Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82156 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #570 on: June 10, 2014, 04:30:31 pm »

((I'm trying to think of what kind of magic demon magic would be. So far my brain is not being helpful so any suggestions?)) ((I'm fine with Zal joining if he wants to.))

Kevak already said it would be DEMM. Unless you meant something else?

As for Zal joining, I'm not even sure if he's aware of this thread or even able to, as I don't know the situation that caused him to drop the last one. If it's still causing problems, I doubt he'd be able to.
I see this thread getting very confusing when people have to catch up.
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2014, 04:39:43 pm »

Zal knows that i'm continuing the game. I asked before i said that i would continue it. That's the mana that demon magic uses. never mind i'll worry about it when we get stats.

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2014, 06:07:17 pm »

That's the mana that demon magic uses. never mind i'll worry about it when we get stats.

You weren't exactly clear with what you meant. Still aren't being clear about it.

I would like to request that you stick to semi-proper capitalization, punctuation, and homophones when you do actual GM posts, as it's easier to read. You may like your manner of typing more, but, honestly, it's going to get quite irritating when you're running actual GM-y stuff. Also, commas, man. Commas. You may not like them, but they exist for a reason.

Quote from: Kevak
Roll 1d20+BDR vs 1d12 per each shot for durability.
If first roll is higher than second roll, no damage to the gun?
If it's lower than the second roll, is that the damage dealt to the gun, or just "durability decreases"?

On accuracy, specifically what are we rolling to determine whether it hits or not, and does skill improve the odds of hitting? If so, by how much per skill level? If not... This is a really shitty weapon. What are the distances of the squares on the grid? If they're literally just a few feet from me... I don't see accuracy being that much of a problem. And then we have point blank range... Am I incorrect in assuming that we would be rolling a 1d100 and saying it hits if it's from 1 to 23?

Also, rough guess of the soulsucking spell is on the last page, assuming you use the standard fifteen-per-page settings.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:19:06 pm by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2014, 06:17:03 pm »

Don't worry about the magic thing i'll worry about it later. No I will not use commas you miss understood what I was saying when I said that I hate commas. I loathe them their is nothing and I mean nothing that will ever make me use them. That's how much I hate them the only time I can stand them is when I use them in listing things.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:19:01 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2014, 08:09:01 pm »

Don't worry about the magic thing i'll worry about it later. No I will not use commas you miss understood what I was saying when I said that I hate commas. I loathe them their is nothing and I mean nothing that will ever make me use them. That's how much I hate them the only time I can stand them is when I use them in listing things.
Bad Prophet. Bad. No. You will use commas. I know I have a tendency to overuse them, but still. Bad.

Back on a serious note...

Loot.
How are we gonna handle it?
First come, first serve, whoever grabs it first gets it?
Or are we gonna divvy up the loot after "missions"?
We could bicker about it in character.

The first would be problematic in one or a few people grabbing the best stuff for themselves, as well as providing problems for those both away and close to the action, depending on the situation.

The second... Well, we may need to use said items then and there, so...

I'm dumb. A mixture of the two would be best. I don't feel like not posting though. Ideas? Thoughts?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 10, 2014, 08:29:44 pm »

Average Iron Revolver*: (The first guns were made by hand, all were unique and had unique ammo, this is balanced because of scarcity of ammo, if you want more ammo, go to the gunsmith who made this. I'll let you decide how much ammo you start with.)
Range 15 spaces. Base accuracy is 23% (Handguns are really inaccurate.) Durability 34. 1d4 blunt damage. Base Damage Resistance is 4. (I advise not meleeing too much with this thing.)

Average Heavy Revolver* Rounds. 4d6 piercing damage. (Early Revolvers were rather heavy hitters but short ranged.) past 7 spaces, -3% accuracy for every additional space target is away from firer. Roll 1d20+BDR vs 1d12 per each shot for durability.

Hm. I thought you said they had 1980s tech, so I assumed we wouldn't encounter this problem. Guess you did this because Prophet was against it?

