Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: ☼Cobaltpacked II☼- Kobold Community/Tutorial Fortress  (Read 27083 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Cobaltpacked II☼- Kobold Community/Tutorial Fortress
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2014, 05:27:13 am »

Quite amazing, I have to reread everything again.

If you have an unnamed thief, could you bold me as one please?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 11:54:24 pm »

Quite amazing, I have to reread everything again.

If you have an unnamed thief, could you bold me as one please?

Sure.

Apologies for the delay. I wish I could say it was because of homework. Been more distracted with animus and other games.

* Arcvasti institutes koboldian discipline on his priorities.

2nd Opal: Nearly a year has passed since the birth of Babbette, first kobold child born in Cobaltpacked. As such, I expect that the fort will soon receive an influx of mature kobolds to its workforce. I instruct Tenderroast to make some steel weaponry for my personal squad of witches and witches. Babbette seems a promising pupil and no doubt some of the other young kobolds will prove suitable candidates as well. Kaladin is hard at work producing armour for them as well as for the future militiakobolds the coming of age of the children will entail.

3rd Opal: The Thief came to see me in my office today. He[Her? I've stopped caring at this point.] said that {s}he was tired of doing menial missions into dangerous territory and requested a break. They also requested to be named "Boltgun", after some Gnomish device they'd seen in their travels. I granted both requests.

4th Opal: Palu has begun hexing some spare weapons we had lying around with sickness enchantments. The squad who'll use them won't be ready for action for a while, but being prepared never hurt anyone besides them.

9th Opal: Production is going beautifully. There is AT LEAST one decent quality rare silk cloaksfor each kobold and we've started making more to sell to the Peddlers as trade goods. The steel weaponry for my Coven is completely done, the weapons for the future militia are hexed, lammellar leather is being painstakingly assembled, wood stalk logs are being burnt for fuel and clay is being shaped into bricks.

12th Opal: Another silk harvest begins. Palu brings me aside to request some basic armour and weaponry for HIS future acolytes.

14th Opal: Having deemed that Boltgun has had enough of a respite, I send him back to steal from the Dwarves in order to get more Metal to feed the insatiable lust of our forges.

20th Opal: Work continues steadily. Lammellar is shaped into armour, clay baked into bricks and webs collected into thread.

23rd Opal: Several more kobolds are born. Now I have to update the census. Again. I've been busy with paperwork lately, something made harder by the fact that I've been using carved clay slabs instead of papyrus.

25th Opal: Nearly all the armour and weapons for future use have been completed and the first bricks of the latest massive batch are ready for use.

26th Opal: I've ordered armourstands for training set up in one of the unused alcoves on the second floor and in a new room across from my office.

28th Opal: The new Druid finally came out of meditation. Kaladin had his equipment ready for him.

30th Opal: This has been an incredibly productive month. The foundation for the Ogre Cave is almost, but not quite, complete and the next generation of militia and magic kobolds will have new shiny flawless equipment, thanks to Kaladin's recent ascension to the rank of Ancestor in her chosen skill.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2014, 06:28:03 pm »

* Arcvasti prepares to initiate the dreaded[And unprecedented] UPDATEX2 COMBO!

2nd Obsidian: I set Palu the task of making hexes for myself and my future apprentices.

5th Obsidian: The foundation for the Ogre Cave is nearly complete. Soon we will be able to commence the construction of the Ogre Cave proper.

7th Obsidian: Alestance emerged from his bunker today to speak with me. He requested some sawblades made of green glass, as well as a few simple clubs made of copper and several bone mechanisms. And the services of the Digger. When I asked him more about his plans, he just smiled and told me it was to be a surprise.

8th Obsidian: I've ordered the clubs and mechanisms Alestance asked for to be made. The glass would be trickier. We do have a source of sand here, but we lack bags to store it in. So I had the tailor stop making silk cloaks and begin making silk bags. Construction on the Ogre Cave is FINALLY underway and the hexing of my future apprentice's weapons has begun.

11th Obsidian: Sand collection has begun and Alestance's bunker has been emitting odd sounds.

12th Obsidian: The Ogre Cave is complete. I have the Animal Trained take the Ogres up to their new home to be trained properly.

16th Obsidian: A wandering kobold runs into a Forest Imp in the Tunnel. Arthropleura begins processing some wood stalk into logs for clubs for use by the newly minted War Ogres.

