Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher  (Read 28666 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2014, 05:36:48 am »

I turned Simplified Meat off (so that I would have different animal types presumably) and it still only gives me just "animal meat"..

Other than that, Im loving the new launcher :D Ooh, maybe a pink-hued theme might be nice :D
it only merges lung, liver, brain, etc into "meat", it doesnt make meat "creature-meat". ;)

Oh.. well in that case, its working perfectly!
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 07:12:55 pm »

I am not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I am having a problem launching masterwork. When I go and press the button to launch DF, I get an error saying that stonesense has no var. And then it tells me to shut down the program.

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 03:29:18 pm »

My GUI doesn't seem to be working. English names and sound work, I don't know about pop cap (lord I don't want 200 dwarves), but when I go into 'advanced parameters' in world gen everything is set at default. Mineral scarcity, civilization numbers, embark points etc are all at default.

Viruk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2014, 05:56:54 pm »

Firstly, welcome back Meph! Your mod is fantastic.

Started with v4j, trying out your new v5.10 now.

This is a suggestion for your GUI

I was confused for a bit today, trying to get "Truetype Font" to work. At first with "Item Graphics" selected the game started with a new type of Font. Hitting F12 didn't change it. So I turn off "Item Graphics" and turn on "Truetype Font" but going into game and hitting F12 didn't do anything.

I was fairly confused until I tried switching "Print Mode" from "STANDARD" to "2D" at which point Truetype Font could be enabled and disabled using F12.

Now if I have  "Print Mode - 2D" and I turn on "Item Graphics" a message pops up and says

"Print mode will be changed to STANDARD, Rendermax and Truetype Fonts will be disabled due to incompatibility! Continue?"

Which is great! The only problem is when you start off in "Printmode - STANDARD" and you turn on "Truetype Fonts" there is no warning that

"Printmode - Standard" and "Truetype Fonts" are incompatible, please switch to "Printmode - 2D" to use "Truetype Fonts"

So either adding in a pop-up message, or a warning across the bottom about "Printmode Standard/2D vs Rendermax, Truetype, and Item Graphics" compatibility, would make the graphics settings a little less confusing.

Hope that was helpful Meph! Thanks again for your great mod!
May your axe be sharp, and your ale plentiful!

AxisKiller

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that could happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:06 pm »

Regarding the color schemes (this seems like the proper place to ask?), why is the colorblind scheme muted colors? Being red-green deficient myself it makes the colors harder to see, if anything I feel it should make them more vibrant than default+. Is there something I'm missing?

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2014, 11:35:15 pm »

Can someone explain the 'Migrant Labors' option? I don't get a tooltip for it.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2014, 02:29:44 am »

from the d_init: "You can have your dwarves start/arrive without any labor types enabled here by setting this to NO.  You can also set it to SKILLS to make the labor list set by skill, or BY_UNIT_TYPE to have it done by overall unit type."

Edit: just checked the tooltip, should be there. what version of the GUI are you using?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:31:55 am by splinterz »

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2014, 07:25:52 am »

I have a problem in that I can't even start playing the latest version of Masterwork.
It just says "plugin stonesense has no var" and then crashes.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2014, 11:18:52 am »

from the d_init: "You can have your dwarves start/arrive without any labor types enabled here by setting this to NO.  You can also set it to SKILLS to make the labor list set by skill, or BY_UNIT_TYPE to have it done by overall unit type."

Edit: just checked the tooltip, should be there. what version of the GUI are you using?

Oh, I see it now. Options with dropdown menus aren't consistent with what you need to hover over in order to see the tooltip. Thanks, though, wouldn't have found it if you didn't say it was there.

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2014, 08:25:55 pm »

GUI looks very nice. splinterz, Meph, thanks a lot.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 04:16:48 pm »

I've no idea how I messed this thing up. I doubt it's a bug, but well I dunno entirely. I'm posting this in both TwbT and MDF threads, since I don't know entirely what's responsible, therefore who can help. Most of the info below is MDF specific, since I messed around with options with its GUI, but I hope TwbT will be able to gleam enough info to determine what's at fault. If it's the MDF, then TwbT can just ignore this.

I'm on my second fort since coming back to DF for the third time. Sometime between the end of the last fort and the start of this one, multi-Z-Level rendering was disabled, and lighting was enabled. Also, I'm positive my last fort had full text and multi-Z-Level rendering, but no lighting. I had messed with graphical settings in the MDF GUI when I generated the world the new fort is in (Both printmode and the four tics underneath), but I didn't know entirely what I was doing at the time, and have since then tried to restore settings to Default on the MDF GUI via profiles (Only just a few minutes ago realized it didn't actually do it when I combed through MDF changelog and discovered Rendermax is the new default).

Aside from 'prospect all,' 'tweak fixmigrant,' and just now 'rendermax light,' I haven't issued any commands to dfhack since I downloaded it last. I'm the only person who uses this computer, so I know that's all that's been messed with.

To sum it all up...

-Last fort had full text and Multi-Z-Level rendering, no lighting
-New fort has lighting, no Multi-Z-Level rendering, no full text

-Messed with MDF GUI graphics settings when generating new forts world
-Since then have tried to restore defaults via MDF GUI profiles

-Didn't actually restore defaults, tried my best to do so myself but I don't know what defaults are.
-Read on MDF changelog that entering 'rendermax light' into dfhack enables "Item Graphics + Multi-z-Levels + Dynamic Lighting"

-Entered 'rendermax light' into dfhack, no change
-Hung my head in shame, posted this

Again, posting this on both MDF and TwbT threads since I have no idea what's at fault.

Nevermind, as always I'm a dumbass.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:42:03 pm by Linkeron »

LoGIRz728

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2014, 01:41:54 pm »

With the new update(v6) and manual merging, Launcher didn't get notified it seems. After selecting Manuals, it asks if you'd want to check out race-specific ones as shown here:

Of course, if I click on any of these, the application crashes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:54:46 pm by LoGIRz728 »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2014, 07:30:26 am »

"Liquid spawners" (workshops) and "clay oven" (mic features) always start disabled when I start the launcher, no matter if I enable it before closing.
Enable them, create world, works as intended, but they will revert to disabled in the launcher next time I open it.

Was already present in 5.10 too.

Not a big thing, but a bit weird.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2014, 07:43:58 am »

"Liquid spawners" (workshops) and "clay oven" (mic features) always start disabled when I start the launcher, no matter if I enable it before closing.
Enable them, create world, works as intended, but they will revert to disabled in the launcher next time I open it.

Was already present in 5.10 too.

Not a big thing, but a bit weird.
yeah, the clay oven is linked to the pottery now, so the button is obsolete. Liquid spawner I already wrote splinterz about, it has been replaced by the water/magma wells.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2014, 07:41:22 pm »

hey Meph. How do i use the iconic masterwork font in this version?

This one to be exact
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

these were the gui settings i used in the previous version

unfortunately with the new Gui whenever i select item graphics, it forces me to choose a font and the font i want is not in any of the options

What do i do?

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9