Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)  (Read 15815 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2014, 03:06:03 pm »

Talk about it on the mod's page, not here. But that might be my next succession fort, if this one doesn't have a sequel.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2014, 03:08:41 pm »

I'll bring it up there.
I plan on making a succession fort of my own, once my mod leaves private pre-alpha, exclusive only to me.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 09:03:03 pm »

Overseer Rendell, Summer report.

The first event of Summer was a planter, embarrassed to have no shoes, took a bite out of a farmer in the dining-hall, which sent the farmer a trip to the hospital.
After ordering some more shoes to made I turned my attention back to the well problem, the problem being that the communal burial area was directly were I wanted the cistern for the well to be, I walled the burial hall into two parts as a solution to the problem.

After another wave of migrants appeared; we had too many idle hands, so I ordered the construction of a stone floor on the same floor as the farms to make use of them. A barracks for The Hairy Metals was ordered built, and I decided that the general bedroom area should all be smoothed.       
This was also a good time to start building some external fortifications, in-case of a goblin siege. I was starting to worry about this since I had just ordered that candy wafers be made, and the copious amount of gold we have been stockpiling; we still hadn't any weapon traps because of our chronic need for charcoal, which at least we were still gathering wood from the underground forest,it's not like anything would happen to disrupt the efforts there.. right?   

As just as I least suspected it this message appeared.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Nathami, A giant one-eyed wart-hog. Beware its deadly dust!" had appeared on the third level of the caverns.. right where the woodcutters were working, and made a bee-line to them.
An Alarm went out!, and all the woodcutters stopped what they were doing and made a run for the exit. I ordered the way next the dining hall walled up, and The Hairy Metals to watch its completion. If the wood cutter didn't make it in time, they were dead to me. That thing had deadly dust!
Just as "Nathami, the giant one-eyed wart-hog. Beware its deadly dust!" finished climbing to the top of the stair case, the last of the woodcutters came through the exit, and the walls were built.
Now it sits there watching, waiting for its time to strike. It also blocked us out of the candy mines and underground forests.     

At least its sitting on a bunch of cage traps.. which gives me an idea..

Also during this time a imp has a strange mood, and creates a perfect gem of some sort; a human caravan arrives and proceeds to slaughter two Kobold thieves that were hiding, and the lower area of the external fort neared completion. As the Humans arrived at our new trade depot, I offered them various trade goods, some of which we got from the elves. A green tree frog, giant snail, and a dead giant Impala in cage, whom I insisted was "only tried, and having a long nap". Needless to say we still have the Impala.   

Here's a picture of entrance layer of the fort.

End of Summer Report
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:33:25 pm by Rendell »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 11:49:16 pm »

Could I be imped as a smith of some sort please? Female, named Libitina?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 12:43:24 am »

Flame, it may be a good idea to highlight the current overseers name and post a link to the last update and save. If the game gets bigger it could make it easier to follow the course of the game.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 01:21:13 am »

Could I be imped as a smith of some sort please? Female, named Libitina?

Sure, no problem!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 05:33:35 am »

I'll update the OP the rest of the way when I have more time.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 10:12:45 pm »

Overseer Rendell, Autumn Report.

He watches behind the wall; Nathami, the giant one-eyed emaciated wart-hog. Who I believed, at the time, to be the sole bane of my existence in the Autumn of 253.. I was about to be proven wrong. Nathami was joined in quick succession by Utesh; the pink great spiral shelled eyeless elephant who undulates rhythmically, and Utim; the mandible wearing towering salamander made of crystal glass. My only blessing here was that Utesh was on the sealed section of the caverns, while Utim was free to join he buddy Nathami any-time he wanted.
I devised a plan and sent a couple of miners and masons to drop a constructed floor above Nathami, hopefully killing him and evening the odds.

The humans caravan was still here at this point, so I bought all the wood and iron anvils using Gamedragons beloved crafts. I decided I would melt down all the anvils in order to make weapon traps, to line the entryway to the fortress.
Flame also managed to break his right hand while excavating the last part of the cistern for the well. I watched over him, and he remained in hospital for about a month until he was finally released.

