Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82420 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread
« Reply #1110 on: June 28, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

Hey! My characters have both no depth and godawful backstories! To the point where I wanna remove anything related to backstory other than explaining a bit about the race from my current sheet so I can rewrite it alongside my new game.  >:(

Having a character who is skilled in trading and whatnot, however, would be... An interesting experiment?

Um. Pirates. Yes. Pirates shall distract you, because we could be pirates. Yes.

I am making a character as we speak chill biatch. It also ties into something from the previous RP joizes.
Yay. Potato.
Your character actually seems like it has a good deal of depth based on her actions and behavior so far. The backstory, although not super fleshed out, is still well done. It tends to be a little hard to do super fleshed out backstories for characters older then 50 or 60 years old since the sheer amount of stuff they have experienced increases with age.

Seeing how I never bothered to flesh out several hundred years for Ril, your character technically has a better backstory then mine since you have the timegap sorta fleshed out.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 28, 2014, 08:38:40 pm »

And I am just here.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 28, 2014, 08:40:29 pm »

Yes. Yes you are.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 28, 2014, 08:41:18 pm »

PIIIIIIRRRRRRRAAAAAATTTTTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!
Kev we have the music that will play in the Roll to Space Pirate ship. Do it kev... please....morgan will be happy. Also here check it out, Kev provide input if you would so kindly. I honestly couldn't find an actual guideline for making it so I improvised off of the other peoples character sheets. Tell me if something is missing.
Spoiler: My Character Bros (click to show/hide)
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 28, 2014, 08:41:23 pm »

And I am just here.
He who should get involved!

Quote from: Kevak
Things.
I'm already tentatively rewriting it, and adding in things that may or may not be revealed in game depending on what happens.
Sadly, most of what I have done so far revolves around how horriblyawful she screwed up before she was destroyed last time, and how her horn got destroyed, which is basiiiically the equivalent of making her sterile.

Also rewriting some stuff for Lily, although her stuff was super short and vague, so it's easier to work around it.
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 28, 2014, 08:43:14 pm »

And I am just here.

Yep. I'm not picky about these sort of things. I mean I really like it when people put effort into their characters but it's just that their characters so yeah.

Spoiler: Things (click to show/hide)
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 28, 2014, 08:52:19 pm »

Zal, your character seems like a Amnesiac Sue. To put it bluntly that doesn't even seem like a character that could feasibly be interesting, even I couldn't make that character interesting. The personality is too broad for it to have any real sense of direction. And what did he do? He woke up with no memory and thought "I'm gonna go be a sellsword!" And then the hard to look at thing throws on another layer of Sueness.

I suggest a total rework.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 28, 2014, 08:54:56 pm »

He is just a lazy bitch I like my lazy bitches instead of bothering to find out what was goin on he was dragged along with a group of mercenaries. But yes it is very uninteresting and I am perfectly ok with that <3.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:56:31 pm by ZalkozDestbro »
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 28, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »

What's wrong with Amnesia - other than not making sense in this context...?
Daaaammit. One of the things in what I was planning was that none of them knew about who they were before the start, and their backstory would be revealed to them more and more as they interacted with the world... Although there is a reason...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 28, 2014, 08:57:58 pm »

Pirates! I think Zal is going to do more backstory through out the game.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 28, 2014, 09:03:52 pm »

Amnesia works If it is done right. That Lunarik sitting on that necromancer is a good example of a functional amnesiac character. Amnesia can work, but only if done right. Judging by past characters of Zal, there won't be any real depth in the first place, it won't add anything to the story or the roleplaying since it feels like he rarely puts effort into them.

And Zal, a group of mercenaries would not drag a lazy person along with them. In terms of pure logistics, it wouldn't make sense.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 28, 2014, 09:05:15 pm »

<3 u buddeh.....

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 28, 2014, 09:09:58 pm »

I dislike it when people don't put effort into characters they make. When you make a character, you are creating life. If you feed it, it will grow. If you just make a husk and never feed it, it is a waste of both your time and the character's potential life.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 28, 2014, 09:12:21 pm »

I dislike it when people don't put effort into characters they make. When you make a character, you are creating life. If you feed it, it will grow. If you just make a husk and never feed it, it is a waste of both your time and the character's potential life.
But it is fictional, Also I will be altering it no worries. THERE WILL BE BACKSTORY
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:15:38 pm by ZalkozDestbro »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 28, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »

Might as well watch you flippity floppers. While I am at it I will my most lazy "attempt" if you can even call it that to be apart of this beautious community. I feel like a creepy shop owner who follows you all on the adventures is the best way to go. LoL
But it is fictional.
Books. Read them, and you shall understand slightly better why a thing being fiction does not make that false. Don't get me wrong, I suck at this, but characters that grow or change - or show a different side - in stories are typically better than ones that unerringly stay the same the entire time.

Edit: Forgot to add in: Or at least reveal a legitimate reason why they're the way they are.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:21:52 pm by Lyeos »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 108