Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82099 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2014, 10:22:48 am »

Spoiler: Hey Lyeos... (click to show/hide)

Also, probably he does deserve it.

Hey! That's how I feel every time someone tells me I'm not evil!

Really, though... I can't see anyone liking him if they get to know him. I mean, at all. But at least I get to bully him because Ammilek is a "scary ass something". Hooray, butt monkey!

Oh, and I don't think KJ's character has the same or similar goals as yours, juuuuust saying. We won't know until he tells us, though.
Take a closer look at this text!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2014, 10:28:33 am »

Eh. If not then I guess not.

And I'm honestly expecting my character to eventually have to grow up or die. Preferably the latter.

And you're not evil. You have been extremely helpful to Prophet in promoting this game, you defended Kevak not updating his game and you are one of the only people not trying to royally screw up my game. I'm only here because I was invited (by you if I remember correctly ) and I'm going with this character because I honestly and truly cannot come up with a single good idea for this game. So I'm just going to be the stupid joke character until everyone gets sick of him and he gets squished by a rock or something.

( For the record, he's based on every stereotype that annoys the shit out of me, but played for laughs. )

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2014, 10:34:59 am »

Aw, come on! He might be likable if he grows up! Character development! It's a must!... And then he'll look back at his old self and cringe.

1.) Selfish, wanted to get it started.
2.) Selfish, wanted Kevak to work on the system for this. Plus emotional stuff he's dealing with.
3.) Selfish, there's no fun in that.

To be fair, I've never had a good idea for a character in any game either.

Hey, did you quote that thing about Tetris and Kevak? You said you were going to. I'll be disappointed if you didn't.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2014, 10:40:02 am »

Aw, come on! He might be likable if he grows up! Character development! It's a must!... And then he'll look back at his old self and cringe.

1.) Selfish, wanted to get it started.
2.) Selfish, wanted Kevak to work on the system for this. Plus emotional stuff he's dealing with.
3.) Selfish, there's no fun in that.

To be fair, I've never had a good idea for a character in any game either.

Hey, did you quote that thing about Tetris and Kevak? You said you were going to. I'll be disappointed if you didn't.
A) TAKE A DAMN COMPLIMENT. IF YOU WERE A REAL VILLAIN YOU WOULD HAVE A BIGGER EGO.
B) Most people would disagree with your 1-2-3 statements saying that shielding someone who's going through emotional issues is UNselfish, as well as positing that there's much fun to be had in ruining a thread. Especially FOR THE EVULZ. And as for number 1, there's nothing selfish about wanting to encourage a friend so that he doesn't run out of steam and abandon his project midway through.
C) I don't remember what quote thing you're talking about... >.<

Sorry tho mate, you're no kicker of puppies. And even if you were, those little crap-factories usually deserve it.

EDIT: I'm in no mood for character development. I want things to die in a brutal fashion for my amusement. Especially this d-bag I made up. It's a total shame and a bad example of my creative talents. Ergo, it must be brutally eradicated.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:43:26 am by CaptainMcClellan »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2014, 11:21:13 am »

EDIT: I'm in no mood for character development. I want things to die in a brutal fashion for my amusement. Especially this d-bag I made up. It's a total shame and a bad example of my creative talents. Ergo, it must be brutally eradicated.

You have plenty of time to change it. I mean, I almost completely redid my character. The first post from me had my original character sheet, which I almost completely redid, kept the bits that I liked, and posted it again later. Just work with it a bit, think of how it would be better, keep the bits you like. Take inspiration from another source. Cowardly characters aren't a bad thing, maybe you went a bit overboard with it, but... Still.

Besides, my character is still god-awful. I've seen your rants. I saw Mitzi and Whatsherface's pages.You can do better, and you shall do better. I believe in you. Hell, take inspiration from Giegue since you like him so much. Just work with it, make your character comical, since that's what you're going with, but make him... Not so... Well... You know.

Also, I am a gentleman villain! Gah! Affably evil is a thing, you know!

I think you make a awesome villain and friend. I would put you at Lawful Evil.
Ffff-no!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:43:22 am by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2014, 11:41:26 am »

I think you make a awesome villain and friend. I would put you at Lawful Evil.((Because your evil but your also loyal.)) What is my alignment?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2014, 11:51:02 am »

I think you make a awesome villain and friend. I would put you at Lawful Evil.((Because your evil but your also loyal.)) What is my alignment?

... Lawful Stupid Neutral, mistakenly worships the wrong things, has kinda good intentions.

Also, no. No lawful. No.

Aaaaanybody got anything to say?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2014, 11:56:49 am »

Hmm... ? Waiting for me are we? Nah I got nothing. I don't play all this "alignments" crap.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2014, 12:01:01 pm »

Hmm... ? Waiting for me are we? Nah I got nothing. I don't play all this "alignments" crap.
No, I meant about anything. Do we have anything to discuss? No? Okay.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2014, 12:06:56 pm »

There's boatloads of things we could and should discuss, but chances are very likely we won't. So... that's that.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 09, 2014, 12:08:20 pm »

There's boatloads of things we could and should discuss, but chances are very likely we won't. So... that's that.

