Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I add in animal man civs?  (Read 414 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
How do I add in animal man civs?
« on: June 04, 2014, 06:35:33 pm »

I know it's something with [indiv_controllable] but nothing beyond that.
also, for the lesser animal men, like axolotl men, not the cave animal civs, what do I do there?
Regards,
Dampe

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I add in animal man civs?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »

Entities and civilizations are found in the file called entity_default.txt. Here's a link to the wiki for entity tokens.

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] allows you to play as outsiders of the civilization in adventure mode. It has to be added into the entity that you wish to adventure as. For the subterranean cave races, it is a bit easier as they already have an entity called [ENTITY:SUBTERRANEAN_ANIMAL_PEOPLES]

To create a new entity, just start a new line in the file entity_default.txt in the raws, and add [ENTITY:ID], where ID can be anything you want, but must not be the same ID as another entity.

If all you want to do is adventure as animal-people outsiders, you just need to create a new entity, add in the creatures you want to play as, and then give them [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE].

Here is a quick example that enables four animal-people adventurers, but does not create a new civilization to populate the world.
Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:ANIMAL_PEOPLES]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:ADDER_MAN]
[CREATURE:BARK_SCORPION_MAN]
[CREATURE:AXOLOTL_MAN]
[CREATURE:TIGERMAN]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:47:39 pm by BlackFlyme »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: How do I add in animal man civs?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 02:56:30 pm »

If you need a list of all land dwelling animal men, check out the mod in my sig. It adds an animal man civ with all animal men a part of it.