Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82182 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2014, 09:26:42 pm »

Okay... I think I get it. So, would the soulsucking thing be innate or something...? Or a physical focus because it's specifically through her teeth?

Other than that, it makes sense...
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2014, 09:34:46 pm »

The Soulsucking would be

Innate=>Species.

Physical focus means she is drawing the magic through the physical object as a focus. (which she isn't.)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 07, 2014, 10:09:15 pm »

I'm going to have to change my character a bit. How would demon magic work with my guys you know with the not having a soul and being descended from demons?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2014, 10:17:26 pm »

Then you would be directly manifesting innate demonic magic (as you are partial demon it would be a Innate=>Species) on top of channeling from a greater demon of Channeling=>Demonic. You also would likely be Innate=>Demonmarked.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2014, 10:23:00 pm »

It is item-based, but I don't think you actually have this type of item in there. I guess you could consider it channeling.

Anyway, if you guys start in a library, I can lore dump about the north.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 07, 2014, 10:28:29 pm »

If you read the note near the end of Focus Physical, it says it can be literally any item.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2014, 10:39:20 pm »

So is the demons voice something i need to make appear during turns? Because if it is that would be kinda funny to have a demon trying to get the apathetic Rasheed to do evil things. That is if i do make him Demonmarked which i probably will just because i can.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 07, 2014, 10:39:52 pm »

I don't mean the item itself, I mean...

It's kinda complicated, and I can't really explain without giving away some of my precious plot-lore.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 07, 2014, 10:42:45 pm »

So is the demons voice something i need to make appear during turns? Because if it is that would be kinda funny to have a demon trying to get the apathetic Rasheed to do evil things. That is if i do make him Demonmarked which i probably will just because i can.
Not all demonmarked have voices, some just get a mental push to do something. Voices come into play when the demon thinks it's a good idea.

It's kinda complicated, and I can't really explain without giving away some of my precious plot-lore.
We shall wait then, but I am pretty sure I can categorize it. Most magic uses two or more primary and several secondary ones.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 07, 2014, 10:50:49 pm »

Ok so just make it appear when the demon really wants something. So i'm going to guess that demon magic mostly works by using the demons power as my character is descended from demons i'm going to guess from what you said i would have enough demonic power for demon spells but not up to the ability that channeling a demon would bring me?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 07, 2014, 10:55:38 pm »

The Soulsucking would be

Innate=>Species.
Cool. Can't wait to see the rest of the system.

Anyway, if you guys start in a library, I can lore dump about the north.
Assuming one of us picks up a book about it. Ammilek isn't good at reading whatever the common language is called.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 07, 2014, 11:09:17 pm »

Ok so just make it appear when the demon really wants something. So i'm going to guess that demon magic mostly works by using the demons power as my character is descended from demons i'm going to guess from what you said i would have enough demonic power for demon spells but not up to the ability that channeling a demon would bring me?
If we go into the specifics with how the mana system works: (This won't make much sense till I post the whole thing.)

As a descendant of a demon, you produce a certain amount of demonic mana, or DEMM hourly. Channeling means a demon gives you a certain amount of DEMM upon request. How the channeling system works is: Channeler makes request, request is detected by granter, granter decides if it wants to grant the energy, if no then nothing happens (If the granter likes you then it will normally be a yes.), if yes then the channeler receives an influx of energy. Corporal beings have mana caps for various types, your character would have a low to medium cap for DEMM and a lower one for other types at the start. Channeled mana doesn't count towards the cap provided it is used within the next two turns, if it is not used within the next two turns then it counts towards the cap and has a chance of overcharge, overcharge is the same kind of thing as what happens when a Lunarik discharges, you don't want to be near it and it isn't normally good. If you survive then you will likely be manaburnt or manalocked, often both. Those can result in more overcharges, which again are really really not good.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 07, 2014, 11:14:24 pm »

Ok thanks.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2014, 12:03:18 am »

Umm... If I may make a suggestion... Prophet, would you be willing to spoiler what he's presenting for the systems and put them on the front page? For easy reference?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 08, 2014, 12:29:43 am »

Sure just give me a few minutes. Their i'll put all the systems on the front page for easy reference.((Aka i'm going to be looking back at it all the time.  :P )) I've updated the list.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:47:57 am by Prophet »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 108