Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 193251 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 6 Smirks
« Reply #1095 on: July 22, 2014, 07:25:10 pm »

I don't believe it. Otherwise IO would have gotten another dream with pertinent info.

I'm not going to read anymore posts by Persus and I advise everyone else to do the same.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 23, 2014, 10:49:28 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Toaster: IronyOwl, ToonyMan, zombie urist
zombie urist: Nerjin

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today (about 7 hours from now)

As a head's up, San Diego Comic Con starts tonight so I'll be attending that through Sunday. I'll be home at night, but my ability to be online is going to be heavily restricted. I'll try to keep the game going as best I can.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 23, 2014, 11:31:03 am »

Have any ideas Toaster??

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 23, 2014, 12:13:12 pm »

I fail to see how ZU is any way cleared of complicity in the resurrection of Persus.

Let's assume that Persus has an ability that lets him cheat death in lynch form.  The closest analogue in a Meph game is the scientist's Body Double.  Let's look at that in action:

The tally is done and it is clear that Leafsnail has failed to convince you that he is not a doppelganger. You drag him off to the hold where the last execution was done and Mysteriousbluepuppet picks up the rifle.

Leafsnail simply looks at all of you with a disgusted expression on his face. The blast from the rifle busts his head open, revealing complicated electronics in a fleshy shell.

"Seriously, another Body Double?!" Bursts out Jim. Where the hell do you people find the time to make these things? Let alone the materials?"

Since no one has a serious answer for that, you disperse and head off. It's going to be a busy night.
[/i]

Comparing this to the Persus lynch, there are two major differences:

1)  Leafsnail here did not roleflip.  Persus did.

2)  Leafsnail was alive at night.  Persus was not.

Meph is pretty consistent in his moderation style, even across gametypes; just look at the Fortune Teller and the Telepath for a strong example.  I don't believe that he'd have the same ability on two different roles with such vastly different mechanics.

No, I don't think Persus had a "second life."  I think someone brought him back to life, and there's only one possible person that could be.

Zombie Urist.  It's pretty clear he just wanted to ensure he himself wasn't lynched and survive to the end.

Spoiler: PS to Meph (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 23, 2014, 12:24:46 pm »

Nice try but neither demons nor lone vamps can revive plus IO didn't get any knowledge of any new third parties.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 23, 2014, 12:33:29 pm »

Who has been burning people then?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 23, 2014, 12:44:30 pm »

ZU:
Nice try but neither demons nor lone vamps can revive plus IO didn't get any knowledge of any new third parties.

So what's your theory on what happened?  Also, I note you're assuming IO is telling the truth.

Toony:  Tough question.  If we assume Nerjin is town, that covers everyone but ZU.  It's certainly possible that Nerjin has been scum since the beginning, though.

Nerjin:  Why inspect IO over ZU, anyway?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 23, 2014, 01:03:59 pm »

ZU can't be the killer! It's more possible that Nerjin is the killer even.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 23, 2014, 01:12:41 pm »

The reason I inspected IO over ZU was the fact that there was, to my way of thinking at the time, a 50/50 shot of my finding someone malign to town. Thus I investigated the person whose username I liked more. In retrospect that was a pretty stupid way to do it but, again, I figured "Hey, 50/50. No matter who I find it's the person who is malign."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 23, 2014, 01:18:44 pm »

I believe IO because he was correct about the dark magus. The only other way he could have know is if he was in league with the magus. Also Nerjin inspected him last night and said he was benign. And Nerjin is confirmed seer by Flandreverie. So both IO and Nerjin have to be in league with Persus for this to make sense.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 23, 2014, 01:21:23 pm »

Uh huh... Is that a serious accusation?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:30 pm »

He's saying that he can only suspect IronyOwl if Nerjin was also in on it.

That's a lot of mafia though. You made a bad call choosing IO over ZU.

Unless of course, you really are in league with IronyOwl. But that means that Persus, IronyOwl, and at least Nerjin are all scum. But, there's only six people left, so this is impossible. If there were three scum, the scum would number the town and the game would already be over.

There is only two scum left, and one of them is Persus13.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 23, 2014, 02:12:55 pm »

Seriously, ZU and I can't be the killers or scum by extension. If we were both scum then Persus13 is with us and we then match the town! Game over! IronyOwl can't be scum because that would make too many mafia members as said earlier. Nerjin could be scum if he started as a member with Persus13, but then Toaster was almost certainly converted N1, so that would also make too many scum!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 23, 2014, 02:16:04 pm »

You're also assuming that I said that ZU and Persus are *in league* which I never did.  I'm insinuating that ZU is some new unknown failed res result.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 23, 2014, 02:23:30 pm »

which is impossible because IO didn't get any new information last night.

Nerjin you should vote Toaster so Persus can't tie the vote at the last minute.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 80