Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82307 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 05:55:33 pm »

If it's a few hundred years, would it be safe to assume firearms are going to be a factor? I quite like the idea of having a soul-stealing, inhuman gunslinger as my character. Might even include one as part of her body in one of her future repairs, if that's alright with Prophet. I'm taking this replaceable body part thing as far as I can push it, probably gonna be rather inaccurate, one to two shots only before reloading.

Scratch that, I'm just throwing in a small compartment for ammo.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:59:08 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2014, 06:01:43 pm »

Strong smells... and the only thing they're immune to is hangovers and having their arms and legs cut off below the joints.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:56 pm »

I would like a long time period too. Remember how i was talking about that bit of world build i had got done last night i had said that lower Roteska was hostile towards upper Roteska the kingdom our village is in. Zal never said which border the village was at and lower Roteska is the oligarchy at our southern border do you get what i'm hinting at here. I'm not sure about firearms if the they are in the game then they will be really rare and will stay that way. I like melee fighting and magic more then firearms.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »

Phooey. I was just thinking, the whole gnomes thing Kevak presented, seemed like they had some tech, so I assumed that three to five hundred years of advancement would lead to firearms. Y'know, 'cause revolvers make for a badass. Anywho, crossbow it is, then!

But then, yes, that would present a significant problem for melee users, less so for mages, but still. Alright, I see your point.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:14:24 pm by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2014, 06:17:12 pm »

The Gnomes are small suicidal lunatics i'm surprised that their species is even alive. At least that's how i remember them i could be wrong though.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:32 pm »

Gnomes, dwarves, minotaurs, and other tech aligned races would have basic guns of various types.

Ril would technically have a village of Lunarik and random vagabonds of other races that follows him around. Probably a few Druids and Shamens would be traveling with them as well. Couple hundred people, probably around 83% Lunarik. Nobody would risk an attack on it, too easy for several Lunarik to go up in flames. It's effectively a horde of hyperinsane pseudo werewolves, the occasional bandit or vagabond, and a few nature oriented mages that travels from city to city, possibly running off with things and nobody can do anything about it.

I think it would make more sense for a the players to be scattered around and eventually group up rather then use the exact same beginning again.

The Gnomes aren't suicidal, they are what you get when you put dwarves on the surface, give them steam power, and an insatiable curiosity for technology. Leave a group of Gnomes alone for a few years and there will be a few hundred more of them and a giant steam powered mech that is being used to hang laundry. They just really like building things.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2014, 06:41:41 pm »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »

I think it would make more sense for a the players to be scattered around and eventually group up rather then use the exact same beginning again.

Yes, but, are we going to randomly decide who gets stuck with each other at the beginning or should we work it out now? And then we're going to need a specific reason to get them to go to the same place after the start. 'Cause.... You know... A certain group of two didn't seem keen on staying with the others.

More things to decide! Hooray. So, what have we got left? Which of these can be ticked off?

1.) Stats
a.) System
b.) Leveling or stat increases

2.) Magic
a.) Basic magic system
b.) Schools?

3.) Tech advancement
a.) Degree of advancement
b.) Access to the newer tech

4.) Plot
a.) Starting, who is with whom?
b.) Getting people together.
c.) What then?

5.) Characters
a.) a.)General agreement on those already presented.
b.)GM Approval
c.) c.)Prophet's character and a copy of Kevak's sheet.

As you can guess, green equals done, red equals not done, and yellow equals generally agreed upon but not done yet?

minotaurs
wut?
What about your "britches" earlier, mister? That made no sense.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:52:01 pm by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2014, 06:59:04 pm »

I'll work on my character now. Yes the list looks good if i'm being stupid and forget something then please point it out while i use the bathroom.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2014, 07:00:06 pm »

Minotaurs are a war tech race, lacking skill in most magic, they focus on tech suited for war. They also make rather good soldiers.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2014, 07:16:06 pm »

Agh. I really need to shut my internet mouth, but guess who's posting again? Me!

Alright, so we've basically agreed to have a limited number of spells per day.
Now, is that gonna be a limited number of Nth level spells per day, or limited usage of any spell you know based on the set number of casts for that spell?

And I doubt Prophet is going to wanna keep up with all of this, so, spoilers with our characters stats/current condition/spells and whatnot at the bottom of our posts to simplify things for him?

Not like, full character sheet spoilers, but just some general info.

As for schools... So much planning.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2014, 07:18:18 pm »

Wait we are having a limited number of spells per day? Damn their goes my magic only support character.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2014, 07:19:48 pm »

Wait we are having a limited number of spells per day? Damn their goes my magic only support character.

I mean... I thought that's what was generally supported, but... If you wanna have a mana system instead? You are the GM. Although, that causes it's own problems for high powered spells... Keheheheh...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 07:24:39 pm »

Nah it's fine i was just trying to be sneaky and make it where everybody else has to go fight while i'm in the back watching. Ok i'm now working on a less useless character.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:26:40 pm by Prophet »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 07:52:12 pm »

I thought we were doing a mana system. High level spells would likely require multiple weaker mana gathering spells to power them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 108