18th Obsidian: Another Forest Imp startles a kobold worker, this time much nearer the gate to the Camp proper. I dispatch Skullsploder and Zach to go deal with the intruders.

19th Obsidian: A force of Gnomes wielding... screwdrivers, of all things, appears from the woods on the other side of the River. I order the Tunnel locked, for now. We might finally be strong enough for a head on confrontation with the Others. But after careful preparation, not blindly rushing into battle.

20th Obsidian: Another Forest imp appears, this time at out doorstep. The guard Trap Spider webbed it, causing it to fall into one of Alestance's weapon traps and be eviscerated. I declared high alert and sent out the Weaver, adept at removing webs safely from his practice on the Silk Farm to de-web the weapon traps, lest one of our own fall into them and... Damn it. He was too late. The Butcher wandered out to grab a piece of Forest Imp to carve into meat, got caught in a web and was CUT IN HALF by Alestance's trap. I order the guard Trap Spider condemned to death, appoint a young Badger-sign to be the new Butcher and direct the Digger to carve out burial chambers in the clay. This tragedy will NOT be repeated.

22nd Obsidan: Calamity directs the late Butcher's funeral and, for once, I don't feel like ripping his head off. He speaks a short prayer to "Griblin" and burns a piece of leather. Kobold funeral rites are simple. Dead kobolds are entombed in the clay they were born from in the material of their passion. As a Butcher, he is buried in a beautifully made coffin of jack rat bone. I drag Alestance out of his bunker to watch. Once Calamity's short ceremony is over, I bend over and whisper in his ear:

"You killed him. Your little devices and oh-so-clever plans killed him, just as surely as if you'd wielded the blade yourself. If your new project, whatever it is, puts my people in danger, I will string you up by your own entrails. This is your first, and last, warning."

I stalk away from the funeral, bitter and angry.

23rd Obsidian: We still have no glassmaker, so Alestance's sawblades will have to wait for now. Alestance comes up to me and hands me a rough lapis lazuli. A GEM. Where did he get that? I haven't authorized any thieving missions... I order it cut and prepared for future rituals. Don't look a gift rock in the mouth.

24th Obsidian: The Animal Trainer has equipped both War Ogres with rough tree trunk clubs. I order the Bone Carver to begin making bonerattle, a semi-necromantic bone alloy as strong as iron, armour for them.

25th Obsidian: More lapis lazuli stones trickle up from Alestance's bunker to the Jeweler. I have no idea where he got them. Maybe its a reconciliation gift for the accidental death of the old Butcher?

26th Obsidian: The flow of lapis lazuli gift-gems from Alestance has stopped. Maybe he ran out of them? But that begs the question of where excactly he GOT them. I also finally found a Glassmaker to construct the sawblade Alestance wanted. The Engraver was a Coyote-sign who rarely did anything, so I gave HIS job to an industrious Coyote-sign kobold youth and assigned the former Engraver to Glassmaking. It can't be THAT hard, can it? While not as venerated as the art of Pottery, Glassmaking is far from unknown to the kobolds.

28th Obsidian: Calamity approached me. He seemed much more unhinged then usual

"Kill them", he hissed. "Kill them all."

"What."

"The OTHERS, the Ticking Ones. They DEFILE us with their mere PRESCENSE! Kill them. Order the assault. Or *I* will."

Calamity wasn't bluffing. He'd built up a cohort of fanatics with illegally forged daggers of silver, to match his own. Most of them were YOUTHS, impressionable CHILDREN. But Arcvasti had no doubt that he would order them to their deaths in a heartbeat.

"Make no mistake, their deaths are assured. Give me until the gentle rains of spring give way to harsh summer. THEN I will launch the attack."

"NO! NO! THEY DIE NOW! THE BONES OF THE UNHOLY SHALL BE OUR FURNITURE!"

Calamity regained control of himself after a few seconds, breathing heavily.

"T-That will do. On the first day of Summer. NO. LATER."

Calamity stalked out of the office.
Spooky Signature

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2014, 09:49:04 pm »

Is this still alive? If so, could you koboldize me as a swordsbold?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2014, 10:06:01 pm »

Is this still alive? If so, could you koboldize me as a swordsbold?

