Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82301 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »

I like piracy.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2014, 08:17:08 pm »

Thank you after hearing that i think I like trains too. Piracy sounds cool we can try it later on in the game if you want to? ((Plus if i like trains I won't end up like all the people around the I like trains kid hopfully.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2014, 08:22:30 pm »

The piracy thing was a joke, but, yeah, we'll probably spend time on ships.

The train thing was less of a joke, I was thinking about the Phantom Train from FFVI, but I know Prophet dislikes tech in this setting so I presented it as a joke.

So, Prophet! What do you think about airships?

Uhh... Can I get a rough guesstimate as to the sorta tone of this setting?
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2014, 08:32:27 pm »

I would like airships but if i do add airships then I need to add more tech. To tell you the truth I'm fine with tech from the 18 hundreds but having them in the game means I have to kinda add guns too. I would be fine with guns if they didn't replace melee. By tone like do you mean like grimdark or lighthearted or are you asking about a different kind of tone? ((Remember I'm a noob. I mean I know that it must be "so" hard to tell but I am one.))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:45:13 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2014, 08:49:53 pm »

Well, remember even to day a knife in the neck is just as efficient as a gun, and you miss less with a knife.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2014, 09:00:30 pm »

Well, remember even to day a knife in the neck is just as efficient as a gun, and you miss less with a knife.
This. We could even go ahead and say that guns would be either quite a bit more expensive than what the average person could afford or just difficult to obtain unless you know the right people. Remember, Ammilek has had almost eighty years to come up with the funds - nevermind, I didn't put one in the starting items.

Although, you do have to remember that since we are going to have stats related to their use, they really aren't going to be as overpowered as you think they're going to be.

And by tone, I mean... Here, have some tropes! Crapsack, Crapsaccharine, Cloud Cuckooland, World of Silence? Or, yes, something like what you said. I mean, none of these are gonna be an exact match, but... I dunno. You know how I am!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2014, 09:10:23 pm »

Correction! World that weeds out the emo kids by making them kill themselves off right away, since they cannot handle the stress of having real problems. Mostly, I just find ruined cities/ruined cities being reclaimed by plant life rather beautiful. Bleh. We know this is going to be rather lighthearted and silly.

Plus, you know, getting those that you don't like killed off. Mhmm.

Although... We're getting here.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:12:26 pm by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2014, 09:19:58 pm »

I like Fantasy Kitchen Sink its the closest to how I was imagining the world to be. So if i had to choose the tone I choose Fantasy Kitchen Sink.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:25:56 pm by Prophet »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2014, 09:21:25 pm »

I like Fantasy Kitchen Sink its the closest to how I was imagining the world to be. So if i had to choose the tone I choose Fantasy Kitchen Sink.

It's not... Really a tone, you know? I was just making a joke since it's all going to be a mish-mash of random nonsense we make up.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2014, 09:25:13 pm »

-Sulks in corner.- OK! What kind of tone suits a kinda dark but not to dark fantasy world then?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:31:34 pm by Prophet »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2014, 09:56:12 pm »

-Sulks in corner.- OK! What kind of tone suits a kinda dark but not to dark fantasy world then?

Dark Fantasy minus the Horror/Everything is evil/bad/trying to screw you over? I mean, you don't... You don't need to use one - again, none are going to be a perfect fit - but I was just asking to get a general idea?

I mean, basically, you just said that it's going to be slightly dark, which provides... Kind of an idea? Without giving too much away. I quite liked the thing in WoT where everyone was trying to screw each other over and the best way to completely confuse them and make them think you were up to something was by being honest and not trying to cheat them.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2014, 09:58:29 pm »

Maybe a tone like A Song of Ice and Fire? You know, things suck but it's possible to unsuck them.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2014, 10:18:34 pm »

What I meant was that there are really dark things in the game but the world is not really really sucky.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2014, 10:22:14 pm »

Maybe a tone like A Song of Ice and Fire? You know, things suck but it's possible to unsuck them.

This is kinda what I meant, your example for the tropes thing was better though. After all, what kind of person would make a game in which the players couldn't "win", no matter which (not literal) route they took?

*Lyeos quickly deletes his plans.

What I meant was that there are really dark things in the game but the world is not really really sucky.
Right! So we're going to be sucked into some sort of early-Silent Hill world by a being residing in a grandfather clock! Nah, that's pretty much as expected, otherwise there wouldn't be much of a plot unless we were on an adventure for the sake of adventure.

Personally, I'm all for ridiculous hijinks. >_>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Second edit spoiler!))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:56:31 pm by Lyeos »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 108