Anyways, I'll start with a decent amount of ammo, then drop it for another weapon. Heading back to the same place every time I run out of ammo would be a pain in the ass for everyone.

Eh. If we ever get a central hub or something to operate out of, which I doubt, and we can actually, you know, hire someone, we could hire a gunsmith and then I could get back into using them.
Basically that's why I did it. Also cause I see guns as possible to get really really really OP if they are mass produced.

Soulsucking would be 90% or so if not struggling as a base. On top of bonus,s from needing tom bringing it up to 100%

What?

It's innate so it will be using INNAM.
Yes, but specifically how does that work? You mentioned something for Prophet as generating mana over time, is it basically the same thing? I guess this is really going to depend on the cap, as she's low/no magic other than this.

Thankfully they do produce venom that induces euphoria, so I doubt those victims will struggle. Might have to go for sleeping victims, since it's one arbitrary 'dose' of venom per five souls consumed.
With a two month prefered period, then raise the soul mana gain to 130ish.

Phooey, putting this here. Dunno about the mana cost, gonna need to have fairly decent mana cap if it requires... Well, life-force to make this spell work.

Here, very... Skeletal.

Temporary name: Soul Nomming
Innate==>Species
90% Base success rate versus non-struggling victim. Boosted to 100% versus non-struggling because she's done this nonsense over nine-hundred times. ?50?% Success versus struggling.
Steals victim's soul, converts it into 50 ?GODM?.
Twenty minute process?

?5? INNAM

As a side note, I fully intended this to be only necessary every two months.
Storing 50, then requiring that to be converted to use this spell, at, say, ten INNAM, or even five,
Puts that at only slightly over one month, close to a month and a half, thus, the relatively low mana cost I presented.
However, if her cap is high enough to store a fairly large pool of mana, due to only being able to use it for these purposes, then I'll go with a higher mana cost.

Should we invite Zal to this? We have seven players already, but he did run the last one.

I would think that your cap would be about 500.

So, in what timeframe can we expect the stat system? And in what timeframe will this start?

Seems a new system is put up every two-three days.

As for when this will start, that entirely depends on how many essential systems have yet to be presented. All attempts to gain this information have been ignored.
Thought I answered this, the essential stat systems should be done in two or three days more total.

Bad Prophet. Bad. No. You will use commas. I know I have a tendency to overuse them, but still. Bad.

Back on a serious note...

Loot.
How are we gonna handle it?
First come, first serve, whoever grabs it first gets it?
Or are we gonna divvy up the loot after "missions"?
We could bicker about it in character.

The first would be problematic in one or a few people grabbing the best stuff for themselves, as well as providing problems for those both away and close to the action, depending on the situation.

The second... Well, we may need to use said items then and there, so...

I'm dumb. A mixture of the two would be best. I don't feel like not posting though. Ideas? Thoughts?
I think IC bickering.

Use the commas, they have feelings toos~

That's the mana that demon magic uses. never mind i'll worry about it when we get stats.

You weren't exactly clear with what you meant. Still aren't being clear about it.

I would like to request that you stick to semi-proper capitalization, punctuation, and homophones when you do actual GM posts, as it's easier to read. You may like your manner of typing more, but, honestly, it's going to get quite irritating when you're running actual GM-y stuff. Also, commas, man. Commas. You may not like them, but they exist for a reason.

Quote from: Kevak
Roll 1d20+BDR vs 1d12 per each shot for durability.
If first roll is higher than second roll, no damage to the gun?
If it's lower than the second roll, is that the damage dealt to the gun, or just "durability decreases"?

On accuracy, specifically what are we rolling to determine whether it hits or not, and does skill improve the odds of hitting? If so, by how much per skill level? If not... This is a really shitty weapon. What are the distances of the squares on the grid? If they're literally just a few feet from me... I don't see accuracy being that much of a problem. And then we have point blank range... Am I incorrect in assuming that we would be rolling a 1d100 and saying it hits if it's from 1 to 23?

Also, rough guess of the soulsucking spell is on the last page, assuming you use the standard fifteen-per-page settings.
Your spells will cost DEMM Prophet. Effects are otherwise fair game, but preferable if you keep it sorta demonic seeming.

