Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)  (Read 15810 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2014, 09:59:25 am »

Hey, I updated the OP with links to everyone's updates.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2014, 03:40:38 pm »

Can I use Shafts of Enlightenment and/or Danger Rooms, or are they too exploity?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 04:12:06 pm »

Even Legendary +5 Spearmen are still pretty useless, but go ahead.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2014, 04:19:55 pm »

If it helps any, a legendary adventurer of mine, who was human-sized, had a tiny copper spear. It was absolute murder in his hands. He took down a titan, a minotaur, and countless trolls. All of those by brain shots. Legendary spearimps aren't absolutely useless, but you're going to need a bunch to make a difference.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2014, 04:27:37 pm »

Yeah, I guess. But you should still use mainly crossbowmen and use a few spearmen for a distraction.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014, 04:38:44 pm »

Spearmen make great skull-piercers. Crossbows work slightly better, but require more metal overall to kill a thing.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2014, 12:16:57 pm »

The strange thing is, we have a town as a neighbor, not a tower.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2014, 01:19:38 pm »

I think I know why said thing still brings undead sieges.
A necromancer just hasn't built a tower yet and is living in a town.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2014, 07:41:03 pm »

Huh. What's the name of one of the necromancers that got killed, so I can find out which town it was where the necro was living? Actually, wasn't there only one because there is only one necromancer until he builds a tower? On top of that, wouldn't he be holding the slab when he came here?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2014, 04:21:09 pm »

Just finished downloading save will start playing when I get a chance (hopefully this afternoon).

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2014, 01:13:18 am »

I didn't actually see a necromancer during the siege, he may have died to the surface fires while in hiding. What happens if a necromancer dies while hiding? does he stay hidden? 

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2014, 07:33:29 am »

If a creature dies in hiding, their corpse will show up but it will not trigger an announcement. In this case, it would be burnt away by the fire soon after.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2014, 06:14:38 pm »

Why? Why?!

Why would these so called overseers take me from my crafts. My precious CRAFTS!
I’ll show them now. I’ll show them all in a few days I will, as my right as one of The Seven, take my rightful place as leader of this fort, this last bastion of true hope for the great imp civilization. And how will I wrest control from “Rendell” well I will tell you how

*The rest of the page is torn away as if there had been a struggle*

1st of Granite-
It is done finally  I am in control and now to re-instate myself as a crafter and make this fort the greatest impkind has ever seen!

Touring the fortress I notice a distinct lack of crafts workshops where we can build great devices to fool and baffle the homeland. And so I ordered an extra four built with this workshops wealth shall flow in! I spend the rest of the day making minor adjustments to the fort and making minor changes. For all that I hate the other overseers for their oppressing me they did now how to run a fortress. At night I realise that I have now title my adoring subjects will have nothing to call me in their adoration! Pondering the subject I arrive on a name. After a while I arrived on one, "Gamedragon, Watcher of Crafts, The All Powerful"

15th of Granite
Curses an impling has been taken from under our clawed hands by an evil goblin. And what is this?! My tomb if I dare call it that is only large enough for a common peasant imp I shall have another built and case it in gold to the envy of the gods themselves! A crude sketch of imps building a tomb is here.

20th of Granite
With all of this work I have not been able to work on my crafts but now! Now! I have the chance!

2nd of Slate
Lately I have been having a strange itching for doors. I feel that for the fortress to succeed we must have them. But the lazy workers around here will not make them. Unless... Yes! I know I shall mandate the production of doors and until they are made...

5th of Felsite
I believe that the “Forgotten Beasts” who now plague our halls must die. And so I order two squads to go kill them but they do not seem to be able to reach them... Strange, I must meditate on this.

12th of Felsite
Pah! Today an elven caravan arrives. I hate the elves anything made of wood they reject even if it is a wonderful craft. I cannot accept such heathens and so I shall lock them out of the fort and watch them stagnate.

13th of Felsite
Oh! Calloh! Callay! Today goblins arrived to siege us! This may be seen as a bad thing but as I had already locked the bridge to stop elves from entering the goblins can’t enter either. With any lack they will tear each other apart.

16th of Felsite
Today is a day of great sadness. Two hunters had been outside when the siege arrived and as I had locked the gate... Well you can imagine what happened next.

This is the end of the Spring Report
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:22:44 pm by Gamedragon »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2014, 06:44:54 pm »

They slaughtered the entire siege by themselves sustaining only a few arrow wounds? :P Yeah, half the casualties in my imp forts are hunters. But they usually become legendary first.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »

You should feel glad I gave you a tomb in case of an accident.
If I were less focused on other things, like cavern-diving, trading, ore-finding, ore-melting, stuff-digging, and so on, every one of the original 7 would have had engraved tombs. I just ran out of time. Also imp power.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12