Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher  (Read 28667 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »

Cheepicus. 3rd down in the menu.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:27 pm »

How do I disable multi-level viewing completely? I tried setting it to 0, 1, 2, and 3 z-levels, but it didn't set it to the way it was, say, a year ago (before it was added), with blue open space instead of black.

Thanks for the help

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2014, 01:16:38 pm »

you have to do it manually, in the d_init. CHASM and SKY tiles need to be changed. The original values are still in the files, behind the current ones. I think its 32 and 0.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2014, 01:19:48 pm »

Code: [Select]
[CHASM:0:0:0:1]was250

[SKY:32:3:0:0]was178

Alright, so where do I put that 250 and 178?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I got it from an old copy I had. Thanks

Edit 2: Alright. For those wondering, you want to replace the above codes with this:

[CHASM:250:0:0:1]

[SKY:178:3:0:0]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:28:58 pm by bennerman »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2014, 04:46:03 pm »

Don't you also want to change the sky color?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2014, 10:37:39 am »

when you preview the tilessets masterwork ironhand/obsidian/phoebus, then you notice in the obsidian one that the succubus tile is swapped to the first tile (and replaced with some white monster gfx where the other two have the succubus) and the very first tile seems to be the one for "cavern open space". (caverns full of succubi :D)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also the "manuals" button in the gui needs to link to the new manual, not all the old race specific manuals.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2014, 10:53:23 am »

when you preview the tilessets masterwork ironhand/obsidian/phoebus, then you notice in the obsidian one that the succubus tile is swapped to the first tile (and replaced with some white monster gfx where the other two have the succubus) and the very first tile seems to be the one for "cavern open space". (caverns full of succubi :D)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also the "manuals" button in the gui needs to link to the new manual, not all the old race specific manuals.
The manual button should be fine in V.6.1, and... ups, yeah, the tile is wrong. ^^ I updated all the others, no idea how I forgot that one. I think I fixed it in the currently applied set, then changed tilesets and overwrote it again.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2014, 09:55:26 am »

I'd like a split on harder smelting between harden to smelt ore and more dangerous to smelt ore.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2014, 09:52:30 am »

My attention to detail is not always intense, and I so often find myself stupidly starting with more than one race enabled for fortress mode.  It would be cool if the GUI would wipe my poor stupid bum for me and not allow me to do this by only allowing one box at a time to be checked in that column.   :P

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2014, 09:58:32 am »

Please no, I really like to have this ability to start a dwarf fort after my succubus for dies, in the same world.

Maybe have a warning when multiple races are made "playable", but overall, it's quite easy to choose your race before embarking (when you understand how).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2014, 10:25:12 am »

Please no, I really like to have this ability to start a dwarf fort after my succubus for dies, in the same world.

Maybe have a warning when multiple races are made "playable", but overall, it's quite easy to choose your race before embarking (when you understand how).

How do you go about that? I was under the impression that having multiple fortress mode races enabled at the same time just took it out of my hands and I got whatever the GUI applied last...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2014, 10:30:19 am »

How do you go about that? I was under the impression that having multiple fortress mode races enabled at the same time just took it out of my hands and I got whatever the GUI applied last...

You select your civ from the embark screen.  Tab to civs, pick one .. tab to neighbors, the one at the top of the list is your race.

I guess we should sticky this information or something ^^

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2014, 10:39:44 am »

You select your civ from the embark screen.  Tab to civs, pick one .. tab to neighbors, the one at the top of the list is your race.

I guess we should sticky this information or something ^^

I see.  I've been genning worlds with # of civs fine-tuned to equal enabled races, so I haven't even paid attention to the civ selection tab in Dwarf Fortress itself.  I've been needlessly generating so many new worlds!  Oh well, they're like automated mandalas.   :)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2014, 10:43:37 am »

This should definitely go into the manual, because so little players of vanilla even know about choosing civs, so it seems like a hidden knowledge, somehow.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2014, 12:17:51 am »

Possible bug:

I may be doing something wrong, but in the launcher on the World Gen. tab, in the Currently Editing box, "ALL" doesn't seem to actually work.  I change things there, but it doesn't change any settings in any other world option as I imagine it would.

Sorry if this has already been reported or is not actually a bug!
Llurendt
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9