Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82415 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread
« Reply #1125 on: June 28, 2014, 09:21:30 pm »

And that mindset, Zal, is why it seems like your characters are husks.

People roleplay to experience alternate lifetimes and other mindsets. It doesn't Matter if it's fictional. It's still a living, breathing creature to them. Try putting a mindless body with only a vague sense of direction that gets occasionally possessed by a negligent deity into real life. It won't accomplish anything besides causing one or two problems and it will be instantly forgettable. Apply that same idea to a fictional world of fleshed out and living, breathing creatures and toss in a husk. The husk at best will be avoided, as it truly isn't there. At worst it will cause problems and get put out of its misery.

Might as well watch you flippity floppers. While I am at it I will my most lazy "attempt" if you can even call it that to be apart of this beautious community. I feel like a creepy shop owner who follows you all on the adventures is the best way to go. LoL
I dislike it when people don't put effort into characters they make. When you make a character, you are creating life. If you feed it, it will grow. If you just make a husk and never feed it, it is a waste of both your time and the character's potential life.
But it is fictional.
Books. Read them, and you shall understand slightly better why a thing being fiction does not make that false. Don't get me wrong, I suck at this, but characters that grow or change - or show a different side - in stories are typically better than ones that unerringly stay the same the entire time.
Lyeos makes a very good point here.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 28, 2014, 09:28:15 pm »

I am creating a backstory and I am just lazy I know this isn't an excuse to think more about it but its my first reaction to creating something. I am altering it with some more feeling (If my brain even knows the meaning of feeling when it comes to RP characters)
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 28, 2014, 09:30:01 pm »

Think of it as a person instead of as a character.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 28, 2014, 09:31:56 pm »

I am jeeeeeeeeeez. I don't have that thick of a skull.
Spoiler: Check it out (click to show/hide)
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 28, 2014, 09:34:58 pm »

Yay! :>
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 28, 2014, 09:37:48 pm »

I should possibly change some of that shit for grammars sake.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 28, 2014, 09:42:45 pm »

Several odd logic jumps here:

How did he get into the knight academy? Historically speaking, knights are noblemen or attendants to noblemen, it wouldn't make much sense to allow a random orphan into a training facility for lowtier nobles. Would make more sense to be in the general city guard or army. Also accidents happened in medieval times, the training of troops often had a 7% or higher mortality rate among recruits due to training accidents or infected wounds. I'm also seeing a large number of timejumps. Why was he so interested in training? Nobody just focuses on something for the sake of focusing on it. It would get boring.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 28, 2014, 09:46:53 pm »

Well their are some people who just enjoy training and work but I can see where your coming from with the noble thing considering that I love history. This is a game though so ? I don't know.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 28, 2014, 09:51:00 pm »

Several odd logic jumps here:

How did he get into the knight academy? Historically speaking, knights are noblemen or attendants to noblemen, it wouldn't make much sense to allow a random orphan into a training facility for lowtier nobles. Would make more sense to be in the general city guard or army. Also accidents happened in medieval times, the training of troops often had a 7% or higher mortality rate among recruits due to training accidents or infected wounds. I'm also seeing a large number of timejumps. Why was he so interested in training? Nobody just focuses on something for the sake of focusing on it. It would get boring.
I hate you and your emphasis on details ;-; blegh sooooo much effort. But alright more details will be added. All for the sake of abnormality.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:52:43 pm by ZalkozDestbro »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 28, 2014, 09:58:52 pm »

Just a note, is it not entirely possible that he was the son of a nobleman, and the academy knew this?
Perhaps a dead one, or one that told them to never reveal it to him?
Take a closer look at this text!

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 28, 2014, 10:00:22 pm »

Just a note, is it not entirely possible that he was the son of a nobleman, and the academy knew this?
Perhaps a dead one, or one that told them to never reveal it to him?
Pshhh, I worked this shit out in the alteration which I will post now.
Spoiler: Sangrils Shit (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 28, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »

Yay! Your soul piercing gaze shall have no effect on me for I hath no soul! Yes I am making a evil face at the screen. :>

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 28, 2014, 10:14:00 pm »

Yay! Your soul piercing gaze shall have no effect on me for I hath no soul! Yes I am making a evil face at the screen. :>
I am hakumen. The light and sword of justice. Hell hath no mercy for the likes of you. Also kev I would appreciate some feedback at your earliest convenience. I know it isn't your job and that you don't have to but I believe it is for the best to improve my creation of RP character/people.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 28, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »

Helluva lot better than what you began with.

Also, my character eats souls and has a gun.
Whatchu gonna do about it?  :D
Take a closer look at this text!

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 28, 2014, 10:17:40 pm »

Helluva lot better than what you began with.

Also, my character eats souls and has a gun.
Whatchu gonna do about it?  :D
Stab you in the control matrix or whatever is closest to your nervous system
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108