Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38547 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2014, 10:25:58 am »

You do get to choose your race, the same way as you normally do. Looking at your problem specifically it's just that you need to do that before you press reclaim.

Then I'm missing something quite fundamental.  How are you selecting a race?  Is it by disabling all other races in the GUI before launching Dwarf Fortress?  Or is there a binary patch to the Dwarf Fortress executable that gives a new prompt somewhere?  Or am I just blind as a bat, and overlooking some hotkey on the embark screen?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2014, 10:39:50 am »

you tab through the available civs before you embark. When you get to the list of civs, you can select one.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2014, 01:48:11 pm »

you tab through the available civs before you embark. When you get to the list of civs, you can select one.

I always thought that didn't work? It just assigns the closest civ to your embark, and that tab only existed to show you the available civs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2014, 01:51:22 pm »

Not that screen, the screen with the civ names. You can select one, just go up/down in the list.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2014, 03:36:42 pm »

Tip to go along with that: whatever race your selected civilization is, it will be at the top of the Neighbors list. Easy way to tell what race it is :)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2014, 02:34:47 am »

Hi, just downloaded 5.07

Playing a world with warlocks as only toggled playable civ.  (Frost Giants, Succubus, Gnomes and Kobolds all turned off completely).

Getting a repeated crash on embark (immediately), error log posted below in spoiler...Looks like something to do with gnome updates? Has anyone seen this before?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2014, 02:37:04 am »

The errorlog is harmless. I think the crash is from the minion summoning, but I never quite figured out why it happens. Its pretty random. Gen another world and it should be fine...

When I do the warlock update I will fix/change it.

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2014, 02:46:54 am »

With the next big update to DF coming in a few weeks i wonder what your plans and progress are in regards to this update.

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2014, 02:59:17 am »

The errorlog is harmless. I think the crash is from the minion summoning, but I never quite figured out why it happens. Its pretty random. Gen another world and it should be fine...

When I do the warlock update I will fix/change it.

Thanks, worked just fine. Sadly, no giant sinister ocean in this world... But at least no crash.

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2014, 01:40:09 pm »

personally i think removing wielded mithril and wolfram was a bit too much i'd think just keeping those and replacing cobalt with wielded colbat's stats and removing the decorative wielded metals and wielded cobalt would had been a better move.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2014, 02:17:38 pm »

personally i think removing wielded mithril and wolfram was a bit too much i'd think just keeping those and replacing cobalt with wielded colbat's stats and removing the decorative wielded metals and wielded cobalt would had been a better move.

I agree. The welded functionality of Wolfram/Mithril were distinctly useful and added flavor to their armor types. Welded Titanium, and similar was useless (bar value I believe?) and I agree with their removal. Cobalt is... debatable. Rarely see a use on armor/weapons for it.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2014, 03:26:37 pm »

Welded Mithril and welded wolfram were two of my favorite features about the mod D:
I've never had a use for cobalt other than welded cobalt mail armors underneath other armor, and only occasionally used the other welded materials for trade goods
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2014, 03:33:23 pm »

It made no sense. "Welded" is no material, its a way of forging. You cant make a "welded metal bar", then melt it down and make a sword or armor with it. It also made no sense to include other materials. Thats why I removed it.

Roses upgrade-item script allows item upgrades though (kinda obvious with the name, lol), and I wanted to use that... mithirl sword => sharpened mithril sword. 

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »

Does the script allow for the item to retain its quality?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2014, 04:56:29 pm »

yes. as well as name and kills.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17