By mid sandstone the constructed floor above Nathami had been completed. I ordered the only connecting tile removed, and the floor plummeted into the ceiling above Nathami... then into Nathami, and then into floor beneath Nathami. The result being that the corpse of Nathami punched through the floor below it, right into the charcoal storage pile, flinging charcoal around the room. 
Here's a picture below.   

Just after celebrating the death of the dreaded wart-hog, and watching his body being dragged away to the butchers station (and yes we did butcher and proceed to make monster meals out of him) the following appeared. 

80 corpses shambled towards the fort through the ever constant wildfire's this place tends to have, all of zombies were former dwarves. The alarm went out, and all imps retreated into the fort. We were besieged!
The Imps were safe behind the drawbridge, and we still didn't have anywhere near enough weapon traps completed. The squads "The Creeds of Tin", and "The Ultimate Mirrors" were formed, although I didn't have enough crossbows and quivers for all them, I needed the men and plus the ability to shoot fire from your hands would help lessen the impact.     
After I while I realised that there was a number of Imp's appearing thirsty. I checked the booze supply, we've run out without me noticing! This left me with two choices: First to go into the underground forest to fight Crystal-glass salamander for a couple of cave-blob filled pools, or to take the fight to the surface and reclaim the pump to fill the well which we abandoned to the zombie hoard. The well while empty was now complete as I was just about to fill it when the zombies arrived.

I think that attacking the zombies while numerous, will be lesser a challenge that attacking the forgotten beast made of glass.   
And its more fitting to fight the undead behind the wall during winter ;).

End of Autumn Report

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 11:21:28 pm »

Does the salamander have a syndrome?

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2014, 12:32:47 am »

Does the salamander have a syndrome?

Yes, he has some deadly spittle of some sort. No way of knowing what it does though without trying to fight him.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2014, 06:48:07 am »

Looking over the embark again, we ARE near a tower.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2014, 10:19:05 pm »

Overseer Rendell, Winter Report.

I ordered more crossbows and quivers to be made for the troops, there was fighting to be had! After they were made, the three crossbow squads marched to the entrance to the fort ready to do battle against the zombie horde. The drawbridge lowered, the squads moved out with the Hairy Metals at point... soon to be followed by the rest of the fort, who were so thirsty they risked death in order to get a few precious sips at the pumping station. The battle lasted a whole month with a bolts and fireballs flying everywhere. The Hairy Metals and Ultimate Mirrors were to hold the entry way, while the Creeds of tin (with the rest of the fortress) reclaimed the pumps from a few zombies. A few civilians died near the pumps, and half of the Ultimate Mirrors were wiped out, mostly because they only had 4 crossbows for the entire squad, but other then that we retook the surface rather easily.         
With the pump secured, water began to fill up the cistern, relieving the fortress of its thirst. The Well was now full and Victory was ours! 
The Militia-Commander Fallen-angel managed to kill 5 of the zombies by himself, with the Hairy metals making up most of the kills of any squad. 
Another drawbridge was set up at the external fort, with the lever for it behind the trade depot.

Nothing much happened in the last month of the year, except the arrival of more headaches.
"Snazog, a great eyeless mayfly. It has a short trunk and it undulates rthythmically. Its gray exoskeleton is wrinkled. Beware its poisonous gas!"
and "Dasri, a huge feathered earthworm. It has wings and it belches and croaks. Its clear feathers are long and sparse. Beware its deadly blood!"
Lets just say that retaking the caverns is someone elses problem.

Heres the status of the fort:

Also we have plenty of weapons made, but among the fighting and forgotten beasts I have failed to actually set up any weapon traps. Something the next Overseer should see to, and good luck!.

The Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8614

End of Winter Report

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2014, 01:11:44 am »

Great! It's my turn! I'm trying to download the save now but it may not work because the internet at home is pretty terrible. If I can't download it now I will be able to in a few days (3 to be exact) in the meantime if anyone has any requests of for this turn please tell me about them now.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2014, 07:16:52 am »

Did I get a title from all the leet kills?

Nah, only one of the Zombie dwarfs was a notable kill.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12