point I let make all my high heat members die in glorious battle. So I'll still have recruiters and hippies and hackers and writers and whatnot. Then just hold W until I win. Without having to risk disbanding and reforming later under less ideal circumstances.

Oh, and spend some time having your elites train people if you're worried that you'll have to resort to violence again later to get things done

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:22:40 am »

I don't know if that bug has already been fixed, but you could surrender all high-heat mass-murderers to the police, get your sentecnce and then rescue them from prison, clearing their criminal record. apart from that, I believe you could just get lucky and be acquitted in court.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 05:53:29 am »

At the very least you could replace 999 murder charges (And everything else) with 1 escaping from prison charge.

I'm pretty sure that's been fixed though, but I'm not sure. Either way it's doesn't really make sense, whether or not you want to avoid using such tricks is up to you though.

And yeah, you could hire the Ace Lawyer (Or a better lawyer if you have one) a bunch of times and use the people he/she manages to acquit bust the rest out of prison. Rinse and repeat until they've all been acquitted! =o (You should probably have the money for this kind of scheme by now)