Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)  (Read 15797 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2014, 04:43:57 pm »

Yeah I usually do that, what really happened was that I was channeling downwards to make a Shaft of Enlightenment and I kind of forgot about the water source down there.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2014, 04:46:54 pm »

Protip: Scan the entire area nearby when tunneling to make a shaft of enlightenment.
Protip #2: Use lightweight dull everything when making a shaft of enlightenment.
Protip #3: It's hecka tough to make a soldier stand on a place where you can drop 'em into the shaft. Have its access slightly below ground.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2014, 04:48:38 pm »

Protip: Scan the entire area nearby when tunneling to make a shaft of enlightenment.
Protip #2: Use lightweight dull everything when making a shaft of enlightenment.
Protip #3: It's hecka tough to make a soldier stand on a place where you can drop 'em into the shaft. Have its access slightly below ground.
Thanks for the tips! You should probably write a booklet of some kind filled with them so people can share in your knowledge.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2014, 04:52:53 pm »

#1 I learned from experience, #2 I read on the shaft of enlightenment thread, and #3 relates to my experiences at Slingsold - I couldn't get a soldier to stab something due to bizarre AI, so I put them on a 1x1 stair area and then had them do it.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »

I assume this is dead, which kind of sucks because it's awesome and I did learn a lot in the process.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2014, 05:16:55 pm »

I think Flame will take a second turn in a few days if nobody decides to join.
He did say he would.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2014, 03:29:04 pm »

I'm now back from 5 days of BSA summer camp, and I'm exhausted. I'm still limited in my computer time, but I'll take my turn when I'm able.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2014, 03:31:57 pm »

Okay.
I miss this fort.
It's not nearly as bad on the FPS front as Demongate.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2014, 09:04:20 am »

I'm updating the OP and starting my turn.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2014, 10:11:45 am »

Okay.
I'm after you like before.
Try not to let me die.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2014, 10:20:55 am »

I barely know where anything is. I don't know what any of these levers are for. The surface is on fire and a section of the bedrooms is being flooded. There are no fewer than eight forgotten beasts in the lower caverns.

And the worst part? This was my fortress. I started this succession fort. YOU MADE ME A STRANGER IN MY OWN FORTRESS IN ONLY THREE TURNS. I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2014, 12:07:31 pm »

Expedition Leader's Log

ALRIGHT YOU INCOMPETENT BUFFOONS APPARENTLY NONE OF YOU CAN RUN A FORTRESS SO I'M TAKING CONTROL UNTIL ALL THIS SHIT IS OVER. FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS IS TO MELT OR DUMP EVERYTHING WE CAN'T WEAR OR USE. NEXT ORDER OF BUSINESS IS TO GET SOME CLOTHES MADE. OURS ARE WEARING OUT. THEN I'M GOING TO SAVE ALL THOSE PEOPLE IN THE FLOODED BEDROOMS. THEY CAN BREATHE BUT THERE'S NO FOOD THERE.

GAMEDRAGON FINISHED HIS ARTIFACT. IT'S WORTH 9600☼. WHY IS A NOVICE DIAGNOSER THE CHIEF MEDICAL IMP WHEN WE HAVE A SKILLED ONE? I REPLACE HIM. AND WHY IS THERE A GHOST? HE GETS SLABBED. WE NEED SOME MORE MINERS. YOU TWO PEASANTS ARE MINERS NOW.

FUCK SHIT NONE OF YOU KIDS ARE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE INSIDE OF THE FORT ANYMORE

Everyone got rescued and there doesn't seem to be any immediate danger any more. I've ordered the construction of beds and rock pots. Then some migrants arrived: 6 fishery workers (they are engravers now), a gem cutter/crossbowman (into the military), a farmer, a glassmaker, a soap maker/spearman (into the military), a great potash maker, a potter/spearman (military), a suspiciusly skilled great stonecrafter/hammerman/crossbowman (military), a great carpenter/crossbowman (military), an implet, a fisherman/crossbowman (military), a great weaver/spearman, an herbalist, a great bone carver/axeman, a great wood carver/crossbowman (military), a dyer, a farmer/craftsman, a potash maker, and a fuckload of pets and livestock.

I'm designating the main stairwell to go deeper. I'm hoping it eventually reaches the magma sea. I also ordered the unused underground plots to grow smoke weed all the time. We need some more fireproof clothes. Wait a second... WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE CLOTHIER? YOU THERE, USELESS FISH DISSECTOR, YOU ARE THE CLOTHIER NOW. MAKE SOME CLOTHES, THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE DANGEROUSLY DEPRESSED BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO SHOES.

Why are we building rock fall traps when we have cages and trap components? I order 6 cage traps and 6 weapon traps built in the entrance. I  order the stonefall traps destroyed because they are blocking traders' way to the depot. I also order a windmill built on top of the pump so we can have clean water always.

And the elven caravan arrives. I'm tempted to slaughter them, but nah, we want their exotic animals. A kobold is discovered and promptly burned to death. I order his dagger melted. I also replaced Gamedragon as speaker with a tanner with good social skills. I bought all the elves' animals and unadorned cages. I also bought all their booze and sun berry seeds and sun berries. Apparently one of the things I traded was wooden so I took all the stuff we needed. I order the floor in front of the depot torn up and walls built there.

