Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38550 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2014, 05:02:18 pm »

It made no sense. "Welded" is no material, its a way of forging. You cant make a "welded metal bar", then melt it down and make a sword or armor with it. It also made no sense to include other materials. Thats why I removed it.

Roses upgrade-item script allows item upgrades though (kinda obvious with the name, lol), and I wanted to use that... mithirl sword => sharpened mithril sword.

I've not seen, tested, or played with that upgrade script.

But I'm guessing it's as much of a micromanagement headache as the current poison system?

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »

It made no sense. "Welded" is no material, its a way of forging. You cant make a "welded metal bar", then melt it down and make a sword or armor with it. It also made no sense to include other materials. Thats why I removed it.

I was seeing it more as an alloy, since that's how it was made.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2014, 10:05:36 am »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:07:55 am by fucduck »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2014, 11:00:28 am »

Just noticed a very insignificant bug. Reading a drake's (not the duck, thr proto dragon thing) description it said, "Its scale is black". Scale in singular. Just that.

That's not what a bug is.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2014, 09:18:45 pm »

Fresh download of 5.07, only changed migrant skill settings and turned off autosave, tried to gen diverse world and got a crash at year ten. Repeatable across multiple attempts to gen a world and across two separate downloads of the game. In 5.05 I could get to the full 100. Any ideas?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2014, 03:24:29 am »

Using the included LAA utility to allow DF to use more RAM often helps with world-gen crashes.  A year 10 crash is pretty harsh, though, so I don't know if doubling the RAM will be enough.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2014, 05:26:33 am »

Is that on standard settings? Your world is probably too large with too many historical figures. Using the large address awareness tool will help.

Also do you have entries in the errorlog.txt file after a crash ? (try deleting it then genning a new world)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2014, 06:49:50 am »

Thing is it's always right at ten, and once I stopped it at ten before it crashed, but when I told it to use the world as it existed it crashed.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2014, 09:30:58 am »

Limit DF to one core of your CPU. Don't alt-tab out of DF or otherwise change windows until the generation is finished.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2014, 12:36:34 pm »

I had the exact same year 10 world gen bug. It happens on the diverse "garden of Gaia"  65*65 world that Meph setup and it doesnt do it on the the "scorching Shiv" world which I genned successfully to year 150 or something like that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:43:24 pm by Hefateus »

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2014, 05:03:24 pm »

Firstly: Meph, I'm sorry I blasted you a few years ago saying this mod would never take off in popularity.  The crow is very delicious.

Secondly:  I have what I can only assume is a bug of some sort relating to at the very least the stock workshops that are hard-coded.  My dwarves refuse to move anything out of them and put them into a stockpile.

Yes I know all my stockpile settings are correct (I've been playing DF for a very long time), and I assume all my other settings are correct.  I didn't mod anything from the base install of Masterwork.  (Interesting observation: I had to install it clean into a new folder outside of my normal DF folder in order to get a world to gen that actually had something other than 1 layer of sand above the magma lake.  Weird RAW file bug with overwriting old versions?)

I start to panic when I look at my food stockpile and see it's empty, but there are over 900 barrels in my distillary and piles and piles of food slowly rotting away in my kitchen, butchers, fishery and farmers workshop.    My dwarves also seem to be ignoring my farms once they've actually planted the seeds.  Nobody's harvesting despite the related labors enabled.  Not even kids. :iiam:

Thoughts?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2014, 05:15:07 pm »

Do you have any burrows? This is the most common cause of not being able to find things.

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »

Do you have any burrows? This is the most common cause of not being able to find things.

Nope, I rarely use burrows unless a siege is about to happen and for some odd reason most of my dwarves are above ground.

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2014, 05:19:49 pm »

Annnnnd in the span of time it took to write up the orignal post to now, all the food has spoiled and been dumped and the drinks have all been drank, and now my fortress is tantruming because everybody is starving.   Love this game, but holy hell this is !FUN! bug.

Edit: I have 8 hunters all saying they can't hunt because they have no ammunition.  I check in on my craftsdwarf:  yup, 300 bone piercing bolts sitting on the floor waiting for a home.

Edit 2: Checked on my fishermen:  scores and score of rotting fish along the riverbank, mountains of shells from things that have all ready rotted away, and in my fishery: 1 lone crayfish and a dwarf who's been tasked with it for about a year now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:23:15 pm by kasan »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2014, 05:21:21 pm »

There is no bug that could be causing this. Especially since you mention that it affects the hardcoded vanilla buildings/stockpiles, which I cant access. I can only assume that some stockpile settings or work order are wrong.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17