Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)  (Read 38564 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE - V.5.07 - GRAPHICS FOR EVERYONE (Also: Inorganic Cleanup)
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2014, 05:25:53 pm »

Because I had two tabs open, and accidentally posted it in the wrong tab >_>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »

That is a reasonable explanation, happened to me before as well ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2014, 05:29:30 pm »

BigD: thats a bit harsh... a lot of people list it as their favourite and requested that I put it into the mod.

Nostalgia is powerful.

I really couldn't play 40d Mayday for very long before getting a headache.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2014, 05:37:53 pm »

BigD: thats a bit harsh... a lot of people list it as their favourite and requested that I put it into the mod.

Nostalgia is powerful.
But for that we have the Nostalgia Tileset;D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2014, 05:51:09 pm »

Nostalgia is powerful.

I really couldn't play 40d Mayday for very long before getting a headache.

I actually like Mayday the most out of all of the newly added ones.

The sharp contrast between the green grass periods/commas and the black background on most of them, and vanilla, does literally give me a headache.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2014, 07:32:35 pm »

Taffer makes me happy, though some of these other ASCII sets are interesting... thanks for the alternatives!!

Noticed an issue with the launcher when I fired it up on my WinXP VM. Is this a known problem? As well, when I close it, I get this exception:
Code: [Select]
Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1026
Date: 6/12/2014
Time: 8:32:48 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WINXPVM
Description:
Application: Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonItem.Dispose(Boolean)
   at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize()

It's got every update applied, this includes the various .NET run-times and their updates. Not earth shattering... but it would be interesting if anyone else had an XP box laying about and if they had (or didn't have) this issue.

Discovered it while trying to work around the whole worldgen-crashing thing, since I'm being spoiled and don't want to turn stuff off :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:36:10 pm by draeath »
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But you should prefer to build from sources, after reading said sources
Thats completely unrealistic. ^^ I would assume that next to no one actually would do that.

True, but they still should. I've uploaded a distribution now (albeit without the sound packs, still have to get those manually).

Edit: quote weirdness.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2014, 09:01:48 pm »

Aww so what is the main reason for removing of welded metals? I'm just asking since I liked making shields with them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2014, 09:15:22 pm »

Main reason is to clear bloat. They didnt add anything new. Upgrading materials/items can be done better in future, using Roses upgradeitem script. :)

About your spoiler: They were removed from the game in 5.01, when I sorted and removed all the items. Why? There wasnt really a way to make them, except in moods...

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2014, 09:42:12 pm »

Main reason is to clear bloat. They didnt add anything new. Upgrading materials/items can be done better in future, using Roses upgradeitem script. :)

About your spoiler: They were removed from the game in 5.01, when I sorted and removed all the items. Why? There wasnt really a way to make them, except in moods...
Well that makes sense so okay. Yeah the great axes I'm just little heart broken since my military would be kick ass with wood great axes which is strange since wood weapons suck eggs, must be the different numbers for the great axes so thanks you for answering my questions and how is/was the bike trip?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2014, 09:44:35 pm »

Taffer makes me happy, though some of these other ASCII sets are interesting... thanks for the alternatives!!

Noticed an issue with the launcher when I fired it up on my WinXP VM. Is this a known problem? As well, when I close it, I get this exception:
Code: [Select]
Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1026
Date: 6/12/2014
Time: 8:32:48 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WINXPVM
Description:
Application: Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonItem.Dispose(Boolean)
   at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize()

It's got every update applied, this includes the various .NET run-times and their updates. Not earth shattering... but it would be interesting if anyone else had an XP box laying about and if they had (or didn't have) this issue.

Discovered it while trying to work around the whole worldgen-crashing thing, since I'm being spoiled and don't want to turn stuff off :D
Haven't had any problems like that on my XP machine.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2014, 06:55:04 am »

- Added 10 tilesets (Mayday Plants might need a slight retouch, if something looks wrong on them, just let me know)

There is some funkyness with the plants. In the examples posted you have the 255 tile (normally unused or when used it is used to replace "O" for the pillar in the d_init.txt file) as something else, I think it is some kind of tree or plant. I'm also not sure about the accented "i" but it could be something I don't recognize off the top of my head.

Other than that I love your work, and the work of all those artists whose tilesets are here. I am flattered to have my work placed among them.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2014, 09:34:03 am »

- Added 10 tilesets (Mayday Plants might need a slight retouch, if something looks wrong on them, just let me know)

There is some funkyness with the plants. In the examples posted you have the 255 tile (normally unused or when used it is used to replace "O" for the pillar in the d_init.txt file) as something else, I think it is some kind of tree or plant. I'm also not sure about the accented "i" but it could be something I don't recognize off the top of my head.

Other than that I love your work, and the work of all those artists whose tilesets are here. I am flattered to have my work placed among them.
Yeah I really like your work also so GJ.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2014, 07:19:06 am »

How does Reclaiming a fortress work in practice?  I tried an evil embark and got eaten by a pack of undead Giant Jumping Spiders.  But I was so close to getting through the aquifer, and I think if I just sealed off the rampart (instead of leaving the 3x3 bridge open, due to no mechanisms, due to no stone) I could finish the job....

However, when I select Reclaim, I don't get to choose my civilization.  Which means I don't even get to select my race.  I get a randomly chosen civilization/race.  The first time it was Dwarves, and then I thought "Oh, stupid me, I forgot to Tab-cycle through the screens".  The second time it was Gnomes, and there was nothing on the Tab screens except which fortress to choose.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2014, 10:11:36 am »

How does Reclaiming a fortress work in practice?  I tried an evil embark and got eaten by a pack of undead Giant Jumping Spiders.  But I was so close to getting through the aquifer, and I think if I just sealed off the rampart (instead of leaving the 3x3 bridge open, due to no mechanisms, due to no stone) I could finish the job....

However, when I select Reclaim, I don't get to choose my civilization.  Which means I don't even get to select my race.  I get a randomly chosen civilization/race.  The first time it was Dwarves, and then I thought "Oh, stupid me, I forgot to Tab-cycle through the screens".  The second time it was Gnomes, and there was nothing on the Tab screens except which fortress to choose.
You do get to choose your race, the same way as you normally do. Looking at your problem specifically it's just that you need to do that before you press reclaim.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17