Just hibernating. I'm midway through a huge megaupdate, but stalled a week before the climactic battle and haven't gotten back to it since. Was probably going to finish the update this week, anyways. And sure. We have a couple unclaimed machetebolds, you could totally have one of those.

EDIT: Alright, megaupdate is almost done. Climactic battle resolved, suitably dramatically. Cobaltpacked survived. Mate888, you have been bolded and DAMN is your bold a badass. Full update[With aftermath~!] to come later. As in tomorrowish later, not in a few hours. Some people, perhaps regrettably, require rest.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:26:15 am by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2014, 08:00:46 am »

I would also like to be Bolded.

A male kobold druid if possible. As much as I respect the darker powers and the might that comes with them, I would rather avoid practicing a magical art that might drive me insane learning. Besides, I like my mark.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2014, 08:51:18 am »

A male kobold druid if possible. As much as I respect the darker powers and the might that comes with them, I would rather avoid practicing a magical art that might drive me insane learning. Besides, I like my mark.

Pfft, why bother with boring magic?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2014, 02:09:10 pm »

Mate888, you have been bolded and DAMN is your bold a badass.
Oh hell yeah! My profile picture is happy!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

Bolding requested. Warrior/Viper, if possible.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2014, 09:26:42 pm »

Boring? I get to turn into a giant freaking bear! I'm sure there is plenty more crazy crap that druids could do if given the chance as well.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2014, 12:16:59 am »

1st Granite: Calamity's ultimatum will be difficult to fulfill. Whatever I said to him, the gnomes outnumber our soldiers by a bit more then two to one and, despite their odd-looking equipment, have mainly bronze and steel weaponry and armour. Babbette and another of my apprentices will be full-grown by then, so that's something. So will the youth that Palu's been grooming to be the next Druid.

3rd Granite: The jack rat harvest has begun. The new Butcher will have his little hands full for the next while.

5th Granite: The Bone Carver is done making bonerattle gear for the War Ogres and the Animal Trainer is going to try to get the stubborn beasts INTO the armour.

6th Granite: I've begun training in the Way of the Spear Pointy Stick, in preparation for the upcoming battle. There's no way I'll be able to match Zach or Skullsploder's level of mastery in time, but at least I'll be able to do SOMETHING.

8th Granite: Both War Ogres are now armoured. The Animal Trainer informs me that this inhibits their breeding somehow, but I think that the increased survivability is worth it.

10th Granite: The Fish Clean and Huivn are both Ancestors at their chosen crafts. The latter also became an Ancestor of Pottery through the creation of an artifact and he isn't even a year old yet!

12th Granite: Alestance sent me a gift again. Not gems this time. Cobaltite. Alestance. Has been MINING. Secretly, behind my back, Alestance has been digging, looking to discover the Caverns we kobolds lost long ago to the Legion. But... Cobaltite is of special importance to our people. And Cobalt, the refined Metal made from it with Dwarven techniques, is even more so. Alestance's excavation will be allowed to continue. Presumably he is taking every precaution. Because if he isn't, I WILL kill him.

14th Granite: The process to complete a new megabatch of clay bricks is being started.

17th Granite: I have the War Ogres moved to guard the Depot.

20th Granite: Noticing the worn clothing most of the Camp seems to wear, I have the tailor make ankle bands, vests and kilts out of silk, rather than the ubiquitous cloaks.

24th Granite: Cobaltite keeps trickling in. Alestance must have struck a large vein.

27th Granite: The coming of age ceremony for the first litter of kobolds born in Cobaltpacked is today. The event is held in Calamity's Temple. Like the old Butcher's funeral, the event is almost a truce between us. He begins the ceremony.

"We are gathered here today, before Griblin, to acknowledge the coming of age of these intrepid kobolds. Babbette Balancedrelease, step forward."

Babbette steps up to the altar, which is covered in the ashes of burnt leather. Calamity outlines her birthsign on her forehead with the ashes and steps back.

"You are now a full adult, with all the rights and duties that entails. Huivn Torturedtummies, step forward"

Huivn steps up to the altar and gets his own birthsign outlined. Calamity repeats the process for the other members of the litter, a Druid-in-training and a Bowyer. Then the ceremony is over and I take Babbette to complete her apprenticeship to me in an entirely different ceremony.

