Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82266 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2014, 04:01:47 am »

No, why would I be the leader? And who is supposed to be comic relief? KJ? No... No, KJ's just creepily perverted. And fair enough, though... Kevak's... Entire race = traps. And bombs. And ridiculously hard to kill.

In all honesty Kevak's character would likely be the leader due to being way, way older. Unless he tries to avoid everyone except for Prophet's character again. So, basically you're going to have a character that's bad with women, but thinks he's good at it?

Spare yourself having to read through the first thread. I'm... Gonna be really critical here and say... It was... Well... Not... Not good.
Oh. Only Kevak... * rolls eyes * And I was just talking about out of our party of three. I wasn't even aware we were all teaming up into one big team. In fact I was thinking we might/would be enemies.

More like he's in denial. He knows it in his heart, and the evidence is blatant, but he keeps trying anyway. Kind of like Hawkeye (From M*A*S*H ) except with a much lower success rate. ( Hawkeye got about 1/6, this guy has gotten none/none. ) He comes off as too cheesy or sleazy or fails for some other reason. He also may or may not participate in a lot of self-depreciating humour.

Ok.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2014, 04:18:29 am »

Oooooh, I just realized, if they have tech up to the 1980s... I'm gonna get to make a Dirty Harry reference! Yeah!

Yeah, it's... Kinda... Annoying. They have to travel ten miles each day, though, so I guess it's okay. It's still gratingly irritating that killing them = citykiller explosion though.*

And I see. Maybe if he's sweet enough towards Ammilek. Maybe.

Yeah, we'll likely team up for simplicity's sake and plot reasons. Though, last thread those two abandoned the rest of us and did their own thing. Though I guess we could be enemies?

*A well-placed shot could take out that entire "village" of his... Keheheheheh....
Take a closer look at this text!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2014, 04:39:14 am »

Oooooh, I just realized, if they have tech up to the 1980s... I'm gonna get to make a Dirty Harry reference! Yeah!

Yeah, it's... Kinda... Annoying. They have to travel ten miles each day, though, so I guess it's okay. It's still gratingly irritating that killing them = citykiller explosion though.*

And I see. Maybe if he's sweet enough towards Ammilek. Maybe.

Yeah, we'll likely team up for simplicity's sake and plot reasons. Though, last thread those two abandoned the rest of us and did their own thing. Though I guess we could be enemies?

*A well-placed shot could take out that entire "village" of his... Keheheheheh....
I bet.

Hmmm. He's generally a nice guy, but he can be kind of a jerkass when he's trying to impress a lady, which invariably leads to him getting shot down, even though he never learns his lesson.

Lyeos, compounding explosions tend to make things go really bad really quick. Just sayin'. ( Being a living suicide bomb is a surprisingly effective survival technique for the race as a whole. )

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2014, 04:44:34 am »

But... Lots of explosions is what I want! It's how I took out pesky teammates in Command and Conquer!

But yes, that was their main reason for nobody messing with them, though please do recall that even if my character dies, her race brings back their dead every hundred years. No memories, but, still, if Ril got too annoying or "Holier-than-thou", she'd probably be willing to do it, assuming she could convince someone to return her daughter. Though, instant/fast enough death doesn't cause it, I think, so if they all get vaporized or whatever in the initial explosion, it solves itself.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:47:19 am by Lyeos »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2014, 05:59:50 am »

But... Lots of explosions is what I want! It's how I took out pesky teammates in Command and Conquer!

But yes, that was their main reason for nobody messing with them, though please do recall that even if my character dies, her race brings back their dead every hundred years. No memories, but, still, if Ril got too annoying or "Holier-than-thou", she'd probably be willing to do it, assuming she could convince someone to return her daughter. Though, instant/fast enough death doesn't cause it, I think, so if they all get vaporized or whatever in the initial explosion, it solves itself.
As the explosions are magical in nature, they would probably destroy the pendant.

And Ril doesn't get holier than thou, he simply has rules for residents in the village, one of them involves no eating the souls of residents.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2014, 09:59:50 am »

All you wimps and your regenerating characters. You're too scared to play a character who stays dead. :P

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2014, 10:02:11 am »

... My last character's gimmick was that he would be told when he would die, and could do nothing to avoid it. Wimps.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2014, 10:29:43 am »

All you wimps and your regenerating characters. You're too scared to play a character who stays dead. :P

To be fair, there are only like, fifty or so of my character's race, and not all of them are around at any given time. The entire point was that more of them are never created, they're just reborn every hundred years, with their memories if they have the pendant, without if they don't*. Also, read slightly more carefully next time. Though I suppose I could have worded it better.

Though, the amount brought back during that directly relates to the amount alive, which is already pretty low, and half of those turned on them, so the number is pretty low.

And Ril doesn't get holier than thou, he simply has rules for residents in the village, one of them involves no eating the souls of residents.

.... She's not an idiot. Trying to eat the souls of those that you're traveling with is generally a bad idea.

And please, CMC. You guys have both natural healing and probably magical healing. Mine doesn't.

*Though if they decide to use the whole pendant thing, they don't get a new body if it isn't returned. Unfortunately, the caste dedicated to returning them got wiped out, and none of the others can handle that trip until that particular time, so she's holding on to Rewose's until she can find someone to take it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:45:22 am by Lyeos »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2014, 10:43:29 am »

XD I guess so.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2014, 11:19:20 am »

XD I guess so.

Wait, what? Hey! Just remember that Ammilek may decide she doesn't like cleaning your character's clothes and picking up after him/her one day!

And here, have a slightly poor explanation as I try to wake up, some of this stuff the other races would probably either know or have a general idea of, though, you know, racists with the completely wrong idea still apply.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2014, 11:25:49 am »

I'm sorry. I'm too dwarven for that. I love trees, a lot. But whenever someone says "tree", especially toward the beginning of their explanation, I stop paying attention completely. As a result, I read nothing of that. Also, keep in mind, I am running on pure caffeine. I haven't slept since 6 PM or so yesterday. And I'm not going to sleep until 10-ish tonight.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:44 am »

I'm sorry. I'm too dwarven for that. I love trees, a lot. But whenever someone says "tree", especially toward the beginning of their explanation, I stop paying attention completely. As a result, I read nothing of that. Also, keep in mind, I am running on pure caffeine. I haven't slept since 6 PM or so yesterday. And I'm not going to sleep until 10-ish tonight.

It's okay, none of it is anything you need to worry about. Short story shorter, by completing their purpose, her race will permanently die. Some of them dislike this, partial reason for turning on them.

Anyway! I think Kevak said the thing would be done today or tomorrow, so, yay, we get to start soon? Also, I understand. Staying up for days is a thing I do as well, although I have a doctor's appointment today, so maybe that wasn't the best idea.

Also, I suddenly recall the Lifealope.

And Biomatrix 117.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:39:29 pm by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2014, 11:59:17 am »

Well Ammilek is not the only female Rasheed is both male and female. Yay more people that stay up all night.(Only one of my cousins stays up like I do but not as much as I do so i feel lonely during night time but now I have you guys!  :D )
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:20:39 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2014, 01:21:52 pm »

However, there's already a comic relief guy so I might go with being a stoic since I'm assuming Lyeos's character is the leader.

This brings up a point. Who is going to be the leader?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2014, 01:24:31 pm »

That's a good question who is going to be the leadery type person in the group? I'm not.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 108