Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82278 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 12:17:15 pm »

Any preferences with the system? It'll get fairly complex if I just run free with it.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 12:22:39 pm »

Well I guess the only preference I have is that its not so complex that i can't understand it. Well I said that wrong umm what I meant is that i think I can understand a kinda complex system its just I'm not that good at remembering things so yeah the really complex stuff will make my brain explode. So what do you guys think about it being somewhere around 300-500 years since the first game should I make it a longer amount of time or shorter or do you like this. I going to be gone for a while so yeah feel free to work out systems with each other really how do you guys understands all these things you guys are so smart that it hurts my brain thinking about how smart you guys are. ((Keep complimenting them Prophet and maybe they won't notice that you can't even keep up with their thought processes.)) ((That is a compliment and a joke about my inexperience.   :P )
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:53:23 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 05:14:40 pm »

For anyone curious about the Halskon thing from the last thread, it's an old Klaithian word. It has to do with the north's.... special... system of magic.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 08:16:03 pm »

I have returned! This time I'm going to claim the color yellow.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:06:27 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 03:28:24 am »

I will be claiming Glow Purple for Ril like last time.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:45:23 am by Kevak »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 03:03:14 pm »

I know KJ likes purple, so he can have it this time if he wants. I can take pink I suppose.

I also redid my character, please remove any notes you had on the old one. Any stat system is fine by me, I'm a bit... Distracted right now, so whatever works.

Also, I'm gonna come off as an ass, but... Dang it, Prophet, can you at least use commas and the proper "?","!", and "." for what you're saying? And capital letters? Or at least... Shorter sentences? Dang, I don't mean to be rude, but... It makes my brain hurt.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:41:16 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 03:03:52 pm »

Purple...  :-[ woops, need to change me britches.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 03:23:13 pm »

Yay Lyeos is back! Yes I can make my sentences shorter and add more ".","?", and "!" But commas no I will not spawn more of those little f*ckers. Don't ask why I hate commas because I'm not going to talk about it. I am OK with using them when i list things though.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 03:53:24 pm »

Mmmggghhhphhh'kay! Guess we're letting Kevak come up with a fairly simple system for stats and how they'll be used so that stupid people such as myself won't need a calculator or fifteen different formulas to arrive at the outcome.

So, shall we discuss plot? Is this starting the same way as last time, because honestly... It didn't make any sense! Catapults attacking a small town in the middle of nowhere and nothing coming from it after nine years? Was it related to the plot in any way? Why did they attack there and nowhere else? Why attack there at all?

Oh, uh, I guess we'll be needing ways to increase stats too, so, uh, we'll need that system, but... What? Exp? More points to distribute after each major or minor story arc?

Oh, yeah, Prophet? As the GM, I'd like to know your thoughts on that character. I wanna know if you think it's okay in terms of what it can do, and if I need to tweak anything. I'm a bit worried I made her/that "race" a bit OP.

Purple...  :-[ woops, need to change me britches.
Wait, what?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 04:44:31 pm »

Before I post my character, have we decided how long after GoD 1 this is? It would be nice for my character's backstory if it was within 30 years, but I'm fine with any amount of time.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 04:45:49 pm »

Several hundred years, it's in one of Prophet's walls of... Words...

300-500.

I only tease you because I care, Prophet.

Edit: Apparently we are still discussing it. Hmmm. Thirty years or so would work. Would also work better for my character's... "Mission". Gives me some ideas for a few reasons behind why the others rebelled and why her horn got screwed up.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:24:29 pm by Lyeos »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »

Spoiler: Will Clavian (click to show/hide)

Going with Bold Navy
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 05:15:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:53:22 pm by kj1225 »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 05:44:32 pm »

I would like it to be a few hundred years but if you guys want it shorter then i'm fine with that. Well i see nothing wrong with your guys characters but if your going to use a race you made up like Lyeos's puppet/doll people/constructs then remember to add weaknesses along with the bonuses if you don't then i don't know what your weak against so then it would be OP. So kj what is your Humen/Lizard man hybrid weak against this is ooc so nobody can use this information until they see or learn about it in-game. Oh and Playergamer if their is any racial bonuses or maluses that comes from your mystery 1/128 tell me what they are when this mystery 1/128 comes into play.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:48:38 pm by Prophet »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 05:51:34 pm »

I would prefer a long time period, I don't thing the whole issue should start from a village dying though, maybe something else.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 108