Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82317 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2014, 10:47:36 pm »

Maybe we can do magic powered firearms if you guys want to just not normal ones. ((Do you like my Kurdish character in your new Cheesistan game CMC?))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:49:17 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2014, 10:50:35 pm »

Why not normal ones? It doesn't make much sense to have this huge setting, with all this advanced magic (surely some spells are out there that can help with chemistry.) advance it hundreds of years, and not have any large technological advancements. At the very least, someone would probably figure out how to build a primitive cannon.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2014, 10:54:05 pm »

Ok well we can either have probable useful but really rare magic firearms or we can have the kinda crappy primitive guns that couldn't hit the side of the barn i mean really the first "widely" used guns sucked.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:56:19 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2014, 10:57:41 pm »

There are likely basic firearms with the more innovative magicbased races, such as humans, tech races should have things onpar with 1980's tech by now, first computer would have been constructed by at least three separate races independently of one another, magitek races such as gremlins would have a combination of 1930's tech and magic, putting them on par with pure magic such as elves or primary magic with tech innovation such as humans or pure tech such as gnomes. Dwarves are a primary tech with latent earth magic for example.
600 years = a crapton of progress.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2014, 10:58:12 pm »

Ah, my main problems is that we can already guess that it will end up like this, I guess my main problems with it was that I didn't want to deal with magic this time around, thus, firearms. Sort of an upgrade to normal bleh ranged characters, give 'em a slightly fairer fight. I mean, really, when you're up against a guy that can rain fiery death from the skies, and you've only got a bow... See the problem? I mean, this mana system is going into place to help prevent that, I guess, but... Really, once you starts getting good with th' magics, the rest of us are gonna be fairly useless, you know?

But! I'll deal with magic if necessary, I just don't really know what type to pick, you know?
Take a closer look at this text!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2014, 11:00:56 pm »

Can I use psychology instead of magic?
Psssiiiiooooon?

More or less.

Also, I can't find the comment now for some reason, but to answer Prophet's question, yes that is good. Good job on the character.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

But what about the melee guys they get killed by overpowered ranged and magic guys.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2014, 11:04:49 pm »

Simple: ranged weapons are the norm, that or they are rare outside militaries or certain races.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2014, 11:06:40 pm »

But what about the melee guys they get killed by overpowered ranged and magic guys.

Buff them. With spells. I dunno. Magic equipment.
Or, it can be "forced" gaining magic. I dunno.
I'm overthinking this.
I'll stop.

Though essentially you're saying that both melee and ranged guys need to be slaughtered by overpowered mages...

Anywho! I dunno. "Passive" magic gained on level up?
Active self buffs?

I'll shut up now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:07 pm »

Magic is better then tech until a certain point, then they even out and tech starts getting better, more researchers for tech then magic cause magic is in the blood and tech is for whatever.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2014, 11:24:06 pm »

Ahh, nah, I'll drop it. It's just one more thing we'll have to bother sorting out before this thing gets started, and honestly, I wanna go ahead and get it moving ASAP. No point arguing about it.

So. Uh. Start locations....?
Or do you wanna make them, Prophet?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2014, 11:27:41 pm »

You guys can make your own locations if you want i only got Upper and Lower Roteska planned out so you can't really hurt anything or do you want me to do it? By planned out i mean i know that they border each other so you can make as many places as you want inside the country their is nothing in them but the old village right now. You could also start out in a country that borders Upper Roteska if you want to make one.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:31:12 pm by Prophet »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2014, 11:30:13 pm »

Well I can just adapt a world I already have done to this if you want.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2014, 11:30:33 pm »

You guys can make your own locations if you want i only got Upper and Lower Roteska planned out so you can't really hurt anything or do you want me to do it?

I just figured since we're all going to be forced together at some point, it wouldn't make sense for us to start on an entirely different continent or hundreds of miles from where the story* will get started. I dunno, I just thought you'd think something up. My bad. We can make them. Although I have no idea where whatshisface wants us to start, so I'll let him decide.

And we still need CMC's sheet if he's making one and also what group he's gonna be in.

*Main plot.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:32:09 pm by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2014, 11:57:22 pm »

If you want to senpai. Lyeos what color did you claim again i'm adding all of us to the alive/players list.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 108