Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is a Firearm Magazine System Possible?  (Read 1014 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
Is a Firearm Magazine System Possible?
« on: June 01, 2014, 09:19:55 am »

Is a magazine system for firearms possible?
I know you'd have to mod in at least one firearm, and ammunition, but could you make it so that there is a magazine item too, and then allow the firearm to store the exact amount of space a magazine would take up, and then put the ammunition in the magazine, and have the magazine max out at a certain number of rounds, and then fire the rounds from the magazine in the gun at a target? (I hope what I'm trying to say kind of makes sense)
Regards,
Dampe

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Is a Firearm Magazine System Possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:16:47 pm »

No.

Ammo will always go into quivers, and thats hardcoded. You can make a gun and bullets, which will work like a crossbow and bolts. Thats about it. You might or might not rename quivers to magazines, but that would be fort-wide. Maybe into "quiver/magazine", to show that it could be both.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is a Firearm Magazine System Possible?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 05:23:56 pm »

Quivers seem pretty close in roleplaying to magazines anyway.

Just imagine that your dwarves have a safety protocol of always ejecting the magazine whenever they lay down the gun. And pretend that when they are carrying both, that the magazine is loaded.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.