If the first roll is higher then the second roll then no damage.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 10, 2014, 08:56:46 pm »

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. My questions about accuracy and skill remains, though, unless that's going to be answered when the next few bits of the system gets up?

Alright, so... Here. Modify as you see fit, comment, question, insult.

Joke name: Dinnertime!
Innate==>Species
90% Base success rate versus non-struggling victim. Boosted to 100% versus non-struggling because she's done this nonsense over nine-hundred times. 50% Success versus struggling.
Steals victim's soul, converts it into 130 GODM.
Twenty minute process.

30 (Or more, maybe?*) INNAM

Or, if we bump up the required mana per day to live to two in order to maintain that two-month period (personally, I prefer the above one, as it sorta eliminates the need to mess people up**):

Joke name: Dinnertime!
90% Base success rate versus non-struggling victim. Boosted to 100% versus non-struggling because she's done this nonsense over nine-hundred times. 50% Success versus struggling.
Steals victim's soul, converts it into 130 GODM.
Twenty minute process.

10 INNAM

Mana conversion.
?Innate==>Species?
Converts GODM into INNAM, at a 1:1 ratio.
Used as preparation for [Jokename=Dinnertime!]

Equivalent GODM to desired INNAM.

*Though if used twice and failed both times, she's just gone through almost half of the mana gained from a soul. Particularly bad if she's running low on mana.

**If the mana cap is five-hundred, and it's one mana per day, then that means if topped up it'll be slightly less than 500 days without needing to soulsteal, assuming that cap is reached. Hm. That's... Actually fine. Makes her less of a monstrosity and won't screw us over in game as much with her constantly needing to do that to people. It likely wouldn't be appreciated in any place we go to. Might have her get grumpy if she goes without them for too long or something, though.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 10, 2014, 09:11:59 pm »

Maybe sorta an addiction? Or maybe pasta certain threshold some problems occur because of the body struggling to keep itself animate with the available mana saturation?

And the skill and accuracy will be explained with the next bit.

But all rolls can be improved through one way or another, accuracy can be improved by doing something a lot or training occasionally.

Damage resistance can be altered by fortifying the weapon's structure/enchanting it/repairing it.

30 for the cost of Dinnertime! is enough I think.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 10, 2014, 09:17:17 pm »

My brain is still melting from all these things that one would have to take into consideration in combat.(Otherwise known as i'm stupid.) No commas noooooo!  :P

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2014, 09:21:40 pm »

I will have a google doc that you can put in weapons and armor and it will calculate the outcomes for you. Then you just roll a dice to see which outcome it is.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2014, 09:23:25 pm »

Oh cool.  :o Thank you senpai! *Bows before senpai!*

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2014, 09:24:28 pm »

My brain is still melting from all these things that one would have to take into consideration in combat.(Otherwise known as i'm stupid.) No commas noooooo!  :P

It'll probably make more sense when the next few bits get put up.
If you're confused, do what I'm doing and ask.
Yes, you must use commas. Or else.

Okay! We now have to make up withdrawal symptoms for soulsucking! Auditory and visual hallucinations are definitely a must! Hmm... Tremors, reducing Dex... I wasn't going to have her sleep, but, you know what? I will, simply to add nightmares to the withdrawal problems.

Anybody wanna add to it? Come on, let's pile on the problems!

I will have a google doc that you can put in weapons and armor and it will calculate the outcomes for you. Then you just roll a dice to see which outcome it is.

Hm. Are the rest of us going to have access to this, if we do subplots/do things when both you and Prophet are absent?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2014, 09:26:18 pm »

Blindness! It's funny because I wear glasses in real life.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »

It'll be accessible by all, whenever we find/make a new weapon/item/spell, I'll put in the stuff for it so you can use that easier.

And she should be forced to sleep if she is too low.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 10, 2014, 09:28:07 pm »

Blindness!

No. That's absurd. Especially since she'd need to bite the target.
Unless it's just random bouts of it.

And she should be forced to sleep if she is too low.

What? Too low on what?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 108