Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: BAYT: Guns of Icarus, The Bay Twelve Boys ride again! Now accepting new members!  (Read 1496 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Bay Twelve Boys, clan tag BAYT, are a clan of high-flying, shanty-singing sky sailors dedicated to exploding enemy ships and having a good time.

Find the game and updates here (or on Steam):
http://gunsoficarus.com/

We also have a Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Bay12GunsofIcarus/discussions/0/864975026841108660/

BAYT Roster

Commodore: GlyphGryph
Captain: OzyTheSage
Ensigns: Poroknight, Isdar, Tryrar, BlargityBlarg

We are currently accepting recruits at the Ensign rank. Achieving notable performance in clan activities and expressing interest in becoming an officer will earn you promotions to higher rank.

Why should I become a Boy?
It's a dangerous world out there, and manning a ship is hard. Especially with a bunch of randoms picked up at the nearest bar, especially when you're trusting those bastards to keep you alive in battle. A strong team will see you through, and a weak team will do you in - and that's where we come in. We'll form you bunch of lads and lassies into a cohesive fighting unit, and keep you safe out there on the skies... all the while making sure you enjoy the thrills this life has to offer.

We offer training to those who are new, companions and crew to those who are experienced, and we might even sing some songs now and then for those musically inclined or drunk enough to believe they are.

If you've never experienced a fleet of four ships, all crewed by people you know and like, who you can trust to watch your back and work with you to achieve victory, you've never truly experienced the glory that Guns of Icarus can be.

How do I join?
Simply post here with your in-game name and a request, or submit a request through the actual clan interface to join, and I'll confirm your application and you'll be in.

What now?
Watch this space for updates, future events, things we need done, etc. and so on. I'll try to keep the first post up to date and post anything important in this thread.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for not being on today, I played for a bit but nobody else was on and then I got distracted with other things. I'm off from work tomorrow though so I should be on to accept people into the group and hopefully get some matches in =)

I'll try to be in the group chat throughout the day, I suggest anyone looking to play do the same thing and make sure to click the drop-down arrow and enable message beeps.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile

In game name is Xardalas. I'd be interested in joining up.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Is my enrollment as a boy threatened by my ownership of a vagina?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is my enrollment as a boy threatened by my ownership of a vagina?
Nope, as mentioned we are accepting membership from both lads and lassies.

Actually, it really should be Bay Twelve Girls to stay true to the original lyrics, but the phonetics just aren't working in my favour me there. Something about that B->T->G sound is just off in a way the original C-C-G or the current B->T->B is not. To my ears anyway, feel free to disagree.

I will be happy to hear suggestions about alternative clan names, by the way - this one obviously has a bit of a callback behind it to our founding, but at least until the end of the week our Clan Application is still up in the air, so if you've got an awesome idea for a better name, now would be the time to suggest it!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Asked to enroll, name is LoneMono.

edit: Can you send an invite to Ruskin as well?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:05:19 am by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

played a bit earlier. already asked to join. Though, my sleep schedule is a little messed up right now, not sure if I'll be awake when the others are on
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We officially have enough people to be considered a real clan. Thanks everyone I think our first order of business should  be figuring out exactly where we currently stand, and then plan some basic training runs in live combat situations, and from there I can work on getting us into a clan fight.

So what I want is for those in the clan to give an honest assessment of their skills and shortcomings in all three areas.

I am primarily skilled as an Engineer. I know how to quickly move around all the ships, and I can keep the entire bottom floor of a galleon fully flame proof, repaired, and handle manning the guns on top of it as needed. I know the cooldown times for the various pieces of equipment, and have a good sense of when to repair and when to stay on the guns and try to disable enemy weaponry instead, including keep the top engine running from the bottom floor with well placed rail jumps on the circuit.

I am also a pilot, and I primarily fly the Pyra, Mob, and Spire, with the Spire being my favorite. I tend to favour a very offensive style that relies on skilled gunning amongs every member of my crew, myself included, with repairs being a thing that happens after the enemy is disabled or killed. As such, most of my ships tend to favouur aggressive disabling and crippling strategies - I am not a huge fan of fire, but understand its place, although I mostly rely on things like mercuries, gatlings and carronades.

As far as gunning goes, I am a reliable shot with everything but the lumberjack and the rocket carosel. I know all the different ammo types and which ones are worth using with which guns. I have never played as an actual gunner, but make a good gungineer, and know to prep ammos and buffs and how to switch while reloading to return to the original gun just in time to clip  in the special ammotype.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cant remember my exact in game name...will check when I get home and edit this post.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, REDD seems like they might be up for a fight.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm Bulborbish in game. Glad we're doing this again. Primarily an engineer.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:52:33 am by bulborbish »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Girlinhat in game, and definitely a pilot.  More of a 'captain' I guess, as I usually play with voice enabled and giving commands.  It really helps when the pilot can communicate what side of the ship the gunners should be on.  I usually play hyper-aggressive, including ramming tactics.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tryrar in game, and I'm mainly a gunner, though I can pilot as well. I love piloting Pyrmidions, since I can load up moonshine and ram the hell out of people :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doubleposting to announce that I've scheduled a noontime event for us on Saturday, so we can get some lunchtime shenanigans going!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

I've been playing a fair amount since I got the game, so I'd like ot sign up for this group. My username is Ignitehawk, and I specialize as an engineer. I'm not afraid to hop on any nearby guns on command (or when the enemy's asking for it), though - especially flamethrowers. I do love flamethrowers.

... Which is ironic, considering my username.
Pages: [1] 2