Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth A.K.A. [That] thread again.  (Read 2241 times)

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth A.K.A. [That] thread again.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 05:52:22 pm »

My big issue with Salem was everything felt clunkier in the transition to 3d. I didn't like curios being tied to skill areas aswell. It's been awhile since I played it so maybe some of it's changed.

Recluse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 06:15:59 pm »

Well after looking it up to learn more about it I'd have to say I'd be hesitant to give Salem a try. Just about anything I've tried that Paradox Interactive has been involved with either performs poorly in regards to framerate or just doesn't perform at all because it doesn't like my choice of video card. I'd much rather stick with Haven and Hearth to be honest with you.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 12:05:24 am »

I used to play this with my brother on and off until we repeatedly got bored of it. If we can get some people together (looks like we have, actually) I'd be willing to play.

As for my last experience with the game (about six months ago), my brother and I got raided and had everything that wasn't nailed down stolen. We had it all claimed, so it was some high-end players that did it. There's no doubt some strong presences in the game still.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 10:34:09 am »

Salem right now is not worth playing as there is a group of players that's for the most part taken over the server and your pretty much not allowed to play unless you swear fealty to them.

I might be interested in trying out H&H again at some point, but eh.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 12:47:08 pm »

Hmm. Made a new character with my old account and entered "ding donger" as the hearth secret.

"No such hearth secret has been chosen by anyone."

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 01:38:46 pm »

I'd be willing to try this out...

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 01:46:20 pm »

I see a lot of "I'd like to join" and not very much "I'm on, let's go," so I'll be starting myself. If you feel like you've made enough progress that you don't want to abandon it, Urist, I'll quit and join you when you update your hearth secret.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:10:15 pm by Ruludos »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 02:04:09 pm »

Guys, please be sure to make Hearth Secrets private through pm only. Not like I don't trust anyone here, but the forums are public so some random raider guy can have a one way ticket into your base. I'l probably be in after exams, HnH sucks up a lot of your time. So about 2 weeks from now.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 02:09:58 pm »

I think the odds of someone finding our hearth secret and having the power to do something about it are fairly low, but I'll take it down anyway. Anyone who wants to join me just needs to shoot me a PM.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 02:24:18 pm »

Yeah, it is just good practice and makes things more organized. I've never had first hand experience with it screwing you over, but that is what the Bay12 group did for HnH awhile back.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 02:33:34 pm »

Hah! Just stole an unprotected boat. It's time to search for an island without obvious signs of human presence now...

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 03:23:51 pm »

I think the odds of someone finding our hearth secret and having the power to do something about it are fairly low, but I'll take it down anyway. Anyone who wants to join me just needs to shoot me a PM.

In my experience there's a decent amount of overlap between H&H players and people who browse the B12 forums. My buddy who was a member of one of the large Goon settlements on world 3 or 4 (can't remember which) scouted raids by looking for public HSs on B12, RPS, PA, and other forums.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 03:26:47 pm »

The secret was changed, if you want it, message me.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2014, 03:31:39 pm »

How advanced are you? I'm about to finish a claim (need two more bones) and have about 8k in xp to spend on it. If you've already got one I'll just join you instead.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 03:35:55 pm »

We've got a claim, a small farm, and a couple leather tubs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3