Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82196 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #630 on: June 20, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »

Since you're doing a Kitsune, it would be adequate reason to be above 40 in either intelligence or charisma, one or the other.

Edit: And no, there is not a specified amount of points, you peoples know your characters best, just be reasonable and don't try going with absurd OP points.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:36:17 pm by Kevak »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 20, 2014, 03:36:42 pm »

Thank you senpai! Do I need to wait for part two of the final bits before I put this on the first page so it is easy to find or no?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 20, 2014, 03:38:36 pm »

No, you don't need to wait, this is enough to start the game, I'm clarifying a couple other things and I will post those as part two, part three will be the combat system. This is enough to start the game right now though. If we are going to do combat early on, then we can just abstract it until the system is up.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 20, 2014, 03:39:46 pm »

Oh, so we don't have a specific amount if points?
By the way, does being around a 1000 years old and still looking young count as an adequate easing do having higher than 40 in anything?
Not going to call your character out as a Mary Sue yet but... pretty close.

Would climbing things for, say lizard men who have the climbing stuff thing, just depend on strength?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 20, 2014, 03:42:47 pm »

Let's see...
Strength:10
Stamina:7
Endurance:11
Willpower:14
Intelligence:58
Charisma:13
Dexterity:8
Agility:2
Luck:4
This look right?
Oh, so we don't have a specific amount if points?
By the way, does being around a 1000 years old and still looking young count as an adequate easing do having higher than 40 in anything?
Not going to call your character out as a Mary Sue yet but... pretty close.

Would climbing things for, say lizard men who have the climbing stuff thing, just depend on strength?
I do believe if my mythology is right that that is how kitsune worked. Also, Mary Sues are those character that are great at everything and everybody likes them, right? Cause he's a bit of an asshole.
Edit: Edited stats.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:36:47 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 20, 2014, 03:45:21 pm »

Well, I'm just thinking that Your character feels like a Mary Sue at the moment.

Also, I don't think most races should be able to get more than single digit Luck just so people can't have characters the basically only survive off of luck.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 20, 2014, 03:46:14 pm »

Jerkass Sues are a thing. Though, charisma wise, it doesn't make much sense to have it high if you're a narcissistic asshole. Unless you're manipulative.

Mmm... Everything is around 50 or 60? For intelligence? That's what it said, but perhaps I misunderstood.

Also, I don't think most races should be able to get more than single digit Luck just so people can't have characters the basically only survive off of luck.
Well darn. I was gonna go with an exceptionally low score of four.
Take a closer look at this text!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:46 pm »

If I read it right that only applies to Lunakri.

I'd say everything for an average PC (I.E not some obviously special one) would be about twenty.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 20, 2014, 03:56:11 pm »

I don't have any priorities senpai. Your right I don't plan for their to be much combat in the beginning if their is any at all. I just want everyone to just kinda meet each other and interact before we get to the limb hacking part of the game.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:58:05 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:49 pm »

It said Lunarik's tend to start around there and decline rapidly past ten in certain aspects. Not all creatures being that smart.

Your Kitsune should have a higher charisma, strength should be below 15, willpower should be down to at most 15, probably less. Stamina and endurance should be below 10. Their power is in their illusions, not their physical abilities. Luck should be at most 4, agility should be lower. Everything but either charisma or intelligence should be below 20.

Lizardmen would have bonuses to strength and agility, as well as endurance.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 20, 2014, 04:02:17 pm »

Quote from: Kevak
Intelligence: A combination of knowledge and learning ability. Lunarik have no cap for this but rarely make it past 110 before they suffer a catastrophic death of insanity causing discharge. Above 40 means effectively a photographic memory. Lunarik have a duel stat for their intelligence. Their learning ability starts at around 60 and rapidly begins decreasing after age 10. Everything else starts at around 50 or 60. Gnomes tend to cap at about 70 or 80 for all intelligence forms but have absolutely no magical ability, they also tend to be insane. Intelligence directly relates to magical ability relating to memory, such as runes or sigla.
That's where I got that.  :-\ What would be an average human's score? I want to put it a bit lower than that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 20, 2014, 04:04:22 pm »

An average human would be about 13-15 with all stats and cap at 25 if they aren't suffering from any major disabilities, physically or mentally.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 20, 2014, 04:06:47 pm »

The 50-60 is referencing the second part of a Lunarik's intelligence stat, they have two of them.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 20, 2014, 04:07:53 pm »

Mmmppppphhh. Now I'm confused. I'll just toss in some arbitrary numbers.

Strength: 5 ~ No muscles, and she wasn't designed for that.
Stamina: 18 ~ Magic based power source, go!
Endurance: 22 ~ Durable as hell as a race, exceptions noted in the sheet.
Willpower:  9 ~ Sassy bitch is sassy, but not that sassy.
Intelligence:  10 ~ What's a book?
Charisma: 6 ~ Sarcasm and violence do not make one likeable.
Dexterity: 28 ~ Hullo, built to craft.
Agility: 8 ~ What's running?
Luck: -1 ~ This is what happens when you piss off your god in your past life.

The 50-60 is referencing the second part of a Lunarik's intelligence stat, they have two of them.

Mmmm'kaaaay.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 20, 2014, 04:12:59 pm »

Spoiler: Lizard man caps (click to show/hide)

Kyle's stats are in his sheet.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 108