We won't if nobody presents them, so go for it! Or I'll wreck your game!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 09, 2014, 12:17:25 pm »

Plot: What the hell are we actually supposed to be doing?

Character dev: Or, How to Make a Better Character in Three Days

Inventory: What can we use? How will inventory be handled?

Sub-systems: In case Kevak's system isn't complicated enough for some reason.

Enemies: Are we fighting anything at all?

Organization: Who's gonna keep track of this? And how? Are we going to use a Wiki? Are people actually going to contribute to that Wiki? ( Unlike my game, for example. )

Possible Dungeons: Very rich topic of debate.

Does my character actually get laid once he stops being such a jackass? Does the friend he drove away come back as a villain?

Characters: Beyond just sheets, WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE!?

Hell: Are we going to have it in this game? What will it be like?

Rules: Are there any? Or is it a massive free-for-all with a stats system?

Speculation about Kevak's system: He mentioned something about trainers and masters or something. How soon are we going to see them? How long's that gonna take? Etc.

Money: Is there going to be a universal currency?

Fan-art/Concept Art: Are any of you that dedicated? Will it be necessary to map out these places? Is Prophet going to do so?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 09, 2014, 12:24:52 pm »

If we need a general map someone can do it in google docs.

No subsystems.

I think a general inventory where things weigh an arbitrary unit of measure would be best. Like, a necklace wouldn't weigh anything but a war hammer is like five units.

Dungeons, probably to supply the incoming war effort? Maybe a Mount & Blade style thing where we can train peasants to fight better and recruit people to do small raids? Maybe favors for the powerful as well?

I feel he should get laid early on and then he can spend time thinking about what he's done with his life and then turn it around for the better.

I figure a basic fighting system of (relevant stat)+roll vs. dodge roll, then if the opponent fails the dodge (relevant stat)+roll.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 09, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »

Plot: What the hell are we actually supposed to be doing?

That was a big problem last time, Prophet has said that he has been planning something, though.
I recall mentioning something a while back but nobody ever really said anything about it.

Character dev: Or, How to Make a Better Character in Three Days

Is this for you? Ask Kevak! Use the skills you used to make Mitzi and Whatsherface.

Inventory: What can we use? How will inventory be handled?

I say we should have the traditional [Item] Get! type system and post a short thing on the end of our posts with our character's inventory/stats/health

Sub-systems: In case Kevak's system isn't complicated enough for some reason.

We'll need to wait until Kevak gets done.

Enemies: Are we fighting anything at all?

Yes, though it's generally nothing set. Will likely be dungeon/plot related.

Organization: Who's gonna keep track of this? And how? Are we going to use a Wiki? Are people actually going to contribute to that Wiki? ( Unlike my game, for example. )

Wiki would be okay? And probably not, since people seem to hate contributing to Wikis.

Possible Dungeons: Very rich topic of debate.

Already had some ideas, see: Phantom Train. Please present some?

Does my character actually get laid once he stops being such a jackass? Does the friend he drove away come back as a villain?

Up to you, obviously. It's your character. If you want the friend to be a villain/character not controlled by you, PM info to Prophet.

Characters: Beyond just sheets, WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE!?

You find that out in the game. If you mean "are we special?", yeah, probably. Could be handled in a way that draws all of us to one location.

Hell: Are we going to have it in this game? What will it be like?

Likely different afterlifes.

Rules: Are there any? Or is it a massive free-for-all with a stats system?

Don't be a moron. Be reasonable.

Speculation about Kevak's system: He mentioned something about trainers and masters or something. How soon are we going to see them? How long's that gonna take? Etc.

Depends on Kevak and Prophet. I don't recall him mentioning that.

Money: Is there going to be a universal currency?

Hopefully so!

Fan-art/Concept Art: Are any of you that dedicated? Will it be necessary to map out these places? Is Prophet going to do so?

I have no artistic abilities, fan art would be cool. As for maps, I dunno. It could very, very basic with just a web of cubes and room names.

Other people's turns now?

I like KJ's suggestion of units of weight.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:30:41 pm by Lyeos »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 09, 2014, 12:29:42 pm »

If we need a general map someone can do it in google docs.

No subsystems.

I think a general inventory where things weigh an arbitrary unit of measure would be best. Like, a necklace wouldn't weigh anything but a war hammer is like five units.

Dungeons, probably to supply the incoming war effort? Maybe a Mount & Blade style thing where we can train peasants to fight better and recruit people to do small raids? Maybe favors for the powerful as well?

I feel he should get laid early on and then he can spend time thinking about what he's done with his life and then turn it around for the better.

I figure a basic fighting system of (relevant stat)+roll vs. dodge roll, then if the opponent fails the dodge (relevant stat)+roll.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 108