Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38574 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.01 - More Succubi, sorted item files, GUI fix,
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 03:48:15 pm »

I adore this work, thank you very much Meph!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 02:02:38 am »

There is a problem with the launcher. I have posted about it in several threads already for people having problems, figured i would post it here as well.

If you change tilesets, the file item_tool is getting borked. And turning into a 5kb file. In order to fix this problem (for the users, not sure how splinterz or Meph will be able to fix it on their end...):
After you choose the tileset you want, open your download of MWDF v5.01. Find the item_tool file, and drop it into the raws folder. Thats it, gen your world again properly, and you are done.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 03:19:24 am »

I decided to try MDF again, and I am much surprised! Last time I checked, we were at version 3 or so, so good job on the improvements!

Usually, I play (Adv.) Modest Mod, because I like the unified names on stuff. So naturally, that is where I wanted to start. Turned off weather, lowered population caps, smaller embark, and removed all the non-native stuff (no warlocks, succubi, hellfire imps, or alchemy for me this first time). But I was wondering, why not make this a default button and integrate your modest mod with this? Some people are wondering why you aren't developing it any more, but integrating it with MDF might make that a lot easier.

Hope this helps! If I like the current settings, I might just stick to this:)
Igfig wrote the Modest Mod. That first of all. I wrote the accelerated DF, which is exactly what you describe: Shorter lists and more fps. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.0 I specifically wrote it, because I cant make this a setting in MDF, so many things would break. You know these DF flowcharts? The materials would be at the very top, and the entire tech-tree of making things depends on them. If you meddle with them, literally everything breaks. Thats why its not an option.

Tenderroast: You = Hero. I will fix this asap.

Deon: Thanks. :) Makes me a bit confused, as there are no new features I wrote, but yeah, praise. ;)

Espuma: I add 1 full version number for every playable race that gets added. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 03:28:54 am »

There is a problem with the launcher. I have posted about it in several threads already for people having problems, figured i would post it here as well.

If you change tilesets, the file item_tool is getting borked. And turning into a 5kb file. In order to fix this problem (for the users, not sure how splinterz or Meph will be able to fix it on their end...):
After you choose the tileset you want, open your download of MWDF v5.01. Find the item_tool file, and drop it into the raws folder. Thats it, gen your world again properly, and you are done.
this isn't a launcher bug.

item_tool gets replaced from the chosen tileset's directory to the df raws directory, but the tilesets' item_tool hasn't been updated.

workaround: after you download and extract, replace all of the item_tool.txt in \MasterworkDwarfFortress\graphics with the item_tool.txt in \Dwarf Fortress\raw\objects

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 03:53:33 am »

Which is exactly what I plan to do. ^^ I started cleaning the items, because they are not tileset-dependant, but obiously I forgot about the tilenumbers in the tool file. Sorry.

I will make an update, 5.02, this evening. Bugfix only. I try to get the posted community fixed into it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:00:39 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 04:18:02 am »

I'm just glad that it is an easy fix on your end.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 04:29:24 am »

i think i've got the weird inorganics stuff resolved as well (again). my bad on that one, i'm not really sure how it happened but the full fix didn't end up in the code i committed. github should be updated soon™

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 05:16:59 am »

I praise because I like cleanup even more than adding new features. It takes some inspiration to add something new, but it takes a lot of patience to look through what's already been added in an attempt to make it better and fleshed out.

One thing I've noticed, is that gnomish removing rust from rusty steel is still called "remove rust from iron", could you take a look at that please?

Also "Smelt cassierite ore into tin bars" should have "cassiterite" instead of cassierite.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2014, 05:44:32 am »

P.S. Can you please explain how do reactions like [REACTION:LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_NAHASH] work? The product does not call for a script through autosyndrome, so it looks like it's LUA_HOOK_SUMMON which should trigger a summoning of a specific creature... Which wrapper works with this hook? I surely love this much more than manually specifying a new inorganic for every spawnable creature.

Also, did you manage to make the creatures spawned this way to appear on "Animals" list and thus available for training/butchering through that menu?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2014, 06:26:41 am »

P.S. Can you please explain how do reactions like [REACTION:LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_NAHASH] work? The product does not call for a script through autosyndrome, so it looks like it's LUA_HOOK_SUMMON which should trigger a summoning of a specific creature... Which wrapper works with this hook? I surely love this much more than manually specifying a new inorganic for every spawnable creature.

Also, did you manage to make the creatures spawned this way to appear on "Animals" list and thus available for training/butchering through that menu?

The script is succubus/summon-hook. It captures all LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_<creature> reactions and spawn a creature by its raw name. Works for any creature, LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_HFS is a wildcard for clowns.
It must be added todfhack.init for it to work. It also require succubus/summoning.lua and spawnunit.lua.

The animal screen is still an issue, you need to reload your save to see it. I think IndiguoPhenix figured this out but I had other bugs to fix before looking at this.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:28:27 am by Boltgun »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2014, 06:28:08 am »

Thank you Boltgun. I was tired of tons of SPAWN_SECURITRON_MISSILE and the like in my inorganics files :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Espuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2014, 07:43:56 am »

I decided to try MDF again, and I am much surprised! Last time I checked, we were at version 3 or so, so good job on the improvements!

Usually, I play (Adv.) Modest Mod, because I like the unified names on stuff. So naturally, that is where I wanted to start. Turned off weather, lowered population caps, smaller embark, and removed all the non-native stuff (no warlocks, succubi, hellfire imps, or alchemy for me this first time). But I was wondering, why not make this a default button and integrate your modest mod with this? Some people are wondering why you aren't developing it any more, but integrating it with MDF might make that a lot easier.

Hope this helps! If I like the current settings, I might just stick to this:)
Igfig wrote the Modest Mod. That first of all. I wrote the accelerated DF, which is exactly what you describe: Shorter lists and more fps. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.0 I specifically wrote it, because I cant make this a setting in MDF, so many things would break. You know these DF flowcharts? The materials would be at the very top, and the entire tech-tree of making things depends on them. If you meddle with them, literally everything breaks. Thats why its not an option.
Yeah, I meant the combination of those two mods. I was afraid that leaving all that stuff out would be impossible. When I typed that, I just opened it up and started the launcher. Now that I played some games, where I disabled all the extras, I see that it is nowhere near the Accelerated Mod (which I thought it would equal). Thanks for your answer!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2014, 07:47:54 am »

The script is succubus/summon-hook. It captures all LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_<creature> reactions and spawn a creature by its raw name. Works for any creature, LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_HFS is a wildcard for clowns.
It must be added todfhack.init for it to work. It also require succubus/summoning.lua and spawnunit.lua.

The animal screen is still an issue, you need to reload your save to see it. I think IndiguoPhenix figured this out but I had other bugs to fix before looking at this.

Thank you Boltgun. I was tired of tons of SPAWN_SECURITRON_MISSILE and the like in my inorganics files :).

Neat. Obviously works for MDF as well, to get rid of lots of inorganics as well. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:09 pm »

Updated to V.5.02.

Among other things the Emigration and the Item_Tool.txt are fixed. For the changelog see the first post. :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:18:39 pm by Meph »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

I'm not sure where to put this...

but I don't like the masterwork tileset for some simple reasons.

some tiles are [graphically] the same, yet mean completely different things (it's a hassle when i'm trying to build constructions).

Examples...

feather tree
feather tree sapling

bush
dead bush

reasons...

one I can build over,
one I cannot

one I can harvest
one I cannot
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:17:06 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17