Meanwhile, a kid claimed a craftsman's workshop. She's making something out of lion bone and grey parrot man bone. The wall is finished and the elves are trapped. Let's wait for them to go insane and then eat their corpses. The kid finished his artifact, a lion bone buckler. It goes to Molir Alarorali Oraruralirairiri Oudim, the only imp with a title.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2014, 12:39:30 pm »

WHY DO FIRE IMPS NEED SHOES AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?
ALSO TRAIN THE MASONS BEFORE YOU VISIT THE MAGMA SEA.
AND THE REASON WHY WE HAD A NOVICE IS BECAUSE GAMEDRAGON GOT INJURED AND NOBODY WAS FEEDING HIM OR GIVING HIM WATER.
THE ONLY DISADVANTAGE WAS THEIR SPEED, BUT IT STILL WORKED.
MY THROAT HURTS.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2014, 12:59:37 pm »

Fire imps need clothing, so I gave them just the basics: tunic, trousers, shoes, plus caps because why not.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2014, 12:16:53 pm »

Expedition Leader's Log

There appears to be a child ghost in the main entrance which I will have taken care of. In similar news, the other ghost's slab says he was crushed by a drawbridge. The ghostly child is put to rest. His slab says he was crushed by a drawbridge too.

I order 23 nest boxes to fill the phoenix room with. Then I order some new bedrooms dug out because we have the beds to fill them. I also order production of coffins to stop because we have plenty.

Its about time that happened. Not all of them went insane, just most. The berserkers will kill everyone and we can kill the berserkers with crossbows. Also this happened:

Then some migrants arrived: 3 hunters (military), an fishery worker/axeman (military), a weaver, a great wood burner/metalsmith, a cheese maker/glass maker, a fishery worker, a farmer/knife user, a cook/crossbowman (military), and some livestock.

OHSHIT A GOBLIN AMBUSH WITH CROSSBOWS
Ok, so who discovered the ambush? They're kinda screwed because at this moment six crossbow bolts are flying at them. Its a hunter, a talented crossbowman, with another hunter nearby. The first hunter, Gir, is unconscious right now and the hammerman is heading for him. He's dead unless the other hunter saves him. Yep, Gir is dead, and now they're going to focus on the other hunter, Aroru. He shoots and misses the hammerman 3 times, then gets hit by a goblin bolt in the hand. Then Aroru shoots the hammmerman point blank in the lower body, throwing him back a few meters! He dodges between four bolts, but a fifth one hits him in the leg. He passes out from the pain and gets killed by the hammerman.I deploy the military. I hope they can cope with this better.

The first two on the scene are the captain of the guard and an axeman. They set the hammerman on fire while blocking everything the crossbowmen can throw at them. But then one bolt gets through the captain's guard and hits him in the chest. He is knocked backward and breaks his neck on the ground. Down but not out, the captain keeps throwing fireballs. Then two bolts hit the axeman in the stomach. He gets back up, vomiting. Most of the goblins are on fire now, but they still keep firing. A recruit takes several bolts to the legs. Another recruit takes a bolt to the lower spine. He'll never walk again. The hammerman dies of blood loss and all the goblins are on fire. The last of the goblins die of blood loss.

The wounded are rescued, the goblin's clothes dumped. And as if we weren't in a bad enough position:

Luckily it can't get to us. It can play with the other FBs I have no intention of freeing. The nest boxes are done so I order them build and lock the door. In a few years we'll have so many phoenixes.

A snatcher is discovered by a child, who is then kidnapped. I send part of the military after in but I fear the child will not be recovered. While the miltary is distracted by a different snatcher, a civilian sets the first snatcher on fire, killing him and freeing the child. Another two snatchers are caught in our cage traps. I'll see what to do with them later. Bait for an FB trap, maybe?

Migrants! A farmer/crossbowman (military), two animal trainers/hunters (military, they have the exact same skills), a clothier (woo), a great weaponsmith/axeman (double woo), a beekeeper, an animal dissector (you are a miner now), an armorsmith, and some animals.

Meanwhile, a giant grasshopper surprised someone and was burned to death. Then an implet got possessed and gathered some wood and stuff for an artifact. I ordered some fortifications cut into the wall of the depot a while ago and they just now got made. I ordered the crossbowmen to shoot all the leftover elves.

The kid made his artifact. It's worth 16800☼ and it has a picture of my artifact on it.

Since we have a ton of cloth from the elven caravan, I order production of clothing to resume. We also now have a real clothier. He will be legendary in no time at all.

The impish caravan arrived. When the liaison met with me, I asked him for wood, ember seeds, phoenixes, singe deer, plaster, and lye. While I was at it I told our woodcutters to clear-cut the entire surface. I bought all the traders' wood and alcohol, but they didn't have any ember seeds. I gave them a huge profit in elven clothing from their caravan.

The captain of the guard is up and about. There are now no imps being treated in the hospital.

The first of many. But why am I doing this? The reason is, I'm going to be making phoenix turrets - small towers with fortifications at the top where you put a phoenix. A well-placed phoenix turret can take out an entire squad of goblins.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12