28th Granite: Babbette's initiation into a full Witch goes smoothly. I have Articil prepare the barrel of blood so she can learn the bloodsteel spike spell I pioneered. I also give her her new equipment, a hexed steel stick and full lammellar armour.

1st Slate: Babbette successfully learned the bloodsteel spike spell. Me and her are now training together in the Way of the Pointy Stick in the room set aside for that porpoise across from my office. The next of my apprentices to come of age will do so in a little more then a week, so there will be three Witches and Witchers on the day of the battle.

5th Slate: Palu has started ordering juice for the upcoming Druidic meditation of his newly-adult apprentice. He disapproved greatly of my induction of Babbette into my order and hasn't been speaking with me. This is greatly troubling. The spirit bear forms of the Druids are fearsome indeed and I'll need their help against the Gnomish menace.

10th Slate: The Potter has become an Ancestor at his craft. Only Huivn rivals his skill at Pottery, and he spends all his time making delightful meat roasts.

12th Slate: One of my apprentices has come of age and is beginning the ritual to become a witch.

14th Slate: The apprentice has successfully become a Witch. Palu's apprentice has begun their meditation. Palu himself came into my training room and talked at me. He said that my power was from the dark, from that which the Warlocks brought home from the Void and that it was Druidism TWISTED, BROKEN. He warned against easy power, for it always has its price. I gestured and his dreamcatcher amulet exploded again. It reacts badly to my mere presence, and the slightest expenditure of energy makes it do that. He glared at me and stalked out of the training room. Babbette stared openmouthed at the confrontation.

18th Slate: No more gifts of cobaltite have arrived for a full day now, so I'm assuming that Alestance reached the end of the vein he found. A total of twelve usable boulders of cobaltite were excavated. Or at least, that's how many Alestance gave me. He could have some stashed in his bunker somewhere.

19th Slate: The first of the megabatch of clay bricks were finished today. The second floor is about halfway done and this new megabatch might finish it completely.

20th Slate: A kobold child was born today, to one of our militia. Another kobold child was struck by a mood. Palu's dreamcatcher amulet exploded again and he blames me for weakening the mystic barrier. Judging by my memories from the Should-Not-Have-Been, he may very well be right. The kobold child, of the Salamander Birthsign, grabbed a bar of silver and some leather and sequestered him[her? Kobold genders were always hard to tell, even when they WEREN'T wrapped inside an enveloping silken cloak]self in the Forge.

21st Slate: The new apprentice finally learned the bloodsteel spike spell and joined me and Babbette in our training.

22nd Slate: The attack on the gnomes will begin soon. It has been decided that my coven of Witches and Witchers will not participate, both because of Palu’s objections to our methods and because of our lack of practical combat experience and training. Someone just had quadruplets. Even if our soldiers die tomorrow, there is still life. There is still hope.

23rd Slate:
I enter Alestance’s bunker, to use as a command center. The plan of battle is thus: Our finest Machetebolds[ Skullsploder, Zach and a few others], will mass on the far opening of the River Tunnel, aided by Palu and his Druids. There they will await the Gnomish advance. A simple plan, but one that seems sound enough. A plan unlike anything Kobolds have ever done: A plan of ATTACK. I take a deep breath and pull the River Tunnel lever.

Palu’s thoughts were divided as he led the advance against the Gnomes. After all, were they not friends of nature too, Druids in their own right? His apprentice strode beside him, as did the rest of the militia, resplendent in masterful lamellar. At the other end of the River Tunnel was their leader, clad in gracefully spinning mithral gears, riding a feral looking bobcat and wielding a mighty iron cudgel.

“I am Palu, Archdruid of Cobaltpacked, last refuge of the Kobold race. Turn back here, or die.”

The gnome’s ticking-obscured visage whirred enigmatically and a long pause, spoke, in a metallic clicking voice that was ANYTHING but natural.

“I am Rumand Noshelmigr, leader of the Temporal Excision Taskforce, Division Twelve. You are harbouring a class II Refractive Anomaly, who calls itself “Arcvasti”. Hand him over for Timeline Reconstitution or we will terminate you.”

“I cannot do that. As much as my Druidic Oaths want to be able to dispose of his forbidden magic quickly and easily, it would leave our people with no leader.”

