Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Birth of a Deity: Turn 17, Multitudinous Failures of Words  (Read 25498 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of a Deity: Turn 16, Dark Corners of the Land
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:24 am »

"My name is Jim, and I travelled here because, one day while I was tending my flock, J realized there was more to life then just scraping by, day by day. I decided that I would not waste any more time, and began traveling this great land, hoping to see great sites and great men alike."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2014, 10:40:20 am »

"I do see. You indeed look very dead, but how come you're still, er, shambling? Magic? If you don't mind me asking, that is."

"Yup. Magic's probably the thing. I'm not knowing in these things, I just used to be doing soldier work. And then one day somebody went ahead with the stabbing and slicing, and then I was dropping, but then I was rising again. Magic, miracles, who can know, but the thing to be remembering is that I'm not dead, and haven't been for several years, see, and that's all I'm informed on. That and how I'm falling apart anyways."

"My name is Jim, and I travelled here because, one day while I was tending my flock, J realized there was more to life then just scraping by, day by day. I decided that I would not waste any more time, and began traveling this great land, hoping to see great sites and great men alike."

She leans on the doorframe, seemingly intrigued.

"Ooh, I see. It's a bit of an obvious conclusion to get to, isn't it?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:43:50 am by Harry Baldman »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2014, 11:37:03 am »

"Well, have you considered doing something with your second chance at, er, life? I've traveled a lot, trying to experience as much as I can before my time comes. Or, well, used to."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2014, 11:40:25 am »

"Well...yes, although my family never was very bright, to be fair. Plus, I didn't really know what else I would do, besides herding. It's all any of us knew for a long time."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2014, 12:04:08 pm »

"Well, have you considered doing something with your second chance at, er, life? I've traveled a lot, trying to experience as much as I can before my time comes. Or, well, used to."

"Can't be leaving now. My chance is gone! There's birds flying everywhere out there. I wouldn't be lasting more than a minute, I'd be guessing."

"Well...yes, although my family never was very bright, to be fair. Plus, I didn't really know what else I would do, besides herding. It's all any of us knew for a long time."

"Huh. Did you leave any family behind, perhaps?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2014, 12:08:03 pm »

"I left my herd to my brother, but the rest of my family is either dead or married out, so, not really."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 13, 2014, 12:10:05 pm »

"How have you kept the rodents and insects away, then?"

((I really hope a nudge at fridge logic won't suddenly cause this guy to re-die...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2014, 12:48:05 pm »

"I left my herd to my brother, but the rest of my family is either dead or married out, so, not really."

"Oh, that's good! I mean, erm, it's a shame that they're dead or married out, but it's good you didn't have to leave anyone dependent on you behind, right?"

"How have you kept the rodents and insects away, then?"

((I really hope a nudge at fridge logic won't suddenly cause this guy to re-die...))

"By hand. It's helping that I'm without anything better to do, mostly, aside from talking to myself, and that I'm not ever sleeping or resting. And that it's itching so very bad, and that rats are staying away from the very deep hole they can't be getting out of easily. The bugs are harder to be keeping track of, but I was getting good at it a year ago. Now I am a master."

He looks quite proud.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2014, 12:52:08 pm »

Jim nods.

"I'd feel awful if I left my family behind like that. May I ask how you've been?"

((It was surprisingly hard to figure out how to write that second sentence.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2014, 01:22:33 pm »

"One would think that if you've been (practically) locked for years in a dark hole in the ground, all alone, you'd have at least had time to think and solve great philosophical questions, but I guess you haven't, if you've mostly done pest control. Don't you get bored?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2014, 01:36:46 pm »

Jim nods.

"I'd feel awful if I left my family behind like that. May I ask how you've been?"

((It was surprisingly hard to figure out how to write that second sentence.))

"Quite well, I must say. Haven't had much need to scrounge, my garden's coming along nicely, and wonderful people periodically come by and keep me company when I'm on the verge of feeling lonely. It's all I could ask for, really."

"One would think that if you've been (practically) locked for years in a dark hole in the ground, all alone, you'd have at least had time to think and solve great philosophical questions, but I guess you haven't, if you've mostly done pest control. Don't you get bored?"

"Philosophy's mostly just trying to find out what words mean, and I usually don't have much problem knowing what I'm meaning at a given moment. And for being bored, yes! Yes. Yes, I am getting bored often. It's why I'm talking to myself. At some point, your mind's so deprived of fun, you are snapping, see, and I am now having a very high boredom threshold as a result. Am becoming a better person, is what I'm telling myself when I'm questioning my need to exist. It's like prison, except I wasn't doing anything wrong in the first place apart from being alive, see?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 13, 2014, 01:38:12 pm »

"Sounds nice. May I come in?"
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2014, 01:57:43 pm »

"It doesn't have to be a prison. You could have an eternity to solve the problem of birds, you know. For example, you could teach yourself to keep them away by hand while you migrate to someplace where there aren't any. It would be slow, but I don't think time is a concern for you. I'm pretty sure most birds don't eat rotting flesh anyway, so you'd only have a few kinds after you."

((Drew's speech-text is hard for me to read without highlighting it, by the way.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 13, 2014, 03:48:59 pm »

"Sounds nice. May I come in?"

"Sure. You seem like an honest sort, I think. Though I do insist you take a bath if you're going to sleep here, though. I'll get some water for you," she says, opening the door wider and waving you in. The first room of her home is a fairly quaint one - there's a few chairs here, a single table in the middle of the room, atop which a candle is located - there's a staircase leading up, and a few doors. The place looks rather nice.

"It doesn't have to be a prison. You could have an eternity to solve the problem of birds, you know. For example, you could teach yourself to keep them away by hand while you migrate to someplace where there aren't any. It would be slow, but I don't think time is a concern for you. I'm pretty sure most birds don't eat rotting flesh anyway, so you'd only have a few kinds after you."

((Drew's speech-text is hard for me to read without highlighting it, by the way.))

((Color switch initiated.))

"Oh, I've been trying by hand. Doesn't work! The birds, they're everywhere! And they're big, and they don't know giving up is a thing, and I'm having to keep them off with only one arm. They're all over me, and they're still living out there, waiting, roosting. There's more and more every year!"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 13, 2014, 03:53:20 pm »

"As you wish."

Look around, try not to be weird. Take bath.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21