Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)  (Read 15811 times)

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 05:34:50 pm »

I start having a look around the map before the start of my turn just to get a general feel of things.

Here are the first things I notice:
That yes indeed the surface is utterly devoid of trees and in rich abundance of ashes, presumably because of the numerous wildfires in the area.
That aside from the blacked landscape and loss of trees... GIANT-THRIPS ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE, the outside world is teaming with them, something to do with the ash?. 
And that we have embarked on a nice ocean (I like to think to help put out the ramped amount of fires that Imps tend to have), which was totally devoid of anything, except a rotten Albatross that an over-zealous hunter shot while it flew over the sea.

Turning my focus to the fort itself; I see that we have a couple of singe deer and phoenix's (phoeni?) in the level below the farm area, good to see; that in the central area of the fort alot of bedrooms have been ordered to be mined out, and that two of the rooms are finely engraved. This rooms belong to the previous leaders of the fort, Fallenangel and Flame. Fallenangel has engraved both of these rooms, engraving pictures of a blazing sun and various cut-gems in his, and pictures of a pair of mussels, a toad and two green devours in Flames.

After I time I come to the burial chambers of the fort, and once again two mighty tombs have been placed for Fallenangel and flame, although devoid of statues or other finery, a large golden coffin lies in each, at least there not in use :D.
I also notice 5 smaller tombs to the side, interested I go to investigate! Three of the 5 smaller tombs are owned by a miner, a woodworker, and a woodcutter.. but what I find in the last tombs shocks me...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway driven for the need for a larger grander tomb then those who came before, I set out to claim destiny!   

On a side note; Flame is mining some rocks somewhere; Gamedragon is now making Bone-crossbow bolts, instead of crafts Amok intended him to make...Im not sure how he feels about this; and Fallen is in his room not doing his job.. the scoundrel, so Im taking the job Overseer for my self... Plus he said it was "Okay" as long as I stay away from his platinum cabinet.. I'll just get my own Cabinet encrusted with diamonds or... or something..

(OCC) I plan to build some traps and some arm some Imps with Crossbows as soon as possible, aswell as what Fallen suggests in his notes section.   

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 05:45:27 pm »

Too many other things were happening.
I'm a trailblazer.
Plus, there are too many trap varieties, although cage traps would work perfectly fine.
Also, I'm not sure how TheFlame52 does things, but I like to have a generic stockpile. I was going to set one up but I was waiting for implings to grow up to become haulers. Plus, it makes keeping track of stuff a bit easier.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 05:52:23 pm »

Oh, and fun fact: TF52's Overseer position does make mandates, although they are quite rare (in-character, I decided having two shields around would be nice, but then I realized that amulets are what really matters). Oh, and let the chief medical imp do whatever, despite her lack of skill in the field entirely. In regards to that, apparently in the alternate universe where I stay ruler, arm cuts are less severe than foot cuts.
How I learned this?
CRUNDLES.
Ironically, Goblin Snatchers (one came by during my official turn) can be burned to death by a random person. Imps are hardcore.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 05:58:53 pm »

I absolutely LOVE it when an implet burns his potential kidnapper to death. Just imagine being a goblin snatcher, sneaking up to a hand-sized humanoid, when the little thing suddenly turns around and burns off your skin.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 06:00:33 pm »

Man, some imps don't learn.
In my alternate universe, one who got that arm damage encountered another crundle and sustained more damage. The crundle melted to death, but they're reportedly Faint.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2014, 06:19:44 pm »

Enough with the alternate universe, at least in this thread. It'll confuse people. And me.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2014, 06:31:31 pm »

Alright. I'll mention the alternate universe in the "What's going on in your fort".
In any universe, unless someone shuts down the farms, we're going to be SWIMMING in food.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2014, 06:37:57 pm »

Then start making roasts. Or brew it into booze. Or turn the farms exclusively into smoke weed and rope reed.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:01 pm »

Overseer Rendell, Spring report.

After becoming the Overseer of the fort, I've noticed several things: There were some elves at the trade depot who were refusing to leave; there was a problem with the food.. THERE IS TOO MUCH OF IT, so I ordered that lavish food to be created! If I have my way by the end of the year we will have finished gorging ourselves silly straight into starvation; the next problem was the caverns weren't sealed off, I shuddered to think what would happen if a forgotten beast got into the fort proper, so I ordered them shut; and finally the fort had no way to defend itself so I ordered a crack team of crossbow Imps to be assembled under the leadership of FallenAngel, who promptly decided to call themselves The Hairy Metals. Also some traps would also need to be constructed, however since we had no metal's to make them out of, and no charcoal for the forges, that would have to wait.