Without another word, Rumand’s mount leapt forwards and the macegnome atop it crushed the skull of a militiabold with a single swing.

“Die, “Archdruid”. Die knowing you killed your entire people with your stubbornness and pride.”

Palu smiled then, a fell grin, as of a wild beast. He threw down his weapon and shield and channelled the Great Spirit of the Protector he had bound his Birthsign to. His apprentice, beside him, followed suit. There were no more words. The kobolds fell upon the Gnomish force. There would be no quarter and no mercy, for the kobolds fought with the strength of those who know that the fate of their species rests with them. In the close press of the River Tunnel, the unwieldy screwdrivers of the Gnomes proved their undoing, as did their selfishness. For the kobolds were outnumbered two to one, and they knew it. But Palu chose to make the greatest sacrifice: He threw himself upon the defending forces and impaled himself on their weapons, rendering them useless. The militiabolds hacked, slashed and stabbed precisely at the entrapped foes, halving the enemy force in a matter of seconds. The remaining gnomes rallied and pushed back. Their leader’s mount fell to Palu’s apprentice quickly and the River Tunnel quickly became a nightmare, near-silent combat in the dark on a floor slippery with blood. The odds quickly swung back in the Gnome’s favour, with Zach and Skullsploder incapacitated by painful stabs to their arms and legs and Palu crucified by the screwdrivers he’d taken upon himself. It was one against six then, in the dark. And then the kobolds began to win. The sole remaining militiabold decapitated two gnomes in as many seconds. Palu’s apprentice, in his fury, ripped the Gnomish leader limb from limb with his mighty rending jaws, heedless of the mutilation the spinning mithral cogs inflicted upon his form. In that moment, the three remaining gnomes, although they nominally had the advantage, were terrified. They turned and fled, judging their own lives more important than some ephemeral timeline. The Kobolds had scored their first victory.

But not without cost.

The delegation of Arcvasti’s Coven down to the killing field to investigate the fate of the expedition was a somber one. Two kobolds had died, in all: The militiabold who was executed by the Gnomish leader before he could land a blow, and an adventurous kobold child who had wandered too close to the fighting. Eight Gnomes, including their Commander lay dead, as did the monstrous war Bobcat they had brought. The living were brought to rest in beds, the dead to rest in coffins. The valuable Metal and even the still-warm bodies of the Gnomes were brought inside, to be processed into useful resources. Life had to go on, for those who still possessed it.

As the dead Gnomes were brought in to Cobaltpacked, Calamity nodded to me in approval. He’d had his vengeance and others had paid the price. I would deal with him later. For now, the wounded and dead needed attending to.

24th Slate:
The moody child finished their construction, a silver breastplate called “Miseryshared”, becoming an Ancestor of Armoursmithing. Calamity seized the artifact at once, claiming it to be a “divine gift” and wearing it personally. The heroic miltiabold who had single-handedly carried the battle against the Gnomes came to me and requested to be named “Mate888”. I granted the title, as he had most certainly earned it. They then proceeded to give birth to quintuplets mid-sentence. I gave silent thanks to Calamity’s false god that they hadn’t given birth DURING the battle. Perhaps that was why they had fought so hard.

25th Slate: Zach’s injuries are being treated in the dormitories by some Bluebird Sign youths. Once the aftermath of the battle[Some of the kobolds are calling it “The Assault of Cyclones”, in honour of Mate888’s wildly successful blitzkrieg against hopeless odds] is over, I will have a PROPER hospital constructed. I order Kaladin and the Bone Carver to begin preparations for it in any event.

27th Slate: The funerals were held today. The fallen miltiabold was entombed in a coffin made of the bone of his victim, a bobcat. The child was laid to rest in a blank white bone coffin, symbolic of the loss of potential his death entailed. Calamity made speeches about how heroic the fallen miltiabold was, making his ignominious and useless death into a great ballad.

1st Felsite: Further investigation of the vast pile of Metal gnomish salvage revealed that the main haul were several mithral objects that could go a long way towards upgrading the quality of the machetebold’s weapons. I order them melted and the Gnomes butchered. Instead of death, they will give us life.

2nd Felsite: Palu and his apprentice regained their kobold forms. Just in time, as Palu’s wounds in bear form had crippled him for life. Now, after the regenerative transformation, he looks healthy, if weak and dizzy. Palu’s apprentice, the other hero of the Assault of Cyclones asked for a name too: Senshuken. I granted his request as well.

5th Felsite: The treatment of Zach and Skullsploder’s wounds goes well. The Bluebird-signs expect both of them to make a nearly full recovery, with only minor nerve damage

9th Felsite: The hospital is completely furnished and needs only to be stocked with medical supplies before it is completely finished. We have plenty of thread and cloth, but I have the Potter begin making some splints out of clay, since we lack those.

12th Felsite: Using the mithral scavenged from the Gnomes, I have Tenderroast begin making better machetes for the militiabolds.

14th Felsite: A pair of goblins were caught in cage traps today.  I order them thrown in the river.

15th Felsite: Some forest imps cause trouble for the kobolds reloading the cage traps and collecting the prisoners. The war ogres should keep them out of the fort proper.

20th Felsite: A quartet of Drowish Assassins got caught in cage traps. I order them dropped in the river as well. Zach is in traction for his badly broken shoulder, and will be for the next while, but Skullsploder should be recovered much sooner.

24th Felsite: Palu transformed into a bear and tore apart some poor Drow. And he’d just stopped being dizzy from channelling sickness too…

28th Felsite:
The Druid Senshuken, finally graduated from apprenticeship, came to see me today.

“The gnomes… I’ve only just begun to think straight, after the backlash of channelling the bear spirit. Their leader said they were here to “fix the timeline” or something. They said you were an “anomaly””
”I have no idea what he was talking about.  I appreciate you telling me, however. If anything else like this comes up, please come see me. Perhaps with more information, the mystery with unwravel.”

The newly-minted Druid left the Witcher’s office, somewhat disappointed that Arcvast had known even less about the Gnome’s mysterious utterances then he had. Arcvasti lay back in his chair, lost in memories from the Should-Not-Have-Been.

In the back room of Calamity’s temple, the priest, clad in his splendid artifact raiment of gleaming silver, consulted some faded rubbings of ancient engravings and a small clay statuette, that, although solid and vaguely menacing, gave no hints as to what it represented. A circle of Gnomish scalps lay in a circle around the altar. After finding what he wanted, the Priest began chanting and the scalps merged together in a spray of darkness, sucking into the altar until nothing was left. The Others would pay with their lives, even if Calamity had to sacrifice children with his bare hands.

A coin, gleaming as it caught the light at the summit of its arc-A misshapen Dartfrog Birthsign, distended with the grin of the face below-A red eye set in gold, burning-A tall robed man, with blood streaking from his face in rivulets
With a gasp, Arcvasti pulled himself out of the meditative trance, trying to make sense what he had seen in the Should-Not-Have-Been. He had an inkling of an idea, and even that made his snout’s sinuses burn with searing pain.

From the rubbings found in Calamity’s Temple
-smudgedillegible-In the year 4, so called kobold deity raised-tornpapyrus-
-hopelesslydirty-Gr’bln h’wth f’rn’w-burnt page-
-crumpledpapyrus-assic example of –wormeaten passage-displacement. Hypothesized to be d-raggedtear in papyrus-

[[OOC:

Boring? I get to turn into a giant freaking bear! I'm sure there is plenty more crazy crap that druids could do if given the chance as well.

Bolded as Palu's apprentice. For the record, the Druid Bears were probably the only reason the Assault of Cyclones wasn't a massacre. They tanked lots of hits and caused quite a bit of mayhem.

Bolding requested. Warrior/Viper, if possible.

You're bolded as an almost-mature kobold destined to take the place of the soldier who died in this battle.

This update was long in the coming and spans an entire season. Follow-up update with OOC status report and a bunch of screen shots is coming in the future.
Spooky Signature

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2014, 03:52:41 am »

Senshuken's log, 28th Felsite: Doubts.

I feel that I need to write down what has been causing me much unrest lately in order to help give my feelings form and possibly give me a new perceptive on that which plagues my mind.

I do not trust either Calamity and his so called 'God' or Arcvasti and the dark powers that he has made pacts with. Even when I was still a druid-in-training under Archdruid Palu I always felt a distinct distrust for both of them.

While Arcvasti has done more to rally and strengthen the Kobold race then any other in recent years by helping to found and guide Cobaltpacked to become a true settlement and secure sanctuary for our people, his recent bargains with dark, twisted powers unnerves me on a spiritual level. The fact that he is also leading other kobolds away from their birthmarks to join him in walking such a twisted path... I suspect that this may be why the Gnomes came to claim Arcvasti's head. Arcvasti himself claims not to know what the gnomes were talking about, but I cannot help but feel that his unnatural powers are part of the cause at the very least.

Calamity is no better but for different reasons. There is a madness behind his eyes and tongue that seems to be infectious; Even now he twists the minds of our young to prepare them for service of his 'God'. I have heard rumors that the only reason that we assaulted the gnomes besieging us was because Calamity threatened to assault them himself with his followers if Arcvasti didn't attack them instead. I am not sure how truthful such rumors are, but I cannot deny that there is a part of me that can't help but feel that Calamity would send his children followers to their deaths if it meant possibly harming a member of the Legion...

Neither of them took part in the Assault of Cyclones. Arcvasti because he claimed that he and his students lacked 'combat experience and thus didn't take part. Calamity didn't even give a reason; Despite his hatred and desire to see Legion blood split, it is clear that he would rather let others fight and die for his desire rather then take up the blade himself for his own cause.

Now that I write these words down, I can think of two possible reasons that neither Arcvasti or Calamity took part in the battle. I know for a fact that the Archdruid has made our feelings about Arcyasti's dark powers and his willingness to use them; It is possible that he intentionally tried to send us to our deaths in order to silence us without being directly connected to our deaths...

It is also possible that the 'Witches' didn't fight because he wished to reserve the strength of his loyal followers for the civil war that is clearly brewing between Arcyasti and Calamity. I fear that it is only a matter of time until the two of them attempt to deal with the other.

For now, I shall resolve to keep my doubts to myself; Our people need to be united now more then ever with our enemies probing our defenses and spreading my fears and doubts would only cause things to get worse. However, I will speak with the Archdruid as soon as possible on the matter when we have a moment. Maybe with his guidance will I be able to see from a fresh perceptive.

~Senshuken.     

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2014, 09:39:22 pm »

Hells yeah! I'm awesome!
Also, last refuge of the kobold race? Then were do the Peddlers come from?
Double also:
Me and her are now training together in the Way of the Pointy Stick in the room set aside for that porpoise across from my office.
That can be EASLY misinterpreted the dirty way.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2014, 02:13:02 pm »

Might I request a bolding as well, as a witch/witcher? (Simply Chaos as a name would do.) I wish to be of aid to our grand leader, for the next battle that is sure to come our way in the future!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2014, 01:09:57 am »

Well. I am really bad at updating things.

* Arcvasti glares at Christmas/Solstice/Yuletide/Festivus meaningfully

Anyways:

The fort is doing pretty well, with a decent population of 70ish. I decided that this would be a purely generational point for RP porpoises a while back and have used popcap and DFhack murderizing to have no migrants show up in the last while. I'm a bit worried about what the next siege will look like, since the fort's value is ridiculous. Lamellar armoursets + silver and gold artifacts === lots of valuableness. Preliminary DFhack testing in alternate universes reveals that over a hundred dwarves would come to siege us if that were the case, WELL above the capacity our militia can handle. Although I think sieges spawned from stealing things are usually smaller? In any case, SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler: Overall fort status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fort population (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lower floor of fortres (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Might I request a bolding as well, as a witch/witcher? (Simply Chaos as a name would do.) I wish to be of aid to our grand leader, for the next battle that is sure to come our way in the future!

Done. You're even highlighted in the first population picture.

Also, last refuge of the kobold race? Then were do the Peddlers come from?
The Peddlers are a few scattered kobold tribes who trade with rural humans and goblins. Cobaltpacked is the last organized bastion of kobold civilization[Such is it is.]. The Legion usually ignores them because they're harmless, but their current interest in this region of the world might bring that to an end soon.

Me and her are now training together in the Way of the Pointy Stick in the room set aside for that porpoise across from my office.
That can be EASLY misinterpreted the dirty way.

0_0

That... Babbette is like 1/10th the age of Arcvasti. And he doesn't even remember kobold's genders half the time.

* Arcvasti heads out to find some brain bleach for that mental image

No idea when the next in-story update will come. Probably week after New Years, but just as likely not.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6