After wondering around looking for the warehouse and general stockpiling area, I came to the conclusion that either A) it was very well hidden or B) there wasn't one. Sensing the Latter I ordered the construction of two large areas behind and to either side where the general workshops lay, until a time where they could be finished the large mysterious empty area next to the forges and metalworks would suffice as a short term solution.

I also ordered excavation tunnels to find the first missing cavern, and as it turns out it was missed by one tile to either the west or east. Also the order for more gold has been placed as you can never have enough gold  :).

Around this time I sent a bunch of woodcutters down into the underground forest to collect timber, since we had no wood stockpiled at this time, and there was no trees left on the surface. 
As the masons had still not done their job of sealing the caverns, a large angry she-troll appeared around a corner, and headed bee-line to one of the Imps in the area. As the troll charged the Imp, I sighed and was preparing to make more coffins, when the Imp throw his hands in-front of him, and proceeded to blast the ever-living shit out of the troll with hell-fire... By the end of it all that remained was smoke, ashes, troll grease, and a !Troll corpse!. I made a mental note that maybe the Imps could look after themselves after all, even though there was a giant cave spider which had been seen in the area recently. As to conform this a gremlin after seeing what had happened to the troll decided it was a good time to appear, and was promptly blasted by several woodcutting imps, this then caused a wildfire, which in turn burned a large potion of trees the woodcutters had previously been cutting down, but alas progress!

Several other less noteworthy things happened in early slate, first Gibichugus the grand Kobold thief appeared and was scorched for his trouble, and that the Chief Medical Dwarf falls asleep on the main bridge, an Imp gets a strange mood, and that the elves had still failed to leave.

By the end of slate the elves had still not left the trade depot, after thinking about this I came up with the "elf Solution". I ordered The Hairy Metals, still under command of FallenAngel to assemble near the band of loitering elves, and to open fire on the band of tree huggers!!! Instead of using their newly acquired crossbows, the Imps relied on more old fashioned methods e.g. fire-basting the couple of elves into oblivion, which once again, started another wildfire, in turn scaring and maiming the local wildlife. However with the elves dealt with I ordered the trade-depot dismantled and ordered inside along with the elven goods and wares, and gave the job Broker known as "speaker" to Gamedragon with a title tailored to him "The Watcher of Crafts".   

By the end of the month the Imp had finished his strange mood and made the following below.

This is a chalk amulet. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with round chalk cabochons. This object is adorned with hanging rings of levin opal and menaces with spikes of nether-cap.

In Felsite I ordered Flame and his motley band of miners to dig out a well for the dining hall and hospital. Although there seems to be an aquifer on the map, I think its safer to connect the cisterns to the pump that has already been constructed instead.     
At the end of Felsite, surprisingly the Elven caravans returns after being annihilated less then a month before

We now have 100 Imps in the fort after a new migrant wave, although Ive noticed a few unhappy Imps embarrassed to have little or no clothes, I think the many local fire are literally burning the clothes off the imps back, and that we may have to ramp up the clothes making industry.

End of Spring report

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 05:39:49 am »

I'm pretty sure I set up the framework for a clothing industry in my turn.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 06:32:53 am »

If this were a regular succession fort, I'd be worried about being a soldier.
But imps are hardcore.
I also like that you used the same get-rid-of-elves strategy I had planned but never got around to.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 12:59:57 pm »

This is why we are in a desert. Because fire is awesome. But fire-breathing FBs are horrible an have been the end to many a fort of mine. Chain/pasture singe deer near the cavern entrance to release in such a situation, as they are also hardcore.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 01:25:08 pm »

Fun fact: I didn't buy the singe deer and only bought one phoenix.
I got the rest from pack animals that died in a massive fire.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »

HA! And phoenixes are pretty hardcore too. I had someone's pet phoenix take out two entire ambushes of goblins before being ambushed by some bowgoblins.
EDIT: I put this in the OP:
If this were a regular succession fort, I'd be worried about being a soldier.
But imps are hardcore.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:59:38 pm by TheFlame52 »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2014, 03:02:01 pm »

The only reason fire imps would fail at fighting Fallens or Risens is due to the fact both aren't organic, and have no fat (they do have blood, but it's a high-pressure gas made of boiling metal, and it's a different metal than their hard-to-hurt skin and rest of everything else). Someone should do a major mod compilation succession fort, with so many races, there are sieges piling up. "A vile force of darkness has arrived x3" and suddenly Imp, Goblin, and Risen siege, with the goblins being melted and stabbed to death in the crossfire. Hope you constructed a floor.

...and